Network Vision/LTE - Upper Central Valley Market (Sacramento, Stockton, Redding, Eureka & Reno/Lake Tahoe)

iwalkthrowwalls

Oh I thought Sprint was the only one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sprint was the first one. Now Tmo and ATT are doing them on most of their new installs. And VZW does them on Band 4 installs.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

About damn time they did that site. Now if the can do the dozen other sites that are not converted in this cluster...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Agreed! love to see the rest of downtown get finished up especially  capital mall. I sit on the one most of the day 

New Antennas and RRU's Spotted at 15th & R photos to follow later today. Glad to finally see some movement on sites that have been languishing for awhile now.

Pictures pictures pictures!

Pictures pictures pictures!

I could probably go down to that lot on a quick walk and get some on my phone. Then I wouldn't have to pay to get to the top. Hmmm....should I brave the heat and the riff-raffs at the RT station?

I could probably go down to that lot on a quick walk and get some on my phone. Then I wouldn't have to pay to get to the top. Hmmm....should I brave the heat and the riff-raffs at the RT station?

For King and Country!... err wait..

yeah yeah you should do it for the good of... uh... the map! yes. the map. 

For King and Country!... err wait..

yeah yeah you should do it for the good of... uh... the map! yes. the map. 

Hey, Fix 50 traffic disruption is done. I drove in early this morning (before 7:00 am) and it was clear all the way. 

Hey, Fix 50 traffic disruption is done. I drove in early this morning (before 7:00 am) and it was clear all the way. 

Heh... my friends says it's the best day ever..

WeVbYtL.jpg

• Like 2

Did some mapping today for the first time. I'm using a Note 2 SPH-L900 on the new KitKat OTA ROM on PRL 2019. I mapped several times last week but I was on CM11 4.4.3 with a wonky GPS and it wasn't reporting to the server.

Today everything went smooth on the Sprint ROM. The Del Paso, Elkhorn, and Schoolhouse Road towers are pumping out 35+Mbps at night. Today it was kinda slow, 28—29Mbps

usesu2u6.jpg

- -

NeRD

Ah there, learned how to upload multiple pics in one post. Sorry, technically a noob still.

Did a quick lap around the airport & back home while en route to pick up a pizza for son at the little Ceasars in South Natomas, where I live (^o^) A bit excited to get some mapping done? Hehehe.

Bottom two screenshots are at home on 3G, where I am a qtr mile from LTE coverage darnit!

e4uqenym.jpg

yzy7ebe3.jpg

a9e4a2u3.jpg

amy8uhu7.jpg

- -

NeRD

Ah there, learned how to upload multiple pics in one post. Sorry, technically a noob still.

Did a quick lap around the airport & back home while en route to pick up a pizza for son at the little Ceasars in South Natomas, where I live (^o^) A bit excited to get some mapping done? Hehehe.

Bottom two screenshots are at home on 3G, where I am a qtr mile from LTE coverage darnit!

- -

NeRD

You're on someone's airave. 

• Like 1

Yes, mine. Is that cheating? I was doing .30mbps before the KitKat & PRL updates last night. It's an improvement to us at home.

- -

NeRD

Yeah since that's connected to your home internet and not the network.

Either way nice mapping. Good to see more purple on the map. 

Also try not to run too many speed tests. God forbid everyone starts running speed tests and the network comes to a stand still. 

• Like 1

Ah. I was wondering why the app crashed while mapping. I ran the speed tests that often so everyone would get a sense of the quality of service. I'm going back out this evening to map several neighborhoods in North Natomas.

I do 60+Mbps in Roseville by Denios. I will return to thst area to map it now that I can map properly.

I PROMISE not to go gangbusters on the speed tests (=

- -

NeRD

Rocklin/Loomis.... One of these days.........

Also if anyone wants some Aerial Pics of certain towers, you could hit me up after next week. ;)

Hmm, I know these are fairly "generic" but just got a sprint text message that they're making updates in the area, directing to a sprint  website that says something to the effect of "updating a tower that you use most".   Are they actually target messaging users of specific towers, or is this just a broadcast to a general area?  Sitting on the outskirts of Rancho Cordova (which I believe lilotimz indicated they might be launching soon.  Kind of got my hopes up a bit.  :-)

They sent that to me a few month ago, still waiting. I wouldn't put any sort of timestamp on it but I'd say they think it will be better with 6 months... Yea.