Text to Landline $$$

Colokeb

Disable? Just don't text a landline.

How are you supposed to know? ...

Example, when looking to buy on Craigslist I always text the number on the ad to inquire etc. Sometimes I find myself texting landlines.

There isn't an additional cost to text a landline.

I was just going to say that too. I never knew of any charge for this.  I know the voicemail charges for the voice to text, if that is what he means?

How are you supposed to know? ...

Example, when looking to buy on Craigslist I always text the number on the ad to inquire etc. Sometimes I find myself texting landlines.

Unless the ad says to specifically call or text for inquiries on the item why would you text the person?  i could see maybe if you were phone shy?  But...if you insist on texting from your end, then I gues you will need to take the time to run the number through one of the websites that show who the owner of the number is.

• Like 1

True story. The app Flixster has a deal where you get free movies added to your ultraviolet account if you spam/text a certain number of people about the deal. I chose businesses in my address book such as the pizza place, my dentist, doctor, etc. I thought I was being slick.

After hitting send I remembered text to landline. lol 

Oops. :-)

(If I could turn it off, I would too)