Where is the 2013 device road map?

Serious

I wish we did have access to the device roadmaps from Sprint, however they have been pretty quiet on devices. Most of the information we have been getting has come directly from the FCC database, when the device is submitted for testing. For now, check out this post, as I keep it updated everytime a new device is added to the FCC showing support for 1900LTE.

• Like 1

They're always pretty quiet in the first part of the year. That said, you already know at least a handful of high profile device that are coming including the next HTC Android flagship, Samsung Galaxy S IV and the next coming of the Jesus Phone. Add to that the two Windows Phone devices were talked about at CES, and then there's always the dying gasp from BlackBerry. Lots of things on the horizon.

I wish we did have access to the device roadmaps from Sprint, however they have been pretty quiet on devices. Most of the information we have been getting has come directly from the FCC database, when the device is submitted for testing. For now, check out this post, as I keep it updated everytime a new device is added to the FCC showing support for 1900LTE.

Looking at the post you reference, if the table lists phones in introduction order it looks like the last 8 phones released do not support SVDO after a whole bunch that did, wonder if it means Sprint does not think its a must have feature to demand from the manufacturers in the future?

Looking at the post you reference, if the table lists phones in introduction order it looks like the last 8 phones released do not support SVDO after a whole bunch that did, wonder if it means Sprint does not think its a must have feature to demand from the manufacturers in the future?

That's how I'm interpreting it. Once LTE is commonplace, SVDO won't matter much.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

• Like 1

I agree with Robert. SVDO was a temporary thing.

• Like 1

That's how I'm interpreting it. Once LTE is commonplace, SVDO won't matter much.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

Well judging by evdo data issues in several places in the Chicago area (including a suburban area where all the towers look as upgraded as they are going to be Addison just north and west of I290/rt83, also the northside of the city (Lincoln Park/Lakeview) nearish Lake Michigan) and the fact that LTE range is lower that is bad news :(. I guess after we dump our S3's we can hope for LTE800 as the answer. I know I'm VERY unusual here and unlike my folks won't wait as long to upgrade next time, we all had our previous Samsung A920's for 6+ years each! (we had a grandfathered legacy no data practically unlimited for $58 total) so waited forever to pay the high new plan prices).

The weird thing for my folks in Addison it is a dense suburban area and there are couple of close towers < .5 mile but still have trouble getting any decent data at their house. I would think they should be a good signal area?