Network Vision/LTE - Upper Central Valley Market (Sacramento, Stockton, Redding, Eureka & Reno/Lake Tahoe)

iwalkthrowwalls

At least were seeing progress after  pretty much a year of nothing going on.

More work done in the market in the past 3-4 months than the previous 9 before it and its only going to speed up now with more crews available to work and Sprint being the only one with any meaningful work for the next 3-4 months. 

Was chilling in Roseville up Eureka last night and the 3G was great for streaming Youtube for a few clips I wanted to show, then the phone found a 4G signal that must have been from another tower much farther away and the streaming ability fell on its face lol.

I guess this may be a good reason no to have spotty 4G here and there, especially when the 3G is NV and actually good now.

Finally receiving 4G lte in Stockton ... just east of West lane and alpine in the newer subdivision. That was the longest 3 months I have ever experienced.

If you go on the sponsor section There a couple of more towers I need help on mapping in Stockton with exact tower locations

Stockton 4G is up!... And it's gone is there a way to force the phone to stick to 4G?

Lte only mode. I wouldn't recommend it since only a handful of towers are live,

They're testing the one in French camp as I write this. I'm getting lte on my iPad mini. I expect this tower to go live this upcoming week if not this weekend.

• Like 1

Lte only mode. I wouldn't recommend it since only a handful of towers are live,

They're testing the one in French camp as I write this. I'm getting lte on my iPad mini. I expect this tower to go live this upcoming week if not this weekend.

Ah ok I see that now

Am i right to suspect Stockton was only cluster launched for 800 and thankfully a tower maybe two jumped to lte as "testing"? Or this lte cluster launch which will slowly trickle out to a solid network over the next few months?

Edited by mrcupofcoffee

Ah ok I see that now

Am i right to suspect Stockton was only cluster launched for 800 and thankfully a tower maybe two jumped to lte as "testing"? Or this lte cluster launch which will slowly trickle out to a solid network over the next few months?

NO. A cluster launch is a complete activation of all physical equipment for all related cdma technologies 1x or evdo. LTE trickles in as backhaul is available.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

NO. A cluster launch is a complete activation of all physical equipment for all related cdma technologies 1x or evdo. LTE trickles in as backhaul is available.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

So once an area gets cluster launched with LTE, are the speeds realized then the "best they will get?"

So once an area gets cluster launched with LTE, are the speeds realized then the "best they will get?"

Cluster launches are not correlated with LTE.  LTE sites can be brought up at any time. The same cannot be said for 1x800/evdo.  If they upgrade one of these sites without doing others in the area, you risk dropped calls.  This is why they cluster launch areas; you upgrade all of them at the same time so you don't run into that problem. 

Cluster launches are not correlated with LTE. LTE sites can be brought up at any time. The same cannot be said for 1x800/evdo. If they upgrade one of these sites without doing others in the area, you risk dropped calls. This is why they cluster launch areas; you upgrade all of them at the same time so you don't run into that problem.

Thanks for the explanation. I have had some dropped calls lately which are attributed to this, I'm sure. I've also had another issue too where it takes 30 seconds for the phone to place a call, meaning I hit the "call" button to place the call and it literally takes 30 seconds before the phone starts to ring. What could the issue be there, and it's not a busy tower/network issue??

Getting 2Mbit from Sierra College this morning on 3G... That is an improvement. Any word on any changes going on or is it just because Summer School classes are sort of out right now?

Any idea how long that'll take?

As long as it takes. 

Cool. I'll keep an eye open on their progress. I ended up having to drop sprint because I needed phone and data service but if they can get it together and have decent coverage, and still keep offering unlimited plans, then I'll come back.

Thanks for the explanation. I have had some dropped calls lately which are attributed to this, I'm sure. I've also had another issue too where it takes 30 seconds for the phone to place a call, meaning I hit the "call" button to place the call and it literally takes 30 seconds before the phone starts to ring. What could the issue be there, and it's not a busy tower/network issue??

Not sure about the length of time it takes to place a call, but keep in mind that the dropped call issue only has a chance of occurring when you go from an area that is cluster launched to an area that is not, or vice versa.  Any dropped calls besides that are just because the network sucks :/

Not sure about the length of time it takes to place a call, but keep in mind that the dropped call issue only has a chance of occurring when you go from an area that is cluster launched to an area that is not, or vice versa. Any dropped calls besides that are just because the network sucks :/

I have 1 or 2 areas that I know I'll always get a dropped call, I'm not concerned about that. The issue I mentioned above occurs in Elk Grove (cluster launched) and in parts of Sacramento (not cluster launched). I can't say this only occurs when I call to another carrier, it sometimes even happens to a landline.