Sprint to Cut 800 Customer Service Jobs Nationwide

irev210

Half of the cuts are coming out of Texas.

I suppose it makes sense given the additional headcount they got from Clearwire (it was previously disclosed that some consolidation would occur).

Regardless, it's never any fun and I hope anyone that is effected by this on S4GRU can transition to another roll at Sprint or another position quickly.

Half of the cuts are coming out of Texas.

I suppose it makes sense given the additional headcount they got from Clearwire (it was previously disclosed that some consolidation would occur).

Regardless, it's never any fun and I hope anyone that is effected by this on S4GRU can transition to another roll at Sprint or another position quickly.

Major bummer.  :(

Robert

Sadly, with Sprint continuing to bleed subs we may have more of this blood-letting

before the NEW Sprint has a chance to strut it's stuff; when you get behind the curve in

technology it's very,very hard to keep market share; the landscape is littered with corpses:

CDC, DEC Vax,Univac,the inital Apple (prior to iPod/iPhone), SGI,Sun Micro...these are just

a few I can remember...Sprint can do what Apple did but someone with deep pockets has

to have a vision that extends beyond a year or two

• Like 1

Dang that sucks and I feel we will continue to hear bad news until next year.

Sometimes you need to breakdown to have all the pieces you need to build yourself again.

Things will get better for sprint in the long term. Ready for triband!!!

Did they have to make the number 800?  Couldn't they do 799 or 801?  Everytime I see this headline today I think it has something to do with the SMR band...

/Seriously though sucks for the employees and also sucks for the consumer -- you do not improve your customer service by eliminating a part of the front line.

• Like 1

Is this number on top of the layoffs from the US Cellular purchase? There were over 600 laid off in Chicago alone.

Sprint didn't buy usc employees or stores so Sprint didnt lay off this people technically.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4

• Like 1