4G Tower across the street from Labor Day vacation rental - Priceless

kckid

Labor Day vacation in Galveston, TX.  Look what is across the street from my rented Condo!

Of course I already knew that it was here, that's why I rented this unit.  Being on the beach was a contributing factor too.   :tu:  :tu:  :tu:

mP1lc51l.jpg

eQBpLTIl.jpg

• Like 9

Labor Day vacation in Galveston, TX.  Look what is across the street from my rented Condo!

Of course I already knew that it was here, that's why I rented this unit.  Being on the beach was a contributing factor too.   :tu:  :tu:  :tu:

Why does it always feel so nice to be right under a cell tower? When I tell other people, they never seem understand me.  :P

• Like 1

The microwave backhaul is for Clear.

It is built up off the ground due to storm surge from hurricanes.

Ah, i was thinking since they could get a better deal on microwave backhaul than fiber like what T-Mobile has done in hawaii

about 85% of sites have Microwave (in Maui)

Ah, i was thinking since they could get a better deal on microwave backhaul than fiber like what T-Mobile has done in hawaii

about 85% of sites have Microwave (in Maui)

Microwave is more expensive to install than fiber, if the fiber is nearby. If there is no access to fiber, then they will run microwave links to bridge fiber access to these sites. However, Clearwire used mostly microwave. It was their preferred backhaul solution.

But one thing we should remember is that microwave is connected to fiber somewhere. Microwave should be considered a fiber connection where the final connection to the site is via a microwave airlink.

Robert via Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 using Tapatalk