Network Vision/LTE - Upper Central Valley Market (Sacramento, Stockton, Redding, Eureka & Reno/Lake Tahoe)

iwalkthrowwalls

Withing the next year?

February / March is what I'm guessing. About a dozen or so sites have not yet begin.

Disclosure : I live by one and its a back haul issue as att and comcast will not upgrade to lines to fiber in our area.

Sent from my Nexus 5

I just want to wake up in the morning and see the LTE icon at the top of my phone. 

I was just in San Diego and after seeing all the progress made I am even more excited that we are almost their as well.  

I just want to wake up in the morning and see the LTE icon at the top of my phone.

I was just in San Diego and after seeing all the progress made I am even more excited that we are almost their as well.

Don't we all? :(

Sent from my Nexus 5

Can I say F AT&T, Comcast and Wave while were at it.

Where I live, once the LTE switch is actually on I will be using that a heck of a lot more since neither AT&T nor Wave will expand out my way to get me any real speed. I am only 3 telephone Polls from getting Wave Broadband, but its a $3K cost to get them to do it... Yea no.

I bet Sprint's LTE expansion across the US would be much faster if the Politics of the Backhaul wasn't such a pain.

In Salida and Riverbank going to clients got 1x800 everywhere. ill post some screenshots.

attachicon.gifScreenshot_2013-12-30-13-16-07.pngattachicon.gifScreenshot_2013-12-30-13-16-45.pngattachicon.gifScreenshot_2013-12-30-13-21-24.pngattachicon.gifScreenshot_2013-12-30-13-59-06.png

i get that too,but sorry to say 3G speeds are horribly slow.Still unusable. 

Highest I could get before it kicked me off.

Sent from my Nexus 5

I want some of that speed .. I could only pull 2mbps in the Galt area, but sweet jesus that 50mbps...I need it. Like every other consumer in the world, I need it. =/

What's the difference between nv upgrade 3g 800 and just 3g

3G / 800 indicates the presence of eSMR 800mhz for 1x voice/slow data. It's refarmed spectrum from Nextel with far superior characteristics to PCS 1900 and about equal to Verizon and ATT Cellular 850mhz. NV 3G just indicates the proper installation and operation of Network Vision equipment on the PCS 1900 frequencies (1x/evdo) and typically has eCSFB software installed for seamless operation of triband (spark) devices. 

LTE speed might not be fast but if this is the speed at Sacramento then I'm grateful enough.

(LTE at Oakland). Crossing my fingers.

I go to Oakland to visit family a lot and I don't think they have upgraded 3G, only 1X and lte. I didn't get any lte with my Nexus 5 but only with note 2

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

I go to oakland quite a bit as well, and they do have NV gear down there, because I got LTE on my N5.  I also get around 11 Mbps down on my Speed test near my mom's house, although I have gotten 3-4 in other areas.  I've also gotten up to 20 in the LA area and almost 35 in Vacaville, both on my Note 2, so the speed can really be all over the place.

Just talked with facilities at UCD.  The techs were scheduled to be done on the 31st with the hardware update on the chemistry building but they still have 2 antenna's up there apparently.  it sounds like they might have gotten the new equipment hooked up but didn't haul the old stuff down, but I haven't gotten a chance to get up there yet.

Just talked with facilities at UCD.  The techs were scheduled to be done on the 31st with the hardware update on the chemistry building but they still have 2 antenna's up there apparently.  it sounds like they might have gotten the new equipment hooked up but didn't haul the old stuff down, but I haven't gotten a chance to get up there yet.

They'll keep the old antennas up for a "testing period of 6-12 months". 

They'll keep the old antennas up for a "testing period of 6-12 months". 

Gotcha.  The Facilities guy was kinda upset that there was older equipment up there. I guess they didn't tell him that.

Gotcha.  The Facilities guy was kinda upset that there was older equipment up there. I guess they didn't tell him that.

Heh. Shame.

Side note also got the SGS4T (triband) model today. Running on LTE only mode it DOES pick up TD-LTE B41 (Spark) without messing about so I'll be out and about mapping that and running speed tests on sensorly so... don't get too excited if you see new purple tracks...

7kcI2pl.png?1

ZAZ58IT.png?1

Hi guys, I love this site. Just a screenshot of band 41 while outside Best Buy in Roseville across from Galleria. Phone immediately connected to lte when i got in my car. I was surprised to see it was band 41.Speed tests are erratic but there are no bars but is still connected solid without me having to force LTE only. Does anyone have any idea approx when a cluster launch in Sac will happen? Btw im working on becoming a Premier member soon! Thanks in advance. -Dean

Screenshot_2014-01-06-20-53-03.png

Edited by dmarsh
  • Like 1

Hi guys, I love this site. Just . screenshot of band 41 while outside Best Buy in Roseville across from Galleria. Phone immediately connected to lte when i got in my car. I was surprised to see it was band 41.Speed tests are erratic but there are no bars but is still connected solid without me having to force LTE only. Does anyone have any idea approx when a cluster launch in Sac will happen? Btw im working on becoming a Premier member soon! Thanks in advance. -Dean

Exact location and where? Roseville Galleria & surrounding areas does have Band 41 towers live but the only way to access them is with triband phones which DO NOT connect to LTE without NV 3G upgrades unless forced. If you are connected to it without forcing it AND it stays connected (which you indicate) then your local cluster may have NV 3G integrated and live. 

Go go go sensorly and report back if you get LTE connections with your G2. 

- For the entire Sacramento MTA I'm looking at febuary / march if they want to get every single site but sooner if they split it up. Mostly City of Sacramento sites left to be done with a few near citrus heights / fair oaks area. 

Exact location and where? Roseville Galleria & surrounding areas does have Band 41 towers live but the only way to access them is with triband phones which DO NOT connect to LTE without NV 3G upgrades unless forced. If you are connected to it without forcing it AND it stays connected (which you indicate) then your local cluster may have NV 3G integrated and live. 

Go go go sensorly and report back if you get LTE connections with your G2. 

- For the entire Sacramento MTA I'm looking at febuary / march if they want to get every single site but sooner if they split it up. Mostly City of Sacramento sites left to be done with a few near citrus heights / fair oaks area.

I'm parked directly near the front of Best Buy 1236 Galleria Blvd 95678.Im mapping on Sensorly now.I had previously enabled all 3 LTE bands in the hidden menu a month ago and left phone in CDMA/LTE mode because I was aware of the issues with csfb. Was surpised it connected to LTE and stayed solid without me doing anything. Just happened to glance at my phone and checked the ##DEBUG# screen and band 41 showed up. When I went into hidden menu to force LTE only it was still on band 41 but when I changed back to CDMA/LTE, back to 3G. Very interesting.