Network Vision/LTE - Upper Central Valley Market (Sacramento, Stockton, Redding, Eureka & Reno/Lake Tahoe)

iwalkthrowwalls

The LG G2 will be available Friday, November 8. It will run $199.99 with a new agreement, or $19.59 per month (plus tax) using Sprint One Up. The G2 will receive an update to enable support for Sprint Spark in early 2014.

So we can get it next week but it won't work with tri band until sometime in 2014?

No thanks.

• Like 1

So we can get it next week but it won't work with tri band until sometime in 2014?

No thanks.

Wow so it looks like you can get the hardware to support all the bands now, but you can't actually use all 3 bands 800/1900/2500 until Sprint officially releases Spark update in early 2014? Seems to me there is no point to get a tri-band phone right now at the moment until they release Spark.....

I don't want to be a negative Nancy on this one but I'll just state what is true for me. I will definitely stay with Sprint (unless they get rid of unlimited non throttled data) and I will go for tri band, but I learned my lesson not to buy anything until the service I'm being sold on actually works.

I haven't even had 'standard' 4G LTE in my town yet to use on my 4G LTE phone, that I was pretty much conned into buying, and they are now marketing the next level of "enhanced" 4G LTE?

I understand the particular situation that Sprint is in but just like I have no reason to buy the Galaxy S4, I have no reason for a tri band phone.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice....

• Like 1

I don't want to be a negative Nancy on this one but I'll just state what is true for me. I will definitely stay with Sprint (unless they get rid of unlimited non throttled data) and I will go for tri band, but I learned my lesson not to buy anything until the service I'm being sold on actually works.

I haven't even had 'standard' 4G LTE in my town yet to use on my 4G LTE phone, that I was pretty much conned into buying, and they are now marketing the next level of "enhanced" 4G LTE?

I understand the particular situation that Sprint is in but just like I have no reason to buy the Galaxy S4, I have no reason for a tri band phone.

Sacramento is a phase 1 clearwire market with substantial TD-LTE coverage due it being an easy software upgrade to enable dual mode operations on the Huawei equipment.

Clearwire is operating as an independent entity and what they do is not what sprint does.

It's a shame that not many sites are going lie but do not think for once we're special and entitled for it. Every samsung market has a lack of acceptances for as long as us. Work had continued and has been going on as we can all see. It's a shame that our predictions have been incorrect so far but it is what it is.

Sent from my SPH-D710

According to someone "very much in the know" on this topic (I really shouldn't divulge the source):

"I would say that estimate [towards the end of the year] is still valid.  I don’t see many challenges that would affect your area [sacramento] other than the winter weather that could slow construction crews down a bit."

That's true if you are buying a phone for faster data speeds.  If that's the case, why wouldn't you wait until you can use it?

As for Me, I will get the Nexus 5 when it is released (Friday???) because it is a new phone that I want.  The fact that it works on TD-LTE is an extra benefit.

Just a FYI. I will be getting the Nexus 5 when it's released, already have the LG G2 on preorder, and will also be getting the S4 Triband model in the near future. 

I'll be the guinea pig for you all to show you all just exactly what's going on... :)

• Like 2

Sacramento is a phase 1 clearwire market with substantial TD-LTE coverage due it being an easy software upgrade to enable dual mode operations on the Huawei equipment.

Clearwire is operating as an independent entity and what they do is not what sprint does.

It's a shame that not many sites are going lie but do not think for once we're special and entitled for it. Every samsung market has a lack of acceptances for as long as us. Work had continued and has been going on as we can all see. It's a shame that our predictions have been incorrect so far but it is what it is.

Sent from my SPH-D710

I don't think that what I wrote should be taken as entitlement. I'm merely alluding to the fact that I was misled by a sales person in the past about a service that I still cannot use in the area I bought the phone for and I'm betting that sales staff will again start touting a service that isn't available. Hopefully I'm wrong and hopefully TD-LTE is available to all capable phones on Sprint's network right away.

Sorry for the rant, I like and respect this forum and hope that I didn't cross the forum rules.

I don't think that what I wrote should be taken as entitlement. I'm merely alluding to the fact that I was misled by a sales person in the past about a service that I still cannot use in the area I bought the phone for and I'm betting that sales staff will again start touting a service that isn't available. Hopefully I'm wrong and hopefully TD-LTE is available to all capable phones on Sprint's network right away.

Sorry for the rant, I like and respect this forum and hope that I didn't cross the forum rules.

It's fine. I'm sure everyone that reads this thread and follows this site is anxious to get improvements of any sorts. Onus is still on Sprints Ericsson network management teams  to go out there and bring sites online. Who knows when they'll do that... sigh... 

Speaking of which... keep an eye on downtown area. Sprint has expedited several sites for work. 

• Like 3

I noticed crews working on an antenna east of i5 just by the Meadowview/Pocket exit. Is that a Sprint antenna?

Nope. Sprints is on the water tank. Clearwire is on that tower though. 

According to someone "very much in the know" on this topic (I really shouldn't divulge the source):

"I would say that estimate [towards the end of the year] is still valid. I don’t see many challenges that would affect your area [sacramento] other than the winter weather that could slow construction crews down a bit."

Wait who said that I hope it's true

I took a good long look at the huge water tower on Peter McCuen Blvd. in Mather / Rancho Cordova today which I understand is a Sprint site. I believe it is also an AT&T site and perhaps another carrier as well. The tower was recently freshly painted. The antennas were taken down and hoisted up in the air on hydraulic lifts some weeks ago during the painting, and then they were reinstalled on the tower and superstructure and everything including cables were painted to match. There's also a new concrete block enclosure under the tower for the equipment lease areas and a new parking lot has been developed around it (I work for the company that is or will be leasing that parking area). The enclosure and tower is like a donut hole and the cake is the parking lot.

Anyway, I didn't take any photos because I don't THINK there's any new stuff there, only freshly painted reinstalled stuff. And the vantage points for taking photos of the weatherproof cabinets in the lease area are fewer and farther between now due to the concrete block wall surrounding the site. But I can take some photos of the current state if they are wanted. It might make more sense to shoot a short video of the site. Let me know...

I have taken photos of the tower both pre and post tower work/painting. They put new Sprint antennas up a few weeks ago. I am going by on my way in to work this morning to see if they went on the racks that were installed on the legs (?) of the tower or around on the safety fence thing on top. The antennas were up on the lifts at least back over the summer, if I recall.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

Wait do you lose sponsorship after a month? Or do you have to keep donating?

It's 6 months actually so PM robert. Probably a mistake somewhere as he manages everything manually. 

I also went to the city if lathrop yesterday and talked to the gal in the permits/inspection department and couldn't find anything for the tower by the fire station by Louise and target But i wasn't to confident in her abilities either. -.-

So I was on the sprint.com site today just browsing and allthough I knew Corning and Red Bluff actually had LTE go live I never in my wildest dreams thought that the first orange and white 4G target dot in northern california would represent my little home area.  I am still rooting for nationwide LTE coverage though cause I am staying with Sprint and I don't plan on staying home the rest of my life.

Added some better quality pics of the tower in Citrus Heights.

attachicon.gifDSC00558.JPG

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/wnwg0rnczwsgmxt/HIM1gsDwtn

Lilo what do you think? And also I am seeing this exact same setup on the Winding Way and Hazel Intersection Sprint Site. Looks like 1 Samsung RRU and then that 2nd RRU is a TD-LTE RRU? It's different from the standard of 2 Samsung RRU's that we are normally seeing. That 2nd RRU is alot bigger it looks like? Altogether it's still 2 RRU's per Samsung Antenna though which is a pretty sweet setup.

Lilo what do you think? And also I am seeing this exact same setup on the Winding Way and Hazel Intersection Sprint Site. Looks like 1 Samsung RRU and then that 2nd RRU is a TD-LTE RRU? It's different from the standard of 2 Samsung RRU's that we are normally seeing. That 2nd RRU is alot bigger it looks like? Altogether it's still 2 RRU's per Samsung Antenna though which is a pretty sweet setup.

Not clear enough especially since it's under some covers. Need closer look at antenna connections and the other RRU

Sent from my SPH-D710