Network Vision/LTE - Tampa Market

Feech

I can likely get out there tomorrow maybe. Unfortunately, this pesky thing people call Christmas has me on lock down. Funny how things work out. Just a week ago you were over there mapping on the way to the beach

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

I can likely get out there tomorrow maybe. Unfortunately, this pesky thing people call Christmas has me on lock down. Funny how things work out. Just a week ago you were over there mapping on the way to the beach

You're on lockdown too? :)

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

Cheap means different things to different people I pay 75 a month for WiFi with brighthouse Verizon ha there not cheap by no means especially compared to brighthouse lol

what he was trying to say it would not be worth getting the Airwave when wifi is a lot faster and worth your money

what he was trying to say it would not be worth getting the Airwave when wifi is a lot faster and worth your money

Kind of. An access point is cheaper than designing and manufacturering a femtocell LTE device.

Sent from a little old Note 2

I did do some limited testing today with the LTE that we do have. It seems that from one live LTE site to another that isn't active yet. From what I see the signal tends to drop off at about -124ish. I assume that before that point it would handoff to that tower that isn't active. These two towers are about 1.5 miles from each other.

I also did some inside testing. On the fringe of the handoff is where my GF's mom lives. My signal inside dropped to about -120ish and was able to pull about 4-6mbs

My only point of this was to illustrate that coverage in Florida is going to be awesome when all the towers are completed. I want to look at the the Hillsborough portion of the Tampa market. I imagine the towers are as tightly packed there as over here

• Like 1

I did do some limited testing today with the LTE that we do have. It seems that from one live LTE site to another that isn't active yet. From what I see the signal tends to drop off at about -124ish. I assume that before that point it would handoff to that tower that isn't active. These two towers are about 1.5 miles from each other.

I also did some inside testing. On the fringe of the handoff is where my GF's mom lives. My signal inside dropped to about -120ish and was able to pull about 4-6mbs

My only point of this was to illustrate that coverage in Florida is going to be awesome when all the towers are completed. I want to look at the the Hillsborough portion of the Tampa market. I imagine the towers are as tightly packed there as over here

I need to get back out there and do some EVO LTE testing with the new JB update. This sounds dramatically improved over my experiences. Exciting.

I need to get back out there and do some EVO LTE testing with the new JB update. This sounds dramatically improved over my experiences. Exciting.

I would love for someone that knows way more than me to get out there and run the EVO thru its paces. If I didn't know any better I would think all of you guys were full of it about the issue before the update. It's that good now.

• Like 1

As I got to work Saturday morning I noticed that the 4G was on. I think it's the tower right by Largo Mall that is up and running and I had a signal on Ulmerton Rd. from 113th Ave. all the way to US19 then south to about Brian Dairy. I also got in range of the one in south St. Pete and had a signal from I-275 down to the Pinellas Bayway exit and a little ways back west till about the toll booth. I downloaded Sensorly and have been mapping my trips trying to help the coverage map, just not sure what else I can do. I haven't been in the game long since I just upgraded to the Galaxy S3 the weekend before last. Since I was working I didn't get to drive everywhere to see how far each way it went, but I'm just excited that we finally have gotten some up and working. I drive around the whole county with work so I will continue to look for and find all the 4G service I can.

• Like 2

As I got to work Saturday morning I noticed that the 4G was on. I think it's the tower right by Largo Mall that is up and running and I had a signal on Ulmerton Rd. from 113th Ave. all the way to US19 then south to about Brian Dairy. I also got in range of the one in south St. Pete and had a signal from I-275 down to the Pinellas Bayway exit and a little ways back west till about the toll booth. I downloaded Sensorly and have been mapping my trips trying to help the coverage map, just not sure what else I can do. I haven't been in the game long since I just upgraded to the Galaxy S3 the weekend before last. Since I was working I didn't get to drive everywhere to see how far each way it went, but I'm just excited that we finally have gotten some up and working. I drive around the whole county with work so I will continue to look for and find all the 4G service I can.

Awesome, and welcome to the team! You'll like the S3 and glad you're out there mapping. With all the recent activity in the Pinellas area there are still a great deal of opportunities to fill the map. I work at the airport and am hoping to see some activity here, but understand hitting more areas to provide initial coverage is probably important too. I haven't seen any activity here at the airport yet, but that doesn't mean there isn't anything going on behind the scenes. Once again, welcome to the team and keep mapping!

I noticed today on my Note II as I got to 41 in Land O'Lakes I had full signal 3G kept watching to see when it would switch to LTE on its own. It didn't switch to LTE until I had just passed the tower heading east.

BTW also did some "war-driving" (that is the old wifi search term isn't it?) yesterday in Pasco, nothing new down east lake toward McMullen. and nothing new along 19 from Tampa Road all the way up to 52.

I was on Belcher road near Drew street this afternoon in Clearwater and my Iphone 5, 3g turned into that little round circle thing, then switched over to LTE for a few minutes. I parked at the post office and it went in and out of LTE and 3g. One thing i did notice was for the 10 minutes i sat in that location, the constant in and out of LTE drained my battery by about 10%. I hope this is not normal.. I will let you know when more service in this area shows up. I ran a speed test and it only said 4mbs down... which i assume is due to the lack of signal

I was on Belcher road near Drew street this afternoon in Clearwater and my Iphone 5, 3g turned into that little round circle thing, then switched over to LTE for a few minutes. I parked at the post office and it went in and out of LTE and 3g. One thing i did notice was for the 10 minutes i sat in that location, the constant in and out of LTE drained my battery by about 10%. I hope this is not normal.. I will let you know when more service in this area shows up. I ran a speed test and it only said 4mbs down... which i assume is due to the lack of signal

It is normal when you have a very weak LTE signal that drops back and forth. Because your device is constantly scanning, which takes a hit on battery life. LTE in normal circumstances does not have less battery life than EVDO. The big difference comes from you'll likely use your device more when you have LTE.