Phone now says "EvDo-rev. A" instead of eHRPD"

larryt510

Just noticed this change today although I haven't been checking in a while. For a long time my phone would show eHRPD for Mobile Network Type when connected to my home cell site. Now it's gone back to EvDo-rev. A on the same cell site. The cell site I'm connected to is not a NV site. Any idea what changed?

2013-04-17-16-11-41.jpg

Well, your IP address range, for one, has changed. And your data is no longer hitting the Internet at a 4G core.

AJ

This seems to flip flop alot when they are doing work in the area.

I had the same thing happen here in st louis, for a long time I was on ehrpd, then for a few days nothing I could do would move it off evdo.

Later, it just started going back to ehrpd on its own.

Well, your IP address range, for one, has changed. And your data is no longer hitting the Internet at a 4G core.

AJ

What does my IP address have to do with it and how do you know it has changed?

Yes. Members in my market have seen it several times. One sector of a site was like this for a while.

Sent from my little Note2

Do you know what causes this? I was connecting to this site for like two week then on Monday this started happening.

Do you know what causes this? I was connecting to this site for like two week then on Monday this started happening.

Could be a million things...lots of moving pieces in the network as new sites come online. Our cause was it was a brand new site.

What does my IP address have to do with it and how do you know it has changed?

Your I.P address is in correspondence to which cell tower your connected too. It's kind of like your homes address. example, if you live on 1888 Main st and you walk next store neighbors house on 1889 main st, it's like switching towers. One tower I.P address could be connection to rev-a and the other ehrpd. based on what I know that wouldnt make much sence though.

Edited by mr.phoneguy

Your I.P address is in correspondence to which cell tower your connected too. It's kind of like your homes address. example, if you live on 1888 Main st and you walk next store neighbors house on 1889 main st, it's like switching towers. One tower I.P address could be connection to rev-a and the other ehrpd. based on what I know that wouldnt make much sence though.

I live in an area where I only connect to one sector of one tower. So whether I'm in the house or a couple of houses down I'm always on the same sector. When I'm connected to wifi it shows an ip address. When I go back to the regular network (eHRPD) it shows the ip address as being 'disconnected'.

The whole purpose of my post was to find out why this one particular cell site sector went from showing eHRPD to EvDo-rev. A yesterday and now back to eHRPD. Any thoughts?

I live in an area where I only connect to one sector of one tower. So whether I'm in the house or a couple of houses down I'm always on the same sector. When I'm connected to wifi it shows an ip address. When I go back to the regular network (eHRPD) it shows the ip address as being 'disconnected'.

The whole purpose of my post was to find out why this one particular cell site sector went from showing eHRPD to EvDo-rev. A yesterday and now back to eHRPD. Any thoughts?

They may dissconect the 4g core (ehrpd) and re-connect the old 3g (rev-a) legacy hardware so they can work on the NV equipment? I'm no expert by any means, but thats the only thing that would make sence to me. I could be and prolly am wrong regarding that statment, but it seems like they are working on that tower none the less.

• Like 1

Looks like they are working on it. Today I noticed a data speed upgrade was just completed on it. Hopefully this is a sign that network vision equipment is coming soon.

I hope you get to experience NV as a whole very soon. Let unlimited lte data on Sprint be enjoyed by all!!