Network Vision/LTE - Tampa Market

Feech

I'm sorry would someone be kind and explain how to spot specific towers and what NV is

Network Vision is the project name for Sprint's network overhaul. Basically they are rebuilding their entire network from the ground up.

This will bring us:

• LTE
  • 800mhz ESMR (This will provide us superior coverage)
  • Up to 15% coverage increase with Sprint's traditional 1900mhz frequency
  • 4x cell capacity with the move move to 1x Advanced

Check out the difference in coverage at this link, pretty amazing stuff:

http://s4gru.forumflash.com/index.php?/blog/1/entry-34-new-network-vision-and-lte-deployment-info-released-in-sprint-webinar-today/

Talked to sprint GM at a corp store in Brandon and he said the Brandon area should be seeing something in a few weeks I hope he is right. That would be great

Take it as a rumor as the store folks don't get updates on this stuff. They are good a making stuff up though to sell a phone though.

Sent from a little old Note 2

• Like 1

Network Vision is the project name for Sprint's network overhaul. Basically they are rebuilding their entire network from the ground up.

This will bring us:

• LTE

http://s4gru.forumflash.com/index.php?/blog/1/entry-34-new-network-vision-and-lte-deployment-info-released-in-sprint-webinar-today/

Dang, that was good. You sure you're not taking lessons from Master S4GRU

• Like 1

This will bring us:

• LTE

Thank you for explaining it. I appreciate it. Now how do I spot these new towers

If you scroll through this forum you should see some pictures we have taken of sites around Tampa. Typically, NV sites have one big panel in between two smaller panels. I have yet to see one for myself, but Feech swears they are very distinctive and you will no it when you see one.

If you scroll through this forum you should see some pictures we have taken of sites around Tampa. Typically, NV sites have one big panel in between two smaller panels. I have yet to see one for myself, but Feech swears they are very distinctive and you will no it when you see one.

You haven't seen the pics?

Thank you for explaining it. I appreciate it. Now how do I spot these new towers

I'm not sure if it corresponds cuz I'm on Tapatalk but post number 321 will show you pics of configurations we are seeing in this market

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

You would be surprised. I thought I had this area pretty well mapped out between myself and you doing some riding on this side of town. My LTE record is telling me something different though. I got a feeling that Pinellas is lit up under my nose and I had no idea. If the BSID is for different sites then I have at least 7 different ones Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

The LTE Record logs all the CDMA sites you are connected to while you were connected to LTE. It is believed that your device uses the LTE Records to optimize scan for LTE. For instance, your phone logs a CDMA site in the record every time it connects to LTE. And when you connect to that CDMA site again, your device then knows it is in a LTE area, and increases the frequency it scans for LTE.

Therefore, battery life is not reduced when you are not connected to CDMA sites not reflected in your LTE Record. Because when you are not connected to a CDMA site associated with LTE, your device scans for LTE much less often. Like every 30 minutes. Presumably it scans for LTE at the same rate as EVDO when you are connected to a CDMA site that is in your LTE Record file.

Robert

• Like 1

sooo went for a drive from tampa to colorado kansas city was awesome fast alanta was eh and had hard handoffs. with a couple dead spots. the weird thing about sprints hq is the fact that if your doing 85/90 going west you actually lose service on a gs3 im on the newest prl. cant wait for nv to be completely built out!!!! i downloaded 2 seasons of a tv show and some apks in literally no time 30 meg high also :) post some screens when im not on vacation. Will be excited to get back home to try it out there.

The LTE Record logs all the CDMA sites you are connected to while you were connected to LTE. It is believed that your device uses the LTE Records to optimize scan for LTE. For instance' date=' your phone logs a CDMA site in the record every time it connects to LTE. And when you connect to that CDMA site again, your device then knows it is in a LTE area, and increases the frequency it scans for LTE.

Therefore, battery life is not reduced when you are not connected to CDMA sites not reflected in your LTE Record. Because when you are not connected to a CDMA site associated with LTE, your device scans for LTE much less often. Like every 30 minutes. Presumably it scans for LTE at the same rate as EVDO when you are connected to a CDMA site that is in your LTE Record file.

Robert[/quote']

So when your around lte area's, our phones learn that area and with start picking up lte quicker? Like it does with 3g ?

So when your around lte area's, our phones learn that area and with start picking up lte quicker? Like it does with 3g ?

Yea. That's why you see people post, "it's like my phone is learning where LTE is."

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

Yes. No. Your phone simply scans for EVDO. When NV is complete this LTE record stuff will be removed as it will non longer be needed. It will probably make a modified come back in 2600 LTE and 800 LTE devices though.