Why are there no Sprint phones that support future LTE bands?

Currently, WiMax will remain in operation until at least December 31, 2014. It may remain online even longer than that. Sprint will want to decommission the redundant Clearwire sites that are wasting money and move over to nearby Network Vision sites. However, I can't imagine them moving WiMax to a NV site for a short period. They will probably decommission WiMax with the site.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

Currently, WiMax will remain in operation until at least December 31, 2014. It may remain online even longer than that. Sprint will want to decommission the redundant Clearwire sites that are wasting money and move over to nearby Network Vision sites. However, I can't imagine them moving WiMax to a NV site for a short period. They will probably decommission WiMax with the site.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

For protection sites, wouldn't Sprint need to deploy BRS on one of it's towers to ensure the license is covered?

For protection sites, wouldn't Sprint need to deploy BRS on one of it's towers to ensure the license is covered?

Protection sites are a whole 'nother animal. They will need to remain intact, but don't necessarily need to be WiMax. They can be any technology that their customers possess. Even Expedience.

Sprint has native NV sites in about 85% of Protection Site locations. Sprint could even move Protection Sites to an NV site in those instances.

In my opinion, in the Non Sprint coverage areas that have a Clearwire protection site, Sprint should just convert the site to full NV with all bands. Since they have to pay to run that site anyways, they might as well get full benefit and cut roaming in that area. Most of the overhead costs are already paid.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

• Like 1

Protection sites are a whole 'nother animal. They will need to remain intact, but don't necessarily need to be WiMax. They can be any technology that their customers possess. Even Expedience.

Sprint has native NV sites in about 85% of Protection Site locations. Sprint could even move Protection Sites to an NV site in those instances.

In my opinion, in the Non Sprint coverage areas that have a Clearwire protection site, Sprint should just convert the site to full NV with all bands. Since they have to pay to run that site anyways, they might as well get full benefit and cut roaming in that area. Most of the overhead costs are already paid.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

That was my thought process too, and I assumed that from the post that I quoted, but I wanted to make sure. Clear has 4 Protection sites in my area, I know that one is shared between Sprint and Clear (along with every other carrier in the game). However, the other three are on non-Sprint towers. I'd love to see the WiMax Protection sites shuttered and TD-LTE deployed on the closest Sprint Towers.

• Like 1