Myrtle Beach NV!!

I now have confirmation for the Myrtle beach area that network vision has begun. It is not NV/4G it is just 3g network vision. There were special roll outs of NV for myrtle beach, Long island, and Alabama I am excited because the network here is worse than crap. Hopefully the 3G enhancements will bring the download speed up to atleast 500kbps lol. Cause we dont even peak 200kbps now. And the calls may actually go through! Please if anyone else has any information on when the approx complete date is. thanks in advance!!

• Like 1

I now have confirmation for the Myrtle beach area that network vision has begun. It is not NV/4G it is just 3g network vision. There were special roll outs of NV for myrtle beach, Long island, and Alabama I am excited because the network here is worse than crap. Hopefully the 3G enhancements will bring the download speed up to atleast 500kbps lol. Cause we dont even peak 200kbps now. And the calls may actually go through! Please if anyone else has any information on when the approx complete date is. thanks in advance!!

I will be honest when I visited SC this summer (MB and Charleston). I didn't think your speed was slow. However, I though your 1x coverage was awful. 800 SMR will help you greatly.

And what confirmation do you have? Where did the info come from?

Sent from a phone using an application. That's pretty cool.

We have been able to confirm that Alabama is under way the other day. Long Island is scheduled to start right about now. It does not surprise me that the Myrtle Beach market could be starting now, but we have not received confirmation for that market from any of our sources.

In our Sponsor section, we have NV Sites Complete maps. We get information about the sites Sprint inspects and accepts from their inspectors. We update the maps typically every week or two. If Myrtle Beach is under way, then once Sprint starts accepting sites from AlcaLu, they will start appearing on the Sponsor maps.

Keep your eyes to the skies. Let us know if you see any actitivty at Sprint sites around Myrtle Beach and post pictures. We have maps in the Sponsor section that show all the Sprint sites in your area.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

• Like 1

I went to Myrtle this summer, armed with only my trusty Clear 3G/4G hotspot. WiMax coverage is terrible, and I was falling back to (Sprint) 3G quite often. 3G was in the 500 kbps range. Coverage wasn't bad.

THere are only two WiMax towers near Conway and Surfside (protection sites) from what I understand. This thread totally makes my night as the OP stated, Sprint service in and around Myrtle Beach has become mostly useless... I totally look forward to any updates to this. Why would they only be doing 3G parts of NV, why not the "normal" suite of 3G and 4G stuff? That part confuses me.

THere are only two WiMax towers near Conway and Surfside (protection sites) from what I understand. This thread totally makes my night as the OP stated, Sprint service in and around Myrtle Beach has become mostly useless... I totally look forward to any updates to this. Why would they only be doing 3G parts of NV, why not the "normal" suite of 3G and 4G stuff? That part confuses me.

Myrtle Beach is an AlcaLu market. They almost always start with 3G upgrades first. It takes them a few months of deployment before they start bringing LTE online. That's what's happening in the DC market now.

Myrtle Beach is an AlcaLu market. They almost always start with 3G upgrades first. It takes them a few months of deployment before they start bringing LTE online. That's what's happening in the DC market now.

Same for NYC and Baltimore as well.