Network Vision/LTE - Tampa Market

Feech

I know I'll sound like a complete noob when I ask this but is Sprint's plan to have LTE coverage basically everywhere (like 3G)? Or just in the major cities.

Yes, Sprint plans to have LTE virtually everywhere they currently provide native service. The only exceptions might be Sprint's dwindling number of wholesale partners and affiliates; some are aggressively deploying LTE (like Shentel along the I-81 corridor), while some are only in preliminary stages.

But in Florida, Sprint owns the whole network, and LTE will be available virtually everywhere CDMA is now. (I say virtually since signal propagation and usability may be a bit different for LTE at the fringes of towers' ranges.)

I am finding that the iPhone hangs on to 3G as long as possible before switching over to LTE. Even toggling airplane mode will take 3G over LTE. The mapping on Sensorly is misleading because the 3G towers are taking priority. I can't connect to LTE in the lighter shades on Sensorly... only the deep purple will it switch over. Hope this isn't always the case :/

When I enter a lte area with my iPhone it picks up the lte signal immediately no hesitation at all.

Any of you guys live in Clearwater? I got LTE @60 and the bridge. I did get to map it but by the time I got to 49th street the signal was dropping to unusable, so I'm assuming it was coming from the Clearwater side

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

There is another tower in Brandon live got LTE on causeway by Walmart and steak n shake

That would be nice. If you look at the mapping from the one off of Bell Shoals it's amazing how far it reaches to the southwest.

• Like 1

That would be nice. If you look at the mapping from the one off of Bell Shoals it's amazing how far it reaches to the southwest.

I have been surprised by the coverage of the few towers that are up. Just think about all the towers that are in between the active ones. WOW

I have been surprised by the coverage of the few towers that are up. Just think about all the towers that are in between the active ones. WOW

If the coverage provided by the active towers is any indication of the range of LTE we should have excellent coverage in Pinellas once it's all complete.

Did some mapping on causeway there is a tower somewhere over their could not stay connected but was getting its up on sensorly right by 75 and causeway. I also went the oppesit way on bellshols or what ever and it goes far down that way aswell

Did some mapping on causeway there is a tower somewhere over their could not stay connected but was getting its up on sensorly right by 75 and causeway. I also went the oppesit way on bellshols or what ever and it goes far down that way aswell

I think all of that is coming from the Bell Shoals tower, since it goes just as far south with similar signal strength. Although Sensorly doesn't show it, that signal also extends east on Fish Hawk Blvd to just past Osprey Ridge Dr.

• Like 1

Bah had to toggle to 4

In seminole didn't have to my whole trip pro ally due to new ril in cm 10.1

Filled in the gaps on ulmerton on wensorly and some on us 19

Edited by TuX

I did a lot of mapping today in St. Pete and noticed that in some areas when I ran a speed test I would get LTE type speeds, even with 2 to 3 bars. But for some reason off 16 st and between 1 ave n and 9 ave n , I get better 3g speeds. I know it's early in the rollout and I'm sure they'll fix it. It just seemed weird to me to see the 4g and be so slow

Take a look at the sponsor map and see if there is another tower that's close to that signal.

The nearest tower that is in the initial launch list is off of N Valrico near Sefner.

Keep in mind that the initial launch sites may have changed for a number of reasons. It may be another. Worth a ride just to satisfy your curiosity.

The tower that is in South St Pete that is live I couldn't believe it was sending LTE all the way where it was showing on sensorly so I took a ride. Found another site was live and got the deep purple in that area. It's funny though the tower I found seems to be more of a helper to get a user to another close by tower.

Keep in mind that the initial launch sites may have changed for a number of reasons. It may be another. Worth a ride just to satisfy your curiosity.

The tower that is in South St Pete that is live I couldn't believe it was sending LTE all the way where it was showing on sensorly so I took a ride. Found another site was live and got the deep purple in that area. It's funny though the tower I found seems to be more of a helper to get a user to another close by tower.

A change in the initial deployment is my secret hope because a single northern tower and a single southern tower for all of the Brandon area is not going to cut it.