Network Vision/LTE - Albuquerque market (including El Paso, Las Cruces, Santa Fe, Los Alamos, Roswell)

S4GRU

I'm thinking it's linked to the main address on the account.

CJ

Sent from my iPhone 5

Thats the same thing I thought. Has anybody with an albuquerque address on their account gotten one of these texts? 

I just don't see it happening. I guess we can hope. What is interesting is that more and more I see towers have legacy removed.

They pulled the legacy cabinets about two weeks ago down here. Contractor told me they still need back haul and the AAV installed. Do not know what AAV stands for. I was hopeful f the back haul was close when CL marked all their lines near the tower (about 100 yards away) then remarked them about a month ago. Nothing has been done since.

I was quoting official sprint stuff. According to sprint albuquerque sits in the El Paso market. That's from my bud who works in Overland Park Kansas.

Not quite.  There is some misunderstanding occurring.  El Paso is in Sprint's Albuquerque market.  Sprint has 99 markets, and not one of them is named El Paso.  However, where the confusion may be occurring is that the Sprint MSC (switch) for the Albuquerque market is in El Paso.  In the Sponsor section it shows every one of Sprint's ~39,000 sites and which market and MSC they belong to.

Here is a map showing the Sprint markets and their names:  http://s4gru.forumflash.com/uploads/gallery/album_5/gallery_1_5_299248.jpg

Robert

• Like 2

Yeah I just verified with the regional district mgr of sprint mountain division. ABQ in El Paso cause he's working on the LTE deployment here.

I've seen some other contractors state the market for another city was incorrect, but wasn't the case either.  In believe there's been a loss of translation based on a smaller defined area they are working in as I've heard someone say the Baton Rouge area was not in the New Orleans market.  When in fact, you can see tickets today list the Baton Rouge area as New Orleans market.  But the actual true defined Sprint markets are the ones detailed in the map.

• Like 1

Yeah I just verified with the regional district mgr of sprint mountain division. ABQ in El Paso cause he's working on the LTE deployment here.

ABQ IS NOT IN THE EL PASO MARKET.  Please refer to post above that clearly outlines what is going on with regards to the market.  There is no El Paso market.  El Paso is in the Albuquerque market.  Albuquerque market sites connect to the El Paso switch.  Please refer to the map.

I also recommend you take this information back to your sources and I bet they will corroborate that.  I think you are misunderstanding them.  You (or they) are getting a market confused with an MSC (switch).

Robert

• Like 1

I never understand people who will adamantly argue something they do not have a direct understanding of.

Robert via Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

CJ

Sent from my iPhone 5

Thats the same thing I thought. Has anybody with an albuquerque address on their account gotten one of these texts? 

I am in Albuquerque with an Albuquerque address and received this text today.

CJ

Sent from my iPhone 5

Nope - its gotta be location based because my account address is in Texas and I live in Santa Fe.  I mean I guess it could mean improvements are coming to Santa Fe but I really doubt that since we're basically living in the stone age there (hyperbole - obviously).  i work in Albuquerque so I'm here everyday, though.

• Like 1

Nope - its gotta be location based because my account address is in Texas and I live in Santa Fe.  I mean I guess it could mean improvements are coming to Santa Fe but I really doubt that since we're basically living in the stone age there (hyperbole - obviously).  i work in Albuquerque so I'm here everyday, though.

I wouldn't be so pessimistic.  Before Robert moved away he ran across someone installing fiber on the site on the hill just south of Santa Fe.  I expect to see ABQ and SF to come online with LTE around the same time.

I wouldn't be so pessimistic. Before Robert moved away he ran across someone installing fiber on the site on the hill just south of Santa Fe. I expect to see ABQ and SF to come online with LTE around the same time.

I expect them to start going live around d the same time too. To clarify, the fiber was being installed at the I-25 and St. Francis site (which still hasn't even been accepted 3G). He said they were working on other sites around Santa Fe too.

I expect them to start going live around d the same time too. To clarify, the fiber was being installed at the I-25 and St. Francis site (which still hasn't even been accepted 3G). He said they were working on other sites around Santa Fe too.

My bad about the site... My brain has been fried recently due to the never ending job search.

• Like 1

My bad about the site... My brain has been fried recently due to the never ending job search.

Lots of jobs in Western South Dakota.  ;)

Robert

• Like 1

My wife (Electrical Engr) and I (Mechanical Engr) are looking to go anywhere.  If you have connections or suggestions up there I am all ears.

I understand the willingness to move, but NM needs to seriously looking at the number of graduates that are leaving the state.  This is starting to become a concern of mine with the ABQ Economic Development Forum.  There are not a sufficient number of jobs with skills in the city (or state).

• Like 1