Network Vision/LTE - Tampa Market

Feech

I bet its coming from the Safety Harbor tower. I posted earlier that my friends iPhone had LTE from Racetrack all the way into Hillsborough County near Memorial.

That would be one powerful tower. I hope someone maps it soon.

I was running Sensorly today using the Tasker app. Was surprised on the 618 Crosstown to get 4G at the Crosstown and Orient Rd as well as 78th St. Wondering now if that tower on 301 north of the fairgrounds is active, or if conditions were right to pick up from Bell Shoals.

I went home via veterans today I will check out the 301 tower tomorrow.

~Jeff

Hi guys I just registered, but I've been following this thread for a while. I just got 4g in Hillsborough Ave and Montague, by the Super Target I think is that mark in the map cuz I had the sensorly app on.

Hi guys I just registered, but I've been following this thread for a while. I just got 4g in Hillsborough Ave and Montague, by the Super Target I think is that mark in the map cuz I had the sensorly app on.

It's either Safety Harbor or another tower is active. Maybe the Tampa airport tower is broadcasting?

It's either Safety Harbor or another tower is active. Maybe the Tampa airport tower is broadcasting?

Nada on the Tampa Airport. I watch that roof at the Marriott every day watching for activity, as well as my phone. I'd be the first to post that as it seems like I live there.

should be Safety Harbor cuz I live in the complex just next to the mark in the map and I have no 4g at home.

I'm going now to do a speed test and to see is there is any difference between my GS3-cm10.1 and my wife's stock GS3. I will be back in couple minutes. Also I'm going to drive to the west to see if the 4g signal gets better.

I see an LTE hit on sensorly at USF. I was there today in that area but didn't notice any LTE. I find it hard to believe that it once again came from LoL.

Interesting, along with the hit I had today I wondered about the tower on 301 north but now wondering about the status of the tower off of Nebraska and Waters that has had its tower work done for some time now. Been busy at work or I'd get over there. Will be a few days though.

Interesting, along with the hit I had today I wondered about the tower on 301 north but now wondering about the status of the tower off of Nebraska and Waters that has had its tower work done for some time now. Been busy at work or I'd get over there. Will be a few days though.

I'm going tomorrow so I'll run sensorly on my trip there and see what I pick up. I take 41 down to flecher.

Is everyone switching on airplan mode and than turning it back on?

I have found that in low lte signal areas that this forces the connections to be parsed, starting with 4g. If the 3g signal is stronger than the 4g, the phone will not change on its own.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

I see an LTE hit on sensorly at USF. I was there today in that area but didn't notice any LTE. I find it hard to believe that it once again came from LoL.

It was probably taken on the top floor of SVC or Leroy Colins.

i know im not crazy there was lte in redington caught it again on the way home only one blip and itsz on gulf blvd. i have no idea what other tower that it could possibly come from theres no other active ones near...

that's what I was thinking. I'll see what I can get on the top floor of the beard parking garage which is slightly taller.

I was there the other day with my Evo LTE and got nothing. I'll be curious to see if the GS3 can find any.

I'm also surprised not seeing anything in Tampa itself. I'm happy because my area is being done but does me no good if I have to keep making left turns for LTE either. Does anyone know what 3G/4G complete means on the 3G side?

• Like 1

I'm also surprised not seeing anything in Tampa itself. I'm happy because my area is being done but does me no good if I have to keep making left turns for LTE either. Does anyone know what 3G/4G complete means on the 3G side?

It means that the 3G work has been inspected and accepted at this site. On a site marked 3G and 4G complete most likely has 3G connected to new backhaul. If it is 3G by itself, then it may not be.

Robert via Nexus 7 on Tapatalk

• Like 1

It means that the 3G work has been inspected and accepted at this site. On a site marked 3G and 4G complete most likely has 3G connected to new backhaul. If it is 3G by itself, then it may not be.

Robert via Nexus 7 on Tapatalk

I know we test LTE like crazy. Is there arything to do with the 3G to look? flip it in EVDO mode only? use my sons non LTE phone for a speed test?

I know we test LTE like crazy. Is there arything to do with the 3G to look? flip it in EVDO mode only? use my sons non LTE phone for a speed test?

It can be very difficult to get a device to connect to a specific EVDO site in an urban/suburban location.

Robert