Sierra Wireless cuts off its dongle, pours cold water on its hotspot

WiWavelength

Goodbye, Sierra. Hello, Netgear.

The company that coined the term AirCard will make AirCards no more. Sierra Wireless is selling its 3G/4G modem business to NetGear, which take over the manufacture of its line of mobile hotspots, wireless dongles and data cards.

http://gigaom.com/20...rnet-of-things/

AJ

• Like 1

And if you missed it a few days ago, Cisco is selling Linksys to Belkin.

AJ

I had good luck with linksys until cisco took over.

Netgear bought infrant/readynas a few years ago, came out with some good newer models (then simultaneously fractured the software side, dev team, and the community). The existing readynas board is on lifesupport, and I wouldn't be surprised if it ever suddenly disappeared into the ether, which would be an unfortunate loss for past, present and future customers.

From what I understand, about the same happened with their media player devices.

Man, you guys fail to appreciate good headline writing. This thread title was supremely clever.

AJ

• Like 4

Man, you guys fail to appreciate good headline writing. This thread title was supremely clever.

AJ

"At least they didn't cut the tether" :o

Or

"Sierra Wireless to become Netgear Mist"

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

AJ

Sorry, I no longer reside in the gutter.....hahahahaha. Ok,ok. The title was funny. :lol:

AJ

I think you owe the State of Michigan a new laptop for the one I just spewed my coffee on to...

• Like 2