Network Vision/LTE - Winston/Salem Market (including Greensboro)

S4GRU

I believe one of the towers that covers Oak Ridge is active. Got LTE on 150 starting in Summerfield and continuing past 68. I believe it is the tower off 150 and Bunch Road. I also see some new activity downtown. East of Elm Street, South of Market Street on Freeman Mill Road.

Yeah, I was out near northwest school road and bunch and was getting lte also.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Drove down Battleground from New Garden to see where LTE may kick in. LTE started around Westridge and stayed on till just before downtown. Looking at Sensorly I think the active tower is near Battleground and Cone BLVD.

You nailed it, one tower is directly behind Herbies on Battleground, the other is right of Westover Terrace behind the fire station, both are lit with LTE now. Nice to see the ruu heads on those towers. :) There's another Sprint tower near the water treatment plant on battleground near downtown.. when that comes online with lte it will fill in that small gap nicely between the Westover Terrace tower and the one downtown on the gov building on elm. From what I hear gso should be finished up soon with the 1900mhz lte updates. Then of course 800mhz voice and lte still be coming, and the 2.5ghz Spark stuffs.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

When there is LTE out there I can smell it. 

I changed your name above your avatar to the LTE Hunter.  :tu:

Robert

• Like 4

When there is LTE out there I can smell it.

I changed your name above your avatar to the LTE Hunter.   :tu:

He even looks a bit like Lieutenant Colonel Kilgore.

"I love the smell of LTE in the morning..."

AJ

The tower at Battleground and HorsePen Creek went live today.  Gotten 15 down, 8 up.  This, plus the tower near Herbie's fills the northern part of Battleground.  I also get LTE at work, near Cone and Church, presumably from the tower just north of there on Church, which has been live for about 2 weeks now.  Faster speeds there- 22 Down, 12 up.  The only other gap I see is the Cone/Lawndale area which drops into 3g.  Not sure if it's because it can't get signal as far north as the Herbie's tower and the further south tower, or they're just not tuned quite right.

Also looking on Sensorly I see that there is a new signal on 421 where it crosses Woody Mill.  Someone was asking about that area a month or so ago.  I bet they are celebrating tonight!!!  Looking at all the towers turned on in the past 2 weeks Greensboro has taken the lead away from Highpoint in being close to completion.

About darn time they got LTE near the Sprint store. SMH...

Sent from my HTC One Max using Tapatalk

For a market that started so late in Network Vision, the deployment in this market has gone quickly. It's farther along than some markets that started a year earlier.

Robert via Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

For a market that started so late in Network Vision, the deployment in this market has gone quickly. It's farther along than some markets that started a year earlier.

Robert via Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I was going to say the same thing last night! lte @ 1900 mhz will be wrapped up soon in this market which is pretty amazing considering when it started.

Band 41 (Spark) seems to be back on around the High Point rd area in Greensboro. It's been off for a couple weeks.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I went down 421 to 62 today and had LTE the whole way.  Came back Alamance Church Road and it was in and out.  So it is possible that 421 has LTE all the way to Liberty.  Where I got off at 62 is just above the signals mapped a month or so ago.

I went down 421 to 62 today and had LTE the whole way.  Came back Alamance Church Road and it was in and out.  So it is possible that 421 has LTE all the way to Liberty.  Where I got off at 62 is just above the signals mapped a month or so ago.

This is near to my home area. I go through this area frequently. Liberty does have some LTE on 421 (and of course in town.) It's pretty steady but seems that it hasn't been optimized yet as I have it somedays in some areas and on other days the same areas are terrible 3g. The area around Forest Oaks/Southeast High School is seeing better 3G speeds but I often don't have any LTE there until I get closer to Greensboro. Southeast School road is pretty horrible for the most part. I will say it is improving though.

Asheboro seems to be in flux. There has been LTE for months but it's up and down. Going up 220/73-74 towards Greensboro I see LTE from N. Asheboro towards Randleman. I74 going towards High Point is not very good yet and drops to 3G. 

The Ramseur area has some LTE service. 3G speeds have improved but there needs to be a LOT more work for it to be useable on either front. Between Asheboro-Ramseur-Siler City things are quite patchy. I hope this area improves quickly as I need good service on this 64 corridor for work.

Hope that helps a bit.

Looking on Sensorly I see a new tower where Battleground crosses Old Battleground Ave.  That helps reach almost all the way into Summerfield.  It looks like it is getting the bottom of Summerfield.  The Shopping Center at Battleground and Brassfield is where the signal would fade out but now it is good and strong.  You can go down Cone from Battleground to Church Street now.  Sedalia was an area with real bad coverage but now I see that one of the towers there is nearing completion.  That will help that area a lot. 

This could all be in my head but it seems as if phones switch to LTE slower on Sprint than other networks.  I also have Verizon.  Despite that pretty map they don't have LTE every where but even when I am on a 3G signal as it switches to LTE it does it quick without any interruption.  My Sprint phone switches very slowly to LTE and often when it does switch there is no data available at all.  This could be 5 seconds or 30.  Many times I will drive thru and area with LTE and be almost at the end of the range of that antenna before it switches.  Does anyone know why?

This could all be in my head but it seems as if phones switch to LTE slower on Sprint than other networks.  I also have Verizon.  Despite that pretty map they don't have LTE every where but even when I am on a 3G signal as it switches to LTE it does it quick without any interruption.  My Sprint phone switches very slowly to LTE and often when it does switch there is no data available at all.  This could be 5 seconds or 30.  Many times I will drive thru and area with LTE and be almost at the end of the range of that antenna before it switches.  Does anyone know why?

I've found the same thing with a droid phone and an iPhone. I cannot explain it. Sometimes I see that it hangs on to 3G for half a trip. Stop for a moment, go back in the other direction and boom.. LTE on the same road not 30 seconds later. 

I've found the same thing with a droid phone and an iPhone. I cannot explain it. Sometimes I see that it hangs on to 3G for half a trip. Stop for a moment, go back in the other direction and boom.. LTE on the same road not 30 seconds later. 

Has to do with the device scan time. Some devices have a shorter scan cycle, so they will appear to switch over faster, others have a much longer scan cycle (iPhone and Samsung devices tend to have longer cycles) so they will take longer to switch over on their own (depending on where you were in the cycle when you entered LTE coverage).

If you need LTE right away, a quick airplane mode toggle will fix that. 

• Like 2

Now getting LTE in high point near north main and 311! Getting 10-11mbps inside my house. So excited.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

I see at least two towers working now.  One at 68 and Main street in High Point.  The other on 68 and Ward.  I believe it is the tower right behind the Wendys.  Sensorly is updating so if you zoom in you can see it or just wait and it will be added.

• 2 weeks later...