Network Vision/LTE - Delaware market (including Wilmington, Dover, Laurel and Elkton MD)

cjinohio03

Hey guys can someone give me an update on the tower on limestone road in Hockessin... My 4g goes in an out and I mostly get 3g in the house. I know the tower is literally .4 miles from me so I know I should be getting better signal then that. I also know the second tower from me is almost a mile away and im not sure if that's updated with NV.

Does anyone have information about Newark and the UD area getting upgraded to 4g LTE service?  We never got 4g Wimax here but have been hoping that LTE would come.

Short answer, yes Newark and the UD campus will get LTE.

Longer answer, ~38000 Sprint locations are going to receive Network Vision (NV) upgrades (many already have). There are multiple towers that serve the Newark and UD campus area. Currently 75% have had the NV equipment installed and accepted at the towers. The remaining may be in progress but until they are confirmed in an acceptance report or observed and reported by an individual on this form we can't say for sure. At this time there are 8 sites in Delaware that are broadcasting LTE. This has all occurred within the last month. You can see this if you look at the Sensorly map (and some of it is very close to Newark). Gut feeling, you will probably see LTE from at least one tower in the area in less than 90 days.

• Like 1

They both updated with 3g , but you get a signal from a pa tower close too border. You just gettting some weak siganls .

When I spoke with sprint rep they said the tower on limestone is done eitj upgrads for 4g so im confused because if it was and it was broadcasted, Ishould be seeing 4g eeverywhere in the house and not just in the backyard

Hi Delaware,

Does anybody knows if there its going to be any update coming to the City of Wilmington soon??

No firm information as to exactly when. However several sites have the hardware installed in the city and are just waiting on backhaul to be completed. It is possible something might happen tomorrow... If I was a gambling man my money would say probably something within the next 90 days on band 25 (PCS).

Now if anyone has a tri-band hot spot (or the soon to arrive tri-band phones) they may find parts of Wilmington already have LTE on band 41.

:ninja: