Netmonitor and sprint NV towers.

Rukin1

I've been using the netmonitor app to see what towers I connect to. it's literally 100% accurate.. I'm wondering is it accurate for you?

The tower it says I connect to, is exactly where it is located.

Mostly, at least with Sprint, the coordinates shown are different than the actual tower. Depending on what sector you are connected to, the coordinates will display at some point in the general direction of coverage, anywhere from a few hundred feet to a few miles, perhaps, from the physical tower. Maybe NV is changing this and all sectors will report the physical tower location now?

I've been using the netmonitor app to see what towers I connect to. it's literally 100% accurate.. I'm wondering is it accurate for you?

The tower it says I connect to, is exactly where it is located.

The Ft Wayne market, like Chicago, broadcasts exact tower locations, the same for all 3 sectors. Others, Milwaukee for instance, broadcast offset locations per sector.

Note that even when accurate, NetMonitor only shows which 1x site you are connected to.  Not the 3G EVDO or LTE site.

Robert

• Like 1

sure it does click the address of the 1x site and it brings it up on google maps

I use both but I make sure I run Netmonitor since I can add notes to the logs like Sprint site ID and what not. Also, the sectors remain plotted on the map so I can go back and identify actual sector/site location after traveling. Once SignalCheck Pro can do something similar then I'll switch solely over to Mike's program. I do like the thorough signal data SCP provides.

I use both but I make sure I run Netmonitor since I can add notes to the logs like Sprint site ID and what not. Also, the sectors remain plotted on the map so I can go back and identify actual sector/site location after traveling. Once SignalCheck Pro can do something similar then I'll switch solely over to Mike's program. I do like the thorough signal data SCP provides.

I use both too.. however what irritates me about netmonitor and i had this problem before but for some reason.. and ive been in touch with the developer..but for some reason, as i map and log the sites.  the addresses shown are someplace in china, its right on the map.. but the address logged says its in china.. which makes it difficult to go to a list and say ok lets take a look at this one and this one. i have to litterally look at the map and then pick site to to site...

it was like that for a while, then an update fixed it, and the last two updates ive been having that problem.. again... 

Not like netmonitor does. Maybe the developer of that app should add that :)

I think what you mean is that it doesnt log each site so you can reference each tower in reference to your location?? 

but it does show each tower on a map :D yes i know semantics lol i can be annoying like that lol

I think what you mean is that it doesnt log each site so you can reference each tower in reference to your location?? 

but it does show each tower on a map :D yes i know semantics lol i can be annoying like that lol

Have a tab on the app where it shows where you are and the tower is and shows you're connected to it :)

Have a tab on the app where it shows where you are and the tower is and shows you're connected to it :)

it has that lol

where it s says BSL: and the address 

click the address...

that will bring a google map... blue dot is your location  red dot tower location (you can then do all the google map things your used to like directions too etc

to be fair i didnt know thats what it did for a while lol i found it by accident

• Like 2