Network Vision/LTE - Albuquerque market (including El Paso, Las Cruces, Santa Fe, Los Alamos, Roswell)

S4GRU

Thank you! I have donated some money to the continuation of this site now.

You have been upgraded. Thanks for supporting S4GRU.

Robert via Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I tried to convince my inlaws to stay with sprint but they just moved 5 lines to tmo during the current promotion. They don't leave the city except up to Santa Fe now and then. Overall I think it is good move in the current time but in six months this could be a dumb/ redundant decision.

I was never able to get a signal in that spot that I took the test. I took multiple ones too and all were very similar. I was very surprised too.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I tried to convince my inlaws to stay with sprint but they just moved 5 lines to tmo during the current promotion. They don't leave the city except up to Santa Fe now and then. Overall I think it is good move in the current time but in six months this could be a dumb/ redundant decision.

I agree in case sprint doing the same promotion or no contract.

Anyone know what's up with the tower on carlise n Candleria I read that was a NV tower but recently the tower was going offline for long periods of time and high failure rates for handsets trying to make or receive calls. When I first got with sprint the tower was ok on data text n calls but my iPhone keeps going to 1x allot and the 3G is on and off 7 months ago it was bad, like 1 bar but now it's improved and I get 4 to 5 circles data from 1.67mbps to 0.05 at times. I drove by to see if any crews there but no one and I saw a Cingular Wirelss sign. Sprint has told me that is the one of many most used towers in ABQ and it's undergoing LTE upgrade.

Tmo is even patchy in Santa Fe. Mid Cerillos is a dead zone. Can't even make a phone call. Tmo is god awful between ABQ and Santa Fe too. Also, indoor coverage can be pretty crappy in ABQ. Where Tmo has zero bars, Sprint usually at least has one or two. But where Tmo is good, it's very good.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

Tmo is even patchy in Santa Fe. Mid Cerillos is a dead zone. Can't even make a phone call. Tmo is god awful between ABQ and Santa Fe too. Also, indoor coverage can be pretty crappy in ABQ. Where Tmo has zero bars, Sprint usually at least has one or two. But where Tmo is good, it's very good.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

This is what i tried to tell them.  however, they took the bait today and switched.  Interesting, Tmo is making you turn in your phone for them to pay your early termination fee and it is only up to 5 lines. 

How do we tell if a stealth/flag pole site has been updated. I have three around me with very large concrete walls and i don't want to jump it to see.

As an aside, I have not seen a site like this accepted yet on the maps.

I just got a brief 1x 800 signal near Alameda and Ventura. It came on and off quickly, the signal was -98 dbm so who knows where or how far away it was. The exciting news, Ericsson hardware somewhere around here was sending out smr!

Sent from my Nexus 5

• Like 2

Don't want to keep spamming you all, but now I just connected to smr on the big I site. I'm still sitting in the same location. They must be testing, bringing smr up permanently, or my phone is just playing a very cruel prank on me.

Sent from my Nexus 5

• Like 1

I hate to be so stupid, but so what does that mean for NV? There is a sign something is being turned on?

CJ

Sent from my iPhone 5

We already know that new hardware has been installed at most of the sites in ABQ. We have seen some faster 3g around town even. With the turning on of smr voice, your will see an insane increase in voice coverage. Take my experience today for example, I was picking up a usable voice signal miles away from the broadcasting site. What this means for lte, don't know. What it could mean is that there are still NV crews in the area which could mean lte integration could, and I emphasize could, be imminent.

Sent from my Nexus 5

• Like 1

We already know that new hardware has been installed at most of the sites in ABQ. We have seen some faster 3g around town even. With the turning on of smr voice, your will see an insane increase in voice coverage. Take my experience today for example, I was picking up a usable voice signal miles away from the broadcasting site. What this means for lte, don't know. What it could mean is that there are still NV crews in the area which could mean lte integration could, and I emphasize could, be imminent.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Thanks for the clarification.

CJ

Sent from my iPhone 5

• Like 1

Sent from my Nexus 5

In building reception will improve as well