Because you're all much smarter than I am... (network related)

We manage a decent sized account in Buffalo, NY that has been having voice/data issues since before the upgrades began. 

Recently one of the engineers stated that a "back haul circuit" was needed to resolve the issue. 

I do product knowledge (play with phone features) and have zero knowledge of advanced network stuffs. Anyone know what he is talking about? Is this an actual device/system?

Backhaul is the physical network (Internet) connection which connects the cell sites to the Sprint network to carry all the traffic. The more the backhaul, the faster the connections. 

Backhaul is the physical network (Internet) connection which connects the cell sites to the Sprint network to carry all the traffic. The more the backhaul, the faster the connections. 

Traditionally backhaul brings information from the swith to the tower, right? 

Seems this gentlemen is inferring that they can bring the service directly into the area where the offices are.

Traditionally backhaul brings information from the swith to the tower, right? 

Seems this gentlemen is inferring that they can bring the service directly into the area where the offices are.

They can do that as well. There are offices which have Sprint CNS (Custom Network Solutions) installations, so the employees all get optimal service. Is the customer located in a particular area or just a building?

Recently one of the engineers stated that a "back haul circuit" was needed to resolve the issue. 

Backhaul can be an issue, but a "hollaback" might make you forget all of those problems...

:P

AJ

Backhaul can be an issue, but a "hollaback" might make you forget all of those problems...

:P

AJ

I ain't no Holla back girl.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

The issue is with the in-building coverage. 

In my head I see a truck backing up to the office with a giant Airave on it... 

Ah, so it depends on the install they have/want.

The issue is with the in-building coverage. 

In my head I see a truck backing up to the office with a giant Airave on it... 

Here is a nice video from Chad Townes, with AT&T's Distributed Antenna Solution Group.  Talks about the neutral host system that was installed at the Superdome.  Hopefully it helps with your understanding of the solution.

Wes

We manage a decent sized account in Buffalo, NY that has been having voice/data issues since before the upgrades began. 

I do product knowledge (play with phone features) and have zero knowledge of advanced network stuffs. Anyone know what he is talking about? Is this an actual device/system?

just curious where in buffalo!!?