Network Vision/LTE - Tampa Market

Feech

i meant wimax sorry

iPhones are not WiMax capable. WiMax is a dying technology. It stopped being deployed almost two years ago. No one is creating WiMax devices anymore, and Apple never started. In order to use WiMax on an iPhone you need a WiMax hotspot or FreedomPop sleeve.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

• Like 1

There's life in Lakeland!

My friend is now running Sensorly, and is reporting LTE in the Lakeland Highlands area. It's south of the Polk Parkway, and east of SR 37. It's not an all map layers yet, so you may need to zoom in/out a couple of times.

• Like 1

Yeah I Sell Sprint inside the Citrus Park Mall and live right off of Anderson. I had the LTE on my phone all the way to the mall. Did a speed test and had over 17mb download. The signal is not strong enough yet to come inside the mall but still great to know that it is coming. Also selling Sprint is how I pay my bills!!! Can't wait for the day I don't have to hear "why does my phone only say 3g, I thought it was 4g".

I just mapped some spots on between Hanley and Waters - Sheldon and Waters. I Work in that plaza @ Hanley and Waters and I notice I got 4g during the day. Inside the building I got one bar of signal and download speed suk, less than .500m. Outside the building 2 bars of signal downloading little less than 5m. Still suk, but better than .050m 3g

GS3 running cm10.1 1/23 nightlies stock kernel

Edited by sirlinux

Yeah it's the tower just north of wilkey that's broadcasting. I drove over to it today it's got RUUs up and I had a strong lte signal. I wasn't able to take great photos because its located on someone property and it was set back a bit.

th_f0be175e4a4a010b34c1f2be1f3dcd8d.jpg

th_4bfbf6f7144bf2cf3a5fd6838055093b.jpg

Does Sprint transmit from any of the flagpole-style towers (54@Suncoast, I-75 near Apollo Beach, for just two examples) that are scattered around the area? If so, is there enough room to cram LTE hardware into those sites?

Does Sprint transmit from any of the flagpole-style towers (54@Suncoast, I-75 near Apollo Beach, for just two examples) that are scattered around the area? If so, is there enough room to cram LTE hardware into those sites?

If you can, donate a little bit to gain access to the sponsor maps. I don't believe there are any sites in Tampa area that aren't going to be upgraded.

I'm picking up LTE in N Wesley Chapel, near Zephyrhills. I'm mapping it in Sensorly. I'm sure it's a new tower. I just cannot say which one it is just yet. I'll be out mapping for a while. More to come... :)

Sent from my Galaxy S III

• Like 1

I'm picking up LTE in N Wesley Chapel, near Zephyrhills. I'm mapping it in Sensorly. I'm sure it's a new tower. I just cannot say which one it is just yet. I'll be out mapping for a while. More to come... :)

It looks like in Sensorly that the tower near SR 54 and 75 is broadcasting LTE now in Wesley Chapel.

It looks like in Sensorly that the tower near SR 54 and 75 is broadcasting LTE now in Wesley Chapel.

That's my best guess. I was able to get over 25mbps down near I75 & SR54. And around 7mbps down at SR54 & Morris Bridge Rd. I will map more later this evening. There was 4G all the way from near Zephyrhills, down SR54 to I75, then S to Bruce B Down. I mapped in Sensorly the whole way.

I'm back at 'University Hospital' / FL Hospital Tampa once again, as my poor grandmother is ill again. Also, picking up 4G at the hospital again...

• Like 1