Network Vision/LTE - Dakotas Market (including Fargo, Grand Forks, Alexandria MN)

mozamcrew

I saw an Ericsson truck at the West Fargo Main Ave tower the other day. I thought Samsung was doing the NV upgrades in this market....then again the equipment in the pic I posted also looks closer to Ericsson vs Samsung. Would they be working on legacy equipment along side NV upgrades?

Edit: I guess it looks like it could be the narrow beam Samsung antennas....also now that I think about it I saw the Ericsson truck last week before the 800MHz went live in WF...

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4

I saw an Ericsson truck at the West Fargo Main Ave tower the other day. I thought Samsung was doing the NV upgrades in this market....then again the equipment in the pic I posted also looks closer to Ericsson vs Samsung. Would they be working on legacy equipment along side NV upgrades?

Ericsson handles legacy maintenance as well as inspection of NV equipment.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4

The main ave site in West Fargo is having some serious issues..... Ericsson was there in response to that. some random issues around town but data on 3g has improved greatly. It will only get better. 4g is close

The main ave site in West Fargo is having some serious issues..... Ericsson was there in response to that. some random issues around town but data on 3g has improved greatly. It will only get better. 4g is close

Things definitely have improved from where they were a few weeks ago. Here is standing outside of work 10-15 minutes ago

I would be lucky to top out at 50 kbps downstream and upstream... forget about it.

At home its even better, hitting 2 mbps pretty consistently now.

post-22526-0-42104900-1378424267_thumb.png

post-22526-0-29311500-1378424276_thumb.png

The main ave site in West Fargo is having some serious issues..... Ericsson was there in response to that. some random issues around town but data on 3g has improved greatly. It will only get better. 4g is close

Working in West Fargo, have noticed the issues. I still have problems at home since the tower on South University doesn't seem to be live with 800MHz and my phone locks onto the tower down on 32nd...I live near 60th Ave & Univ so the signal isn't very strong. Needless to say, I haven't had the opportunity to appreciate any improvements yet. Data speeds seem to have remained under 500k since all this started.

Hopefully the South Univ tower gets upgraded to 800 and WF gets squared away soon...then bring on the LTE & I'll be happy as a clam...ok bring on the LTE anytime. ;)

So it looks like the Fargo area is pretty much 3G complete, any inside skinny on when LTE will be turned on? Are they waiting on Centurylink for the backhaul?

I was going to post this earlier but got tied up...I saw a Century Link truck working on the tower on 17th Ave & 38th St. (Near Savers)... I hope that is a good sign.

Also the 3G speed I get at home is still less than 50kbps. So either the tower near me is being neglected (no 800MHz either) or there is still 3G/voice work being done. I'm praying for the latter.

I was going to post this earlier but got tied up...I saw a Century Link truck working on the tower on 17th Ave & 38th St. (Near Savers)... I hope that is a good sign.

Also the 3G speed I get at home is still less than 50kbps. So either the tower near me is being neglected (no 800MHz either) or there is still 3G/voice work being done. I'm praying for the latter.

My guess is that NV voice and 3G are still on the old backhaul so we won't be seeing much in the way of speed increases until the backhaul is installed and LTE begins to light up.

My guess is that NV voice and 3G are still on the old backhaul so we won't be seeing much in the way of speed increases until the backhaul is installed and LTE begins to light up.

I'm just curious why my speeds are much worse now than they were before the closest tower was "complete"

Anyone with an AT&T LTE Phone?

http://www.att.com/gen/press-room?pid=24799&cdvn=news&newsarticleid=36996&mapcode=consumer|mk-att-wireless-networks

AT&T threw the switch in Fargo today (19SEP13)... only after having it announced a little less than a month ago (21AUG13) http://www.att.com/gen/press-room?pid=24723&cdvn=news&newsarticleid=36923

It'd be interesting for a comparison to see what people are getting on AT&T's LTE up here now compared to when Sprint finally launches LTE here. 

Anyone with an AT&T LTE Phone?

http://www.att.com/gen/press-room?pid=24799&cdvn=news&newsarticleid=36996&mapcode=consumer|mk-att-wireless-networks

AT&T threw the switch in Fargo today (19SEP13)... only after having it announced a little less than a month ago (21AUG13) http://www.att.com/gen/press-room?pid=24723&cdvn=news&newsarticleid=36923

It'd be interesting for a comparison to see what people are getting on AT&T's LTE up here now compared to when Sprint finally launches LTE here.

SMH. I left AT&T for Sprint in May because I thought Sprint would get LTE up quicker.

PS. I saw your post on Android Central. I'm with you on VZW.

So... On my way to the Vikings game and we just hit St. Cloud and I got some of that 4G stuff they talk about.Mind.Blown.

On your way back would you mind bringing some of that with you? :)

• Like 1

So... On my way to the Vikings game and we just hit St. Cloud and I got some of that 4G stuff they talk about.

Mind.

Blown.

That's good to see. When I was in Chicago, I averaged between 3-5Mbps which still seemed quick.

I want to thank you all for following and posting Sprint's 4G progress in Fargo. I've been lurking here since June and waiting for Sprint to throw the switch on 4G before buying a 4G capable phone. It's actually embarrassing how long I have put off this purchase.

Has anyone else noticed the towers stopped broadcasting on 800?

I would like to know the same thing.  After two long years, my iPhone 4S finally become somewhat usable during the day at work on 13th Ave South the last few weeks when speeds would approach .8Mbps - 1Mbps.  Starting Monday the 23rd, it hit rock bottom with speeds in the range of .0Mbps - .06Mbps.  What is going on?

I would like to know the same thing.  After two long years, my iPhone 4S finally become somewhat usable during the day at work on 13th Ave South the last few weeks when speeds would approach .8Mbps - 1Mbps.  Starting Monday the 23rd, it hit rock bottom with speeds in the range of .0Mbps - .06Mbps.  What is going on?

Broadcasting on 800MHz isn't going to effect your speeds at all. 

Looks like there is work happening at the tower near Rothsay, MN. Right next to the interstate. I've driven by a couple times the last few days and there are trucks and equipment in area around the tower.

Now if we could just get some new fiber bachauls installed on these towers before the snow stays and the ground starts to freeze. Which may be difficult since it sounds like snow is coming Saturday.

After experiencing 4G (LTE, not WiMAX) last weekend my appetite has only increased. I don't know if I can wait through winter HaHa.