Network Vision/LTE - Tampa Market

Feech

I did some more mapping to day buy kings in brandon it is reaching a lot farther today than yesterday day. I think it will the roll out will not slow down because the holiday that's when people are buying and upgrading the phone and with sprint turning on the switch in Tampa Brandon/valrico I think they'll want to push harder to keep them in the game more

I am finding that the iPhone hangs on to 3G as long as possible before switching over to LTE. Even toggling airplane mode will take 3G over LTE. The mapping on Sensorly is misleading because the 3G towers are taking priority. I can't connect to LTE in the lighter shades on Sensorly... only the deep purple will it switch over. Hope this isn't always the case :/

samething with me

Each device must allow for different speeds or the pinellas towers are throttled back. The best i seen was 8 mpbs, not that i am complaining i just expected more than that.

the market has not officially launched
  • Like 1

Each device must allow for different speeds or the pinellas towers are throttled back. The best i seen was 8 mpbs, not that i am complaining i just expected more than that.

I've gotten over 16.8mbps off the south tower with my sg3.

give it time the market is like 3% done if that. I'm on the S3 what are you running

I've gotten over 16.8mbps off the south tower with my sg3.

I have the Iphone5 and tested several times and the best was around 8 down and high 7 upload. just wired that i see everyone else getting better speeds. As someone else said they have not offically released the sites so this might be a testing phase.

I have the Iphone5 and tested several times and the best was around 8 down and high 7 upload. just wired that i see everyone else getting better speeds. As someone else said they have not offically released the sites so this might be a testing phase.

I'm sure it'll get a lot better. Besides, as long as the LTE is faster than wimax we will be better than we were.

I have seen speed range from 4M-30M I'm happy anywhere in there to be honest. Today was the first time I was able to test inside coverage. Wasn't impressed but I also understand that we are not even close to being done yet

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Yay lte on Seminole too bad it don't reach my house. I'm one tower over on railroad from my drive to Colorado this past week I doubt it will reach my house. Especially after driving through sprints HQ they had spotty at best in their own state not just 4g but 3g. But all my speeds were over 13megs . the lowest was 8. Well see if railroad goes up soon

Edited by TuX

well that's your problem you hot the iPhone lol J/K . I believe they'll get better

Yay lte on Seminole too bad it don't reach my house. I'm one tower over on railroad from my drive to Colorado this past week I doubt it will reach my house. Especially after driving through sprints HQ they had spotty at best in their own state not just 4g but 3g. But all my speeds were over 13megs . the lowest was 8. Well see if railroad goes up soon

Wondering when you were gonna pop up.. Welcome to the party

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

I'm like you Tux. I'm about 4 blocks away from LTE. It seems to be getting closer and closer by the day.

On my way home yesterday, I passed by the Land O' Lakes tower again. I resisted the urge to toggle my phone in/out of airplane mode, to see what would happen. I was disappointed to see that my phone (Moto Photon Q) didn't switch to 4G, even when I was right underneath the tower. Once I toggled, I got the 4G connection.

Is this an issue with my phone's settings (set to Sprint Only), or are the phones not actively searching for LTE, until the market is officially live?

While I was in the area, I went into a little more uncharted territory, testing the coverage through the Lake Padgett development, via Parkway Blvd. Probably not strong enough for in-building coverage in that area yet. But the southern half of that large neighborhood, has outdoor coverage at least.

On my way home yesterday, I passed by the Land O' Lakes tower again. I resisted the urge to toggle my phone in/out of airplane mode, to see what would happen. I was disappointed to see that my phone (Moto Photon Q) didn't switch to 4G, even when I was right underneath the tower. Once I toggled, I got the 4G connection.

Is this an issue with my phone's settings (set to Sprint Only), or are the phones not actively searching for LTE, until the market is officially live?

While I was in the area, I went into a little more uncharted territory, testing the coverage through the Lake Padgett development, via Parkway Blvd. Probably not strong enough for in-building coverage in that area yet. But the southern half of that large neighborhood, has outdoor coverage at least.

its just a matter of timing. One time my phone didn't connect until I was under the tower and one time it collected immediately on the very brisk of LTE coverage. All luck that just depends on when your phone last scanned for LTE. Remember they only scan every 5-30 mins based on your phone.