Network Vision/LTE - Dakotas Market (including Fargo, Grand Forks, Alexandria MN)

mozamcrew

Yeah I've been connecting to more 1x800 the last couple of days. Changes the sound quality for sure. I think the note 2 still has its 1x800 support closed via prl though. Something's going on though for sure. Also been some data issues for myself. The other day my local tower was broadcasting evdo and 1x800 only, all three devices of mine connected to them. Maybe just more backhaul and LTE site acceptance but idk for sure. Guess now that's its finally above zero degrees they are back to work :). Cant wait to see band 26 show up in town.

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure what's going on in GF today, but i had to switch to cdma only mode to get any 3g at all. When I had it set to LTE/cdma, signal check said i was connected to ehrpd, but there was no data at all.

Found a bunch of 1x800 yesterday however though. And started seeing much higher 3g speeds off my local tower during peak congestion times, feels like backhaul is installed. Must be working again in our area, hopefully.

• 2 weeks later...

Good news, bumped into an Ericsson employee yesterday. They are back in town doing work again :) Also he hinted at plans for new towers, not just a wrap up of NV but actual expansion. Don't know how much more I should say.

:)

Lmao just checking if anyones paying attention. Ill say this we talked about western dakota, 150 new towers, and he was a sr construction project manager.

So maybe this new rack being installed here on an AT&T site in Rapid City might be Sprint???

Robert via Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Lmao just checking if anyones paying attention. Ill say this we talked about western dakota, 150 new towers, and he was a sr construction project manager.

So maybe this new rack being installed here on an AT&T site in Rapid City might be Sprint???

Wuh Roh! Someone's excited!

• Like 1

Native Sprint service for the oil field workers.  :unsure:

• Like 1

Wuh Roh! Someone's excited!

Can you imagine how much I would Lord over you if Rapid City got Network Vision before Sacto?

• Like 2

Can you imagine how much I would Lord over you if Rapid City got Network Vision before Sacto?

:censored:

• Like 1

He complained about the trip up i29 from sioux to fargo, said "were going to fix that" Apparently work extends past Grand Forks, And a steady stream down 94. Towns mentioned included the oil patch areas, as well as minot even. Apparently hwy 2 wont see love though.

Edited by ZDuncanZ

Oh and not that he implied thier installation but we talked about the new nsn panels and how promising they are.

Considering the Dakotas is all Samsung territory NSN and Ericsson have no authority there. I wonder what type of antenna NSN is using for B41 hmm...

Well I got his business card sitting here. Im also assuming he's less network side and more construction of towers.

Might wanna ask him if NSN is using their special 2 sector antennas for their B41 deployment.