Network Vision/LTE - Upper Central Valley Market (Sacramento, Stockton, Redding, Eureka & Reno/Lake Tahoe)

iwalkthrowwalls

Nope. Sprint is not upgraded. They have the old nortel antennas on the top. Second down is ATT with a RRUS11 for LTE. 3rd down is Clearwire wimax. 

Gonna try and get some more pics from a different angle tomorrow and try to see if there's anything named Sprint.

2 months ago they told me they were starting work on that tower when I first saw a boom lift and lte panels there

Gonna try and get some more pics from a different angle tomorrow and try to see if there's anything named Sprint.

2 months ago they told me they were starting work on that tower when I first saw a boom lift and lte panels there

There is no work done. The permit is approved for that tower but not issued. You can't work without an issued permit. 

Anyone know if the new Nexus 5 will support tri-band ?

I heard it'll be coming to Sprint along with the HTC One Max

Mapped a swath around the new tower at Mae Anne Ave, NW Reno.

Seems like all of the Walmarts are getting lte.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4

• Like 2

There is no work done. The permit is approved for that tower but not issued. You can't work without an issued permit. 

How long does it usually take for a permit to be issues after its been approved?

Thanks for that link

How long does it usually take for a permit to be issues after its been approved?

Thanks for that link

A few days or a few weeks. It's never a long wait after a permits approved as all a contractor needs to do is go to the department office to pick up forms and pay the fees. 

• Like 1

Nope. Sprint is not upgraded. They have the old nortel antennas on the top. Second down is ATT with a RRUS11 for LTE. 3rd down is Clearwire wimax. 

Definitely Spring Legacy 3G Panels on the top. 3rd Down I think could be TD-LTE Sprint/Clearwire? Is that a TD-LTE RRU? Watch the very top of this tower for work and that will be Sprint NV work....

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fve0mp9l6nm9fu7/Screenshot_2013-10-06-12-22-00.png

Damn good for 3G.  But I work pretty close to the tower so by the time the signal degrades in town its nothing to brag about.  I figure if we get 4G on this tower even with the signal degradation should still pull 3Mbps

A sprint rep (who was very inexperienced by the way) said that LTE was supposed to come this month but will be delayed to next year. I know sprint reps don't know jack jack shit but when they said thid month and delayed I got scared. Any word on this?

A sprint rep (who was very inexperienced by the way) said that LTE was supposed to come this month but will be delayed to next year. I know sprint reps don't know jack jack shit but when they said thid month and delayed I got scared. Any word on this?

That probably means for your entire area to be 100% complete, which means every tower active with NV 3G and LTE. Doesn't mean that some towers 1 by 1 won't start coming online between now and then.

That probably means for your entire area to be 100% complete, which means every tower active with NV 3G and LTE. Doesn't mean that some towers 1 by 1 won't start coming online between now and then.

Alrite and by "completion", is something like half-completed LTE practically usable? I mostly need LTE when I need to study out of my house, such as at school or what not. In the scenario can I stream youtube and send emails by November?

Alrite and by "completion", is something like half-completed LTE practically usable? I mostly need LTE when I need to study out of my house, such as at school or what not. In the scenario can I stream youtube and send emails by November?

If they just get the 1 tower that you are connecting to from your house done and LTE activated you probably won't care about the rest not being complete until next year...make sense?

Okay, recon done for the day. I got photos from the following locations:

3707 Schriever [Mather]

3443 Bradshaw

Sprint Center on Kilgore

. . . There was no visible work on any of the towers . . .

Hi folks, first time posting and I donated.

I work at 3707 Schriever Avenue in Mather. I looked at the tower behind our building and it still looks like techiegirl's photo from mid-july.

I am not a Sprint customer yet but considering becoming one, but only after the issues are worked out and there is reliable 4G LTE coverage near where I work and where I live (North Natomas). I have Verizon now and am on grandfathered unlimited data with a 3G device that is on its last legs.

Based on what I have been reading, it seems like a hellish experience datawise in this market due to a long delayed modernization and the growing pains that accompany that modernization unfolding now.

I was really interested in Galaxy Note 3, but I'm now wondering if that would be a wise choice after seeing the conversation about it not being tri-band. Thoughts?

Any guess as to when 4G might be coming to midtown Sacramento?

According to the information I've seen in this particular thread, the permit for the site near R and 15th was issued but no word on when it will be in progress. I've tired more than a couple times to find the equipment. I can't find it on google maps and I can't see anything when walking around out there. I have been hoping that we'll see a boom lift or whatever with some workers soon.

• Like 1

Hi folks, first time posting and I donated.

I work at 3707 Schriever Avenue in Mather. I looked at the tower behind our building and it still looks like techiegirl's photo from mid-july.

I am not a Sprint customer yet but considering becoming one, but only after the issues are worked out and there is reliable 4G LTE coverage near where I work and where I live (North Natomas). I have Verizon now and am on grandfathered unlimited data with a 3G device that is on its last legs.

Based on what I have been reading, it seems like a hellish experience datawise in this market due to a long delayed modernization and the growing pains that accompany that modernization unfolding now.

I was really interested in Galaxy Note 3, but I'm now wondering if that would be a wise choice after seeing the conversation about it not being tri-band. Thoughts?

I think that was determined to not be a Sprint tower. I believe it is T-Mobile. The Sprint tower is a few blocks from there, though. The sponsor map on the sponsor page will show you exactly where with a photo.

Welcome aboard the crazy train!  :)

According to the information I've seen in this particular thread, the permit for the site near R and 15th was issued but no word on when it will be in progress. I've tired more than a couple times to find the equipment. I can't find it on google maps and I can't see anything when walking around out there. I have been hoping that we'll see a boom lift or whatever with some workers soon.

I'm going to try to go over there sometime today and see what I see. I know where the equipment is, but can't say outside of the sponsor forums (TOS and all). But you can see the equipment on Google Maps. I'll PM you.

• Like 1

At this point I think I would be ecstatic if I could pull a consistent 2Mbps no matter what my location in the network.

For sure, I feel the same. I know that I keep saying it but all I want is to be able to listen to my Spotify when driving around.

Well, well, well...I have 4g at the antennas at this location. :-) I will post more details and photos/screenshots in the sponsor thread. Woo hoo!

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4

It might be from West Sac...don't get signal all over the location, just right by the cabinets. And the antennas are still Legacy 3G.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4

Coming from somewhere else then most likely....

That's what I was thinking. The signal wasn't horribly strong and I lost it when I walked about 15 feet back to my car. It's high enough to definitely come from either West Sac or the site that's further north on the other side of Capitol Park, since there has been some dark purple on Sensorly there, too.

• Like 1

October 8th, about 3 PM. .6Mbs down and .5mbs up. Gonna record everyday during October. If it doesn't hit this month I'm going to switch to AT&T, but for a company as large as Sprint, I fail to see why October won't be the launching period.

• Like 2

At this point I think I would be ecstatic if I could pull a consistent 2Mbps no matter what my location in the network.

I would be ecstatic with 30 mbps up and down no matter my location :)