Roaming Operator Names

Paynefanbro

I only know 2. I don't know if it is the same on other devices, but this is true of HTC the Evo 4G LTE.

123456 is Verizon.

31000 is Alltel

Huh? Are those supposed to be SIDs? The first is too large to be a SID. The second could be an Alltel SID, but the coincidence is unlikely. So, where are you gathering these numbers?

AJ

When I roam, it shows these in my network settings as operators. I noticed the correlation between carriers and these "names". I looked it up and many people who got 31000 as their operator realised it was Alltel. Also many have noted that Alltel customers that got switched to Verizon, had 31000 instead of their normal operator name. For them it did not change until they updated their PRL.

Are you referring to the readout from a specific app?

AJ

Nope, whenever I roam I go into my phone's network settings. Under operator, where it would normally say Sprint, it shows these numbers.

Those numbers seem like placeholders rather than actual identifiers. Plus, I do not know where you have been roaming, but Alltel has ceased to exist across most of the country.

AJ

NetMon shows my connection as MCC 123 and MNC 456.

I know some have privacy concerns with Netmonitor but I like it when tower hunting. Now, with that disclaimer out of the way...I've noticed that when I'm connected to 1x or evdo that that the MCC is listed as 123 but when I am connected to lte that changes to 310. The nid and bsid will remain the same.

There are some other readings from Netmonitor I've been curious about as well.

The My Network Info app shows my carrier as 310120 as it should be.

Those numbers seem like placeholders rather than actual identifiers. Plus, I do not know where you have been roaming, but Alltel has ceased to exist across most of the country.

AJ

VZW still has their evdo subnet active in North LA.

Sent from my little Note2

NetMon shows my connection as MCC 123 and MNC 456.

I know some have privacy concerns with Netmonitor but I like it when tower hunting. Now, with that disclaimer out of the way...I've noticed that when I'm connected to 1x or evdo that that the MCC is listed as 123 but when I am connected to lte that changes to 310. The nid and bsid will remain the same.

And there is your answer. LTE (and other 3GPP) networks use MCC-MNC, but CDMA2000 (3GPP2) networks do not.

The primary Mobile Country Code for the US is 310, and Sprint's LTE Mobile Network Code is 120.

So, 123456 is null data for both MCC-MNC, while 310000 is correct for the US but null data for the Mobile Network Code.

AJ

• Like 2

And there is your answer. LTE (and other 3GPP) networks use MCC-MNC, but CDMA2000 (3GPP2) networks do not.

The primary Mobile Country Code for the US is 310, and Sprint's LTE Mobile Network Code is 120.

So, 123456 is null data for both MCC-MNC, while 310000 is correct for the US but null data for the Mobile Network Code.

AJ

I don't know much about this stuff, and didn't know if a screen shot would help. I do know I was roaming with Verizon due to forgetting to add a area code before a call

http://db.tt/gFCjEH92