Network Vision/LTE - Delaware market (including Wilmington, Dover, Laurel and Elkton MD)

cjinohio03

It looks like you are getting your 1x & 3G signal from a different tower.

It is possible that the difference between 100 & 115 may be enough to go from a decent 6mbps to sub 3G speeds.

To me that makes zero sense. When it was 3g if was fine. .Now that the tower was upgraded is overloaded? At 8am on a thursday.

Since the phones can be connected to two towers, one for 1x and one for 3G or 4G, it could create an imbalance. The phones will hang on to that 4G connection for as long as possible. So as they move away from the Kirkwood tower they hand off the 1x connection to another tower but keep the 4G connection until the extreme edge of the signal. The result is you have more phones connected than what is typically expected. 

Once you have a couple of surrounding towers go live with 4G that should not be an issue. Of course it is entirely possibly they are back making adjustments and that is causing a problem too.

Ahh ok that makes sense

I have never had a knack for explaining things but glad it helped. Another way you can see it is by looking at sensorly. If you know where a live tower is you will often see that the signal stretches to (or past) another tower that isn't live.

This morning I tried speed testing at the route 40 tower and then on the Kirkwood tower and both have terrible. .10mbps ish speeds. Is it my phone? Or anyone else getting this? Am I being throttled for the wacky 6gb I used this month? its really frustrating at this point.

Edited by jcopin