Network Vision/LTE - Upper Central Valley Market (Sacramento, Stockton, Redding, Eureka & Reno/Lake Tahoe)

iwalkthrowwalls

So I live in Elk Grove and drive out to Roseville to test the LTE. All I have to say is "WOW". Now I can't wait for the rest of the area to get LTE.

29 down and 6 up. This was at the arco station at Cirby and Riverside.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9oekfs7b5a6tp4q/Photo%20Jun%2023%2C%203%2019%2012%20PM.png

Edited by BD786
  • Like 1

So I live in Elk Grove and drive out to Roseville to test the LTE. All I have to say is "WOW". Now I can't wait for the rest of the area to get LTE.

As good as LTE is, I'm more excited by the fact that they are replacing everything in the New Vision upgrades. Better voice, 3g data, and LTE along with unlimited data. It's like a dream come true.

As good as LTE is, I'm more excited by the fact that they are replacing everything in the New Vision upgrades. Better voice, 3g data, and LTE along with unlimited data. It's like a dream come true.

And more to boot. Remember that spotty wimax 4g service we have? That clearwire network will be replaced in the near future with samsung dual mode td-lte / wimax gear. Easy peasy adding a few antennas /RRU and hooking up to the new network vision gear.

Sent from my SPH-D710

And more to boot. Remember that spotty wimax 4g service we have? That clearwire network will be replaced in the near future with samsung dual mode td-lte / wimax gear. Easy peasy adding a few antennas /RRU and hooking up to the new network vision gear.

Sent from my SPH-D710

When do you think this will happen?

Sent from my SPH-D710

When do you think this will happen?
Quarter 4 or Quarter 1. It's something to look forward to for the future but not as important as tearing down the legacy network and replacing everything with modern stuff.

Sent from my SPH-D710

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9oekfs7b5a6tp4q/Photo%20Jun%2023%2C%203%2019%2012%20PM.png

Holy Sheet that's fast!!

I'm so stoked for this upgrade.. I'm biting my nails waiting for them to flip the switch in my area.

I have pics of what I think is the tower on main and sutter st in stockton (see post in sponsors forum for tower ID and GPS location)

http://bit.ly/16vgnql

can anyone confirm that this is correct? I just noticed these devices on the sides of the building recently and they look like sprints but I can't really tell.

it appears that the hardware is located on top of a building. I may even be able to get to the roof of this place for reasons I won't get in to here, but I'll be looking in to that soon.

I have pics of what I think is the tower on main and sutter st in stockton (see post in sponsors forum for tower ID and GPS location)

http://bit.ly/16vgnql

can anyone confirm that this is correct? I just noticed these devices on the sides of the building recently and they look like sprints but I can't really tell.

it appears that the hardware is located on top of a building. I may even be able to get to the roof of this place for reasons I won't get in to here, but I'll be looking in to that soon.

It doesn't look like it to me but I can't really tell. You should have went on the roof lol.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2

I just checked and tagged the one that had more of those sticking up "two more!"

the almost blend in to the decor on the side of the building. On the roof between the 2nd and 3rd windows:

20130624_133417.jpg

That building is huge! I won't be able to snap that one unless I can find my old point and shoot

I just checked and tagged the one that had more of those sticking up "two more!"

the almost blend in to the decor on the side of the building:

-snip-

Ya, could be a high capacity dual antenna site. Doesn't look anything like ATT or Verizon setups where they typically have 3 or 4 antennas. Not T-mobile AIR's or MetroPCS stuff either so... not to mention they're right next to legacy Sprint PCS antennas....

:)

Edit: Google streetview has those being there since 2012 so probably not sprint...

Ya, could be a high capacity dual antenna site. Doesn't look anything like ATT or Verizon setups where they typically have 3 or 4 antennas. Not T-mobile AIR's or MetroPCS stuff either so... not to mention they're right next to legacy Sprint PCS antennas....

:)

I work around here and I cruised around a bit a couldn't find any other towers or anything nearby, but I only looked for about 5 mins..there's not much but buildings down here and this is on of the taller ones nearby.

Doubt it is after looking at streetview images. Still worth it to go up and take a look regardless. If only someone would get stockton building permit info....

Doubt it is after looking at streetview images. Still worth it to go up and take a look regardless. If only someone would get stockton building permit info....

I've been meaning to I just havent had enough time lately.

there's a web portal where one could request them via email/phone. They're really helpful

Any recent updates on LTE deployment for the Sacramento area? And would this include outlying areas like Rocklin, Lincoln, and Auburn? Coming up on contract renewal for all 4 family members, but not going to commit to Sprint unless LTE is coming by very early 2013. Any news appreciated.

I was at Denios this weekend and got a 4G LTE  signal on my Galaxy Note 2.  Superfast speeds.

Ron

I was at Denios this weekend and got a 4G LTE  signal on my Galaxy Note 2.  Superfast speeds.

Ron

I did a few tests and was able to get up to about 28 Megs

• Like 1

Ron

Denio's is practically right under the old WiMax 4g towers.  That was the one area of Roseville-Rocklin that always got great Sprint data speeds, so it makes sense that's the area that would lead the way with LTE.  Out here closer to Lincoln, about 12 miles north along 65 in Whitney Ranch, no LTE signals yet.  My wife's getting LTE with VZW, but speeds are not great for her (about 9000-10000 Kbps) either.  Still better than Sprint's 800 kbps with 3g.