Network Vision/LTE - Upper Central Valley Market (Sacramento, Stockton, Redding, Eureka & Reno/Lake Tahoe)

iwalkthrowwalls

Don't forget to post that in the Sites In Progress thread so it gets added to the map!

Which thread is that? The UCV sponsor thread?

This message brought to you in part by Sprint and the letters GS and the number 4

Stockton Sprint tower in West March Lane , Stockton has gone LTE work.

I could see the LTE things when going up the ramp to the take the freeway. It's at the top of a tall building so I couldn't take any pictures of it. I'll try to take pictures when I'm not driving

Also gonna try and map some areas of hwy 4 west that leads into stockton. Was getting LTE signal closer to stockton than usual. Not sure if it is the Sprint tower that is on that hwy or if it's from Brentwood.

I know that tower is by the US post office so I'll try to make time to go check that tower out and upload some pics here.

I saw new LTE pannels on a tower by off I-5 south late last week when heading back from school. Not sure if that tower is only Sprint's but I haven't seen LTE pannels there before and usually I get 5 bars on 3G when I pass by it. Lately it has been 2-3 bars.

Oh, that tower is located on Washington street.

I'll check that one out, the one on hwy 4 west, and the other sprint tower on charter way going to hwy 4. Whenever I head to Modesto or Manteca I'll check the one on Airport way.

Any updates on LTE in Chico State or Sac State?

Having LTE around or on campus is gonna be a huge deciding factor when transferring. I know San Jose State has LTE :D

I haven't heard anything for Sac State yet. Reception is awful on campus, particularly in the union. Hopefully by the end of the year.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

I haven't heard anything for Sac State yet. Reception is awful on campus, particularly in the union. Hopefully by the end of the year.

Definitely don't want to deal with awful service. I experience that everyday on my campus. Battery drains so fast and phone gets too hot. On top of that the wifi is the worst thing ever.

I'm in the AIRC on the weekends and the last few days data and voice just turn off completely for hours at a time, especially data. It really blows not having a student login for wifi, it's flies around 50mb.

• Like 1

Bummer. Galaxy Note 3 won't support Sprint's Tri-Band Network.

Surprised Sprint is not heavily promotting the LG G2 who supports Sprint's Tri-Band Network.

If only I was eligible for an upgrade this year :/

Bummer. Galaxy Note 3 won't support Sprint's Tri-Band Network.

Surprised Sprint is not heavily promotting the LG G2 who supports Sprint's Tri-Band Network.

If only I was eligible for an upgrade this year :/

G2 doesn't come out till November for Sprint. They might advertise it then, but probably not, most people wouldn't are about it.

This message brought to you in part by Sprint and the letters GS and the number 4

I noticed that I had 4G around 2:50PM and it lasted for roughly 40 minutes before going back to 3G.

I was in a building on O street between 11th and 12th in downtown Sacramento.

This could either be from one of the West Sac towers or maybe they're actually working on the antennas that are nearby at about 16th Street. There has been on again/off again 4G for about a month in downtown and midtown.

I noticed that I had 4G around 2:50PM and it lasted for roughly 40 minutes before going back to 3G.

I was in a building on O street between 11th and 12th in downtown Sacramento.

This could either be from one of the West Sac towers or maybe they're actually working on the antennas that are nearby at about 16th Street. There has been on again/off again 4G for about a month in downtown and midtown.

Hopefully Downtown Sacramento Testing...

• Like 1

Thought I'd do a status update and a sneak peek since it's been a while..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Status Update 9-15-2013

Permits

Applied:  47

Approved: 11
Issued: 128
In Progress: 35

Acceptances:

3G: 32

3G/800: 12

3G/800/4G: 4

4G: 15

Sneak peek

sacramento.png

reno.png

modesto.png

redding.png

• Like 1

Even better news!

Rumors have it that Sprint will introduce their new Upgrade program. It's called Sprint One Up. You can upgrade every 13 months at much cheaper prices than AT&T and T-Mobile.

Galaxy Note 3 or LG G2 for me next month! Can't wait to go and test that TD LTE in SF

Band 41, Clearwire LTE, 25/2600MHz LTE, same thing. It's the third band of LTE that Sprint is deploying in addition to PCS and SMR LTE.

So based on what has been said so far, I can't use it with my Galaxy S3 and I'll need a specific model of smartphone if I wanted the service.

Also, is there anything special about this service over the current 4G LTE that they are currently propping up?

Amazing just amazing. Td-lte is already live in Sacramento... just wow...

Grab tribands now if you want TD-LTe now!

Sent from my SPH-D710

Ughhh man.. anyone with a Triband hotspot?