Network Vision/LTE - Winston/Salem Market (including Greensboro)

S4GRU

I haven't been back in that area since i mapped it.  I'll check it out and let you know.  They may have adjusted them because the site that's gonna serve that area isn't accepted yet.  

I mapped a little more...didn't look to see where the tower was before hand.  Yeah one day soon....today Kernersville and tomorrow they'd be in Midway!  I gave up trying to guess where they would visit next lol.

• Like 1

Has anyone been on Market in the area of Spring Garden lately? I'm not picking up any 4G there or on Friendly over the last week. Was on 311 between E Greene and 68 yesterday and nothing! Starting to think there is something wrong with my phone. Running the updated Sensorly app but only picking up 2-3G & Wi-fi no 4G samples at all!

Edited by JJH

Unfortunately the cell sites are not fully functional so they are not on all the time.  Also if you are not still you may drive thru the range of the tower before your phone switches.  The new tower on Johnson street was on yesterday but not today.  I wish I could tell you why.  Just be encouraged that there is progress being made and hopefully soon you will see reliable 4G service everywhere.

Does anybody know if one of the 14 test towers is going to be in/around Forest Oaks or Southeast Guilford High school because in June I mapped from Rock Creek Dairy Road all the way to Southeast School Road and found a tiny spot of 4g on Blakeshire Road.

It is possible that the tower on Nancy Jean Road is the reason for that single spot.  I don't know which tower will be for your area.  Right now I think there are 8 towers working in Guilford County.  More will come online soon but I don't know where the next one will be.  Now that the merger with Clear wire is done there are plenty of towers to be done.  Sprint is now all the towers of Sprint, Nextel, Clear wire and towers owned by independent companies.  There is a lot to be upgraded so hopefully we are about to be surprised. 

I'm very curious (and hopeful) about these upgrades.  We recently moved into a home near Eastchester and the 311 and we are getting terrible reception at home.  Sprint sent us an Airave that helps, but I'm really curious to see the impact of these upgrades. Come on Sprint!

There is a tower between Main street and Johnson street near 68.  I don't have any idea when it is scheduled to be upgraded.  There are supposed to be some towers that have been upgraded but are not transmitting.  I don't know why that would be but life is never simple.

Just be patient guys...A lot of towers have been upgraded but not transmitting.  Sprint will probably flip the switch when they announce our market.

Good Morning. Glad to find this site. Very good info. I have a question. My wife has a GS3 and has been getting spotty 4g all over W-S. For instance last night we were at Polo and University (6m down/ 1m up) Then traveled over to Reynolda and then all the way up Reynolda to our house in Pfafftown. She had 4g the whole time until we got to the other side of Shattalon. My question is why didn't my LG Optimus G show 4g? I have never been able to get solid 4g service with this device. I travelled to Charlotte a few weeks ago and only saw 4g for a few minutes then it was 3g the rest of the day. But my wife's GS3 had 4g the entire time. I would assume this is a device issue but I have sent this LG back for repair 3 times to LG for a different reason and would hope this was tested. Any ideas???? Is there any way to test the 4g radio? Thanks for the time!

I'm very curious (and hopeful) about these upgrades.  We recently moved into a home near Eastchester and the 311 and we are getting terrible reception at home.  Sprint sent us an Airave that helps, but I'm really curious to see the impact of these upgrades. Come on Sprint!

http://www.sensorly.com/map/4G/US/USA/Sprint/lte_310sprint

They're rolling in within 6 month. Be patient.

I guess we should hope to soon see phones with the 2.5Ghz that supported the old WiMax network. That will be the new TD-LTE network that should move Sprint to the top of the Data Bandwith Hill.

http://www.sensorly.com/map/4G/US/USA/Sprint/lte_310sprint

Here is LTE network coverage now.

They're currently testing .. I've got some good signal off the Sheetz @ W.Market ST. getting 20 mbps  dl and 6 mbps upload.

Yay. They said they're rolling in LTE within 6 month in Greensboro. 

Good Morning. Glad to find this site. Very good info. I have a question. My wife has a GS3 and has been getting spotty 4g all over W-S. For instance last night we were at Polo and University (6m down/ 1m up) Then traveled over to Reynolda and then all the way up Reynolda to our house in Pfafftown. She had 4g the whole time until we got to the other side of Shattalon. My question is why didn't my LG Optimus G show 4g? I have never been able to get solid 4g service with this device. I travelled to Charlotte a few weeks ago and only saw 4g for a few minutes then it was 3g the rest of the day. But my wife's GS3 had 4g the entire time. I would assume this is a device issue but I have sent this LG back for repair 3 times to LG for a different reason and would hope this was tested. Any ideas???? Is there any way to test the 4g radio? Thanks for the time!

Optimus G is LTE and GS3 might not be LTE but using WiMax. WiMax 4g and 4g LTE is different. Check your GS3 and see if it's LTE version or 3g/wimax version.

Optimus G is LTE and GS3 might not be LTE but using WiMax. WiMax 4g and 4g LTE is different. Check your GS3 and see if it's LTE version or 3g/wimax version.

Thanks for the reply. I don't think I have ever seen a WiMax S3. All the specs I can find all say 1900mhz LTE for the S3. I will definitely open the degug menu tonight just to make sure. I can't rule out bad hardware with this LG Optimus G. I have had it for 8 months and 3 of those it was at LG being repaired. 

Samsung GS3 is LTE.  There have not been any WiMax phones available in at least a year.  Sprint allowed everyone with a WiMax device to upgrade or leave last year.  None of Sprints phones have 2.5Ghz as of yet.  We will have to wait and see if the Samsung GS5 does.  Rumor is its delivery date is being moved up since Apple releaced the 5S.  As I drove thru High Point today I noticed that many areas had no bars or data.  They were most likely working on towers today.  Many of the locations I know to have strong 3G service but none today.

New tower turned on besides 311 between Kivett Drive and Greendboro Road. In High Point.  So it liiks like 1 tower is being turned on every 2 to 3 weeks in Guilford County.

Edited by map0824