Wimax Speeds

joshnys8913

This is my averages (as seen below in the pics) the lowest I have ever gotten is 9mps dowload and the lowest ive gotten for upload is 1.50mps up. The highest download ive gotten once is 13.98 down and 1.85up. The cloest server to me is Rochester ny (about 30miles away) and Syracue server sometimes reads better and that is the second cloest to me (about 70miles away.Screenshots_Screenshot_2013-04-07-19-54-28.pngScreenshots_Screenshot_2013-03-27-13-37-27.png

Edited by joshnys8913
  • Like 1

This is my averages (as seen below in the pics) the lowest I have ever gotten is 9mps dowload and the lowest ive gotten for upload is 1.50mps up. The highest download ive gotten once is 13.98 down and 1.85up. The cloest server to me is Rochester ny (about 30miles away) and Syracue server sometimes reads better and that is the second cloest to me (about 70miles away.Screenshots_Screenshot_2013-04-07-19-54-28.pngScreenshots_Screenshot_2013-03-27-13-37-27.png

You are a lucky guy. To have fast WiMax like that for the whole time you've been with Sprint must be amazing!

EDIT: Welcome to S4GRU!

Welcome Teh S4GRU :D.

And damn you're connected to a tower 30+ miles away getting those speeds?!?!?!?

He's 30 miles from the speed test server, not the tower.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

Yes right on! I don't think I've heard many people getting constant speeds like I do that high, but hey I could be wrong.

I'm thinking I wish WIMAX was here in Fort Wayne lol.

Thats good for a big city like Atlanta! I am NOT bragging about how great my speeds I am getting but at least they are CONSISTANT. Its a decent alternative for when Iam out and about and not near wifi.

Its because people are getting lte phones and bandwidth is opening up! if i go to an area that has it i get 12-14 down and almost 2 up.

I'm thinking I wish WIMAX was here in Fort Wayne lol.

WiMAX is in Fort Wayne. Clear operates three license protection sites.

See for yourself...

http://www.clear.com/coverage

AJ

WiMAX is in Fort Wayne. Clear operates three license protection sites.

See for yourself...

http://www.clear.com/coverage

AJ

I'm actually lucky, myself. Clearwire has a license protection site deployed no less than 2 miles from where I live. Also, Sprint users are forbidden from accessing it. Using CLEAR 4G service with it (which was a challenge to get, since they wouldn't sell to me normally), I get some decent speeds.

2085622629.png

• Like 1

I'm actually lucky, myself. Clearwire has a license protection site deployed no less than 2 miles from where I live. Also, Sprint users are forbidden from accessing it. Using CLEAR 4G service with it (which was a challenge to get, since they wouldn't sell to me normally), I get some decent speeds.

2085622629.png

I've had a few WiMax Protection Sites that I could not authenticate with and get a data connection. I've always wondered if Clearwire users would have had the same problem, or if it was a network authentication issue that some sites were not configured correctly.

Also, with the OG EVO and Epic 4G, you could not connect to a Protection Site while the device was roaming. Originally, it was set up with WiMax that some part of the authentication cycle on Sprint devices used the Sprint network. No 1x Sprint connection, meant no WiMax connection. It was OK to lose Sprint native coverage after connecting, but if you weren't connected to the Sprint network when trying to acquire a WiMax connection, then you could forget it.

Later WiMax devices like the EVO 3D and Motorola Photon did not have this issue. And I believe the OG EVO and Epic were fixed in a later OTA that allowed them to connect to WiMax regardless of any other connection.

Robert

• Like 1

I've had a few WiMax Protection Sites that I could not authenticate with and get a data connection. I've always wondered if Clearwire users would have had the same problem, or if it was a network authentication issue that some sites were not configured correctly.

Also, with the OG EVO and Epic 4G, you could not connect to a Protection Site while the device was roaming. Originally, it was set up with WiMax that some part of the authentication cycle on Sprint devices used the Sprint network. No 1x Sprint connection, meant no WiMax connection. It was OK to lose Sprint native coverage after connecting, but if you weren't connected to the Sprint network when trying to acquire a WiMax connection, then you could forget it.

Later WiMax devices like the EVO 3D and Motorola Photon did not have this issue. And I believe the OG EVO and Epic were fixed in a later OTA that allowed them to connect to WiMax regardless of any other connection.

Robert

I've verified with the Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch and the Motorola Photon. Clearwire is actively blocking Sprint connections to the Clearwire protection site here. I was never sure if that was intentional or not, but I benefited from it quite nicely (I ran a server through a CLEAR Stick Atlas for months, since I was literally the only user who could access the site).

• Like 4