Network Vision/LTE - Upper Central Valley Market (Sacramento, Stockton, Redding, Eureka & Reno/Lake Tahoe)

iwalkthrowwalls

I am getting lte on my N5 without forcing lte. Did they finally push ecsfg updates

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

If you are getting LTE on a spark device without forcing LTE only mode then it should signal that they pushed the eCSFB update! This means Spark devices can finally see the few B25 towers and the numerous B41 towers in that cluster.  

• Like 2

I remember reading up on Sprint is planning to cover 300 POPs during the summer of this year.

How in the hell are they going to cover 300 million when their network barely covers 270.

P.S> it's 250 million by mid 2014. 

Sent from my Nexus 5

How in the hell are they going to cover 300 million when their network barely covers 270.

P.S> it's 250 million by mid 2014.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Oh okay, numbers were thrown everywhere. So I'm guessing that California isn't part of that 250 mil?

been lurking on this thread for quite some time when people start complaining over at the sprint forums I try to use you guys as a reference point to find out what's going on in the Sac area. 

Just wondering if anyone has any updates for 95660 mainly the Watt and A st area just to satisfy my own curiosity.  

I got a text from sprint Jan 21st stating "Over the next month, the new network will be largely completed in your area see new phones blah blah blah reply S to stop"

been lurking on this thread for quite some time when people start complaining over at the sprint forums I try to use you guys as a reference point to find out what's going on in the Sac area.

Just wondering if anyone has any updates for 95660 mainly the Watt and A st area just to satisfy my own curiosity.

I got a text from sprint Jan 21st stating "Over the next month, the new network will be largely completed in your area see new phones blah blah blah reply S to stop"

Possibly upgraded and possibly in the process of having NV 2.0 8T8R B41 equipment deployed. Not sure since no one's checked that area or any tower in that area for over half a year

If there is a location of the tower I can go snap pics of it.

I've posted pictures of this tower September 2013, it had new equipment up. Sponsor thread has all the towers listed on a map. Feel free to get new pics since mine are so old. ane7ysyp.jpgyvu8ugyj.jpg2avyne5e.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Is it reasonable to assume that most of the towers around and in Sacramento have their hardware already installed/upgraded, and it's all just the wait for backhaul?

If that is the case, time to go torch the AT&T building downtown.

Is it reasonable to assume that most of the towers around and in Sacramento have their hardware already installed/upgraded, and it's all just the wait for backhaul?

If that is the case, time to go torch the AT&T building downtown.

It's waiting for cluster launching which happens when every single site in an area is converted to at least NV 3g. Backhaul doesn't matter for cluster launching NV 3g as they'll use the old backhaul.

Sent from my Nexus 5

I don't want to jump the gun too quickly, but it looks like they have pushed the eCSFB update in Davis, as I am on .23 radio w/LTE and can still receive phone calls.

• Like 1

Are they working on this tower with an expired permit or does this tower have an active permit?

Expired two weeks ago. They're doing it at the absolute last moment that they are probably contractually obligated to.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Looks like there's a micro cell at VA Reno.

Looks like it! I don't even recall Samsung having NIDs in the 500 range. Sammy is usually in the 200 range. 

It seems like 3G has gotten even slower in the Sac/Roseville/Rocklin area this last week or two. I usually can get a stable .35Mbit or so downloading, lately I am lucky to break past .15. :/