Full Bars with Sprint is now Full Bars Roaming

Ok sorry for the possibly confusing title, but the gist of it is I've had 5 or 6 bars of reception for over a year at my apartment. I was always on Sprint's network. For the past couple of days I'm still getting 5 or 6 bars but now I'm always roaming!

Any ideas about what could be going on?

What's weird is 4g works great, but 3g just isn't coming through or it'll come through here and there with 0-2 bars for a couple seconds.

Problem for me is I'm receiving late texts and seeing weird calling behavior. Hopefully it clears up soon.

I had this for about a month or so in a particular spot after Hurricane Sandy decimated the Sprint network here. Not the same issue I'm sure unless you had recent storm damage to your local tower. The good news though is 3G data speeds increased 5x or more after the tower was repaired. So I assume NV upgrades were done during repairs? Hopefully that's the same for you. The same area now has an LTE accepted NV tower but I have yet to pick up an LTE signals from it. I'll keep trying!

Kinda like me, I used to always have 3-5 bars in my house now I am lucky to get 1, I do get eHRPD in my house so I get over 2Mbps download and over 1Mbps upload speeds (on 1 bar mind you) but my phone is useless for the most part as I get delayed texts and can't make a single phone call. And on top of that my phone is constantly roaming as well, can't get a stable signal at all it's really pissing me off and my batterly life is shit as the signal is all over the place. I am hoping they are working on my local tower and that things will improve shortly, otherwise I am calling Sprint for an Airave.

Edited by BlueAngel

OP, you need to pick up the phone and call sprint. They will either be able to confirm the outage, or they will open a ticket. Make sure you are talking to network support/tech support and make sure that you get a ticket number. If you report the outage to them and they agree, they will credit your account for the days without service once service is restored. Sprint has been proactive to do this for customers experiencing outages.

I had the same thing happen for three days this week. Luckily Sprint has an service agreement (shows as Sprint native) with Carolina West Wireless with 3G data, so it didn't cause any impact.