Switch To Employer Discount from EPRP?

nahum365

We have a family plan of 4 lines under the Everything Plus Referral Program. It costs us around $180 before taxes. Our other option is a 23% discount under my employer. The plan still comes out to $180ish, but we get the added benefits of a regular Sprint plan. Meaning we can upgrade at places other then Sprint corporate stores (Apple Store, Best Buy, etc). We lose 100 minutes, but honestly, we don't get past 400 minutes usually. We would have sprung for a 700 minute plan if there was one. So what would be the process of doing this? I know we can change plans online, but would that lead to interrupted service or a messed up bill? Our new billing cycle starts next week.

We have a family plan of 4 lines under the Everything Plus Referral Program. It costs us around $180 before taxes. Our other option is a 23% discount under my employer. The plan still comes out to $180ish, but we get the added benefits of a regular Sprint plan. Meaning we can upgrade at places other then Sprint corporate stores (Apple Store, Best Buy, etc). We lose 100 minutes, but honestly, we don't get past 400 minutes usually. We would have sprung for a 700 minute plan if there was one. So what would be the process of doing this? I know we can change plans online, but would that lead to interrupted service or a messed up bill? Our new billing cycle starts next week.

Make sure you do the discounts right.. if I remember correctly Sprint changed what line items the 23% off applies to.

Make sure you do the discounts right.. if I remember correctly Sprint changed what line items the 23% off applies to.

I used the website to make sure. It comes out to $184.56. That's just a bit more, but worth it.

I don't know if the process is the same, but for me to switch from a "public" plan to an everything plus referral plan, I had to wait until my contract expired, port my number to a pre-paid type service (anything but Virgin or Boost), then port my number back to Sprint to a new account for the Everything Plus plan. It was an absolute pain. I don't know if going the opposite direction will be as bad though. I was told by numerous people I talked to online, at telesales and at employee telesales that my number could not be ported from one Sprint account to a new Sprint account.

I have an EPRP and do all upgrades at BestBuy with no problem and no upgrade fees.

Seriously? I went to a WalMart and was refused because the account holder wasn't there. I returned the next day with the account holder and was told I had an incompatible plan and could only add-a-line or upgrade at a Sprint Corporate Store. Apple Store site gives a similar message:

ZhthE.png

Could definitely save money by being able to buy phone from Best Buy or Amazon.

Exactly. Saving $20-30 dollars on each phone come September 2014 is definitely worth $2 extra each month. Apparently I am stuck on EPRP according to MySprint. Really don't feel like calling- I need the few brain cells I still have working, and arguing with a rep will not help. So looks like I'm going to a Sprint Store in the next week.

Not sure how but I have always upgraded at BestBuy. 5 lines 2 different times, there is an option that says keep existing plan. I might just be lucky or a smooth talker. ;-)

I have done this same exact thing. Anytime you move from one plan to another your bill gets a little screwy so just expect that it will be prorated for some amount either in your favor or not. The only other thing that changed was that my billing cycle was changed from what it was to my companies billing cycle. Other than that easy..

I wonder if it has something to do with switching from wimax to LTE and the need to have the plans swapped out?

I got my GSIII at a corporate store, and one of the things he had to do was change my plans around. It was the same plan, but with the codes for LTE.

Don't know if that applies in this case, but a thought.

Not sure how but I have always upgraded at BestBuy. 5 lines 2 different times, there is an option that says keep existing plan. I might just be lucky or a smooth talker. ;-)

Maybe it's just Best Buy?