Network Vision/LTE - Tampa Market

Feech

Hi everyone,

Sorry about the slow updates today. Sometimes we have to do a little maintenance and this one took longer than planned. When that happens new data received doesn't get added to the maps and when we start processing the backlog of data, the servers get a little overwhelmed and have trouble receiving new data. Once the backlog is processed and queued for redraw, your phones can send easily again.

From what I see at this time :

• the backlog of received data has been processed
  • most of the backlog of data has been drawn but zooms 13 & 14 are still late to the party (approximately the middle of the zoom range), I expect they'll be up to date in about 6 hours at most
  • phones are able to send the data without running into errors

Zooming in/out is a good tip because we don't update all zoom levels at the same time (or even areas within the zoom level) : there is some optimisation going on behind the scenes. The more you zoom, the more often it gets updated.

Let me know if you see anything missing tomorrow.

Thanks

PS: Thanks to Rick for tipping me about this thread

• Like 7

I wonder if this tower will cover like Wesley chapel

Probably not. The Wesley Chapel/Land o Lakes site is in a more rural area. It has to cover more square mileage between sites, so it is deployed higher with panels pointed with little downtilt. More suburban and urban sites are designed for capacity and this have more downtilt and cover much less area (on average).

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

• Like 1

Probably not. The Wesley Chapel/Land o Lakes site is in a more rural area. It has to cover more square mileage between sites, so it is deployed higher with panels pointed with little downtilt. More suburban and urban sites are designed for capacity and this have more downtilt and cover much less area (on average).

We have all been pretty impressed with the coverage from that site... Now do you think it has always been like that and we are just now noticing or are we seeing that 15% increase in coverage from the NV panels?

We have all been pretty impressed with the coverage from that site... Now do you think it has always been like that and we are just now noticing or are we seeing that 15% increase in coverage from the NV panels?

That's part of it. However, most LTE sites are set with downtilt up to ten degrees higher to maximize coverage. When the adjacent sites come online, they can remotely turn down the downtilt to design parameters. This will allow signals to get denser and stronger.

• Like 1

Hi everyone,

Sorry about the slow updates today. Sometimes we have to do a little maintenance and this one took longer than planned. When that happens new data received doesn't get added to the maps and when we start processing the backlog of data, the servers get a little overwhelmed and have trouble receiving new data. Once the backlog is processed and queued for redraw, your phones can send easily again.

From what I see at this time :

• the backlog of received data has been processed
  • most of the backlog of data has been drawn but zooms 13 & 14 are still late to the party (approximately the middle of the zoom range), I expect they'll be up to date in about 6 hours at most
  • phones are able to send the data without running into errors

Zooming in/out is a good tip because we don't update all zoom levels at the same time (or even areas within the zoom level) : there is some optimisation going on behind the scenes. The more you zoom, the more often it gets updated.

Let me know if you see anything missing tomorrow.

Thanks

PS: Thanks to Rick for tipping me about this thread

Thanks a bunch for dropping by with that information. -Rick

I am finding that the iPhone hangs on to 3G as long as possible before switching over to LTE. Even toggling airplane mode will take 3G over LTE. The mapping on Sensorly is misleading because the 3G towers are taking priority. I can't connect to LTE in the lighter shades on Sensorly... only the deep purple will it switch over. Hope this isn't always the case :/

I think the radio in the iphone is not as strong at in the android devices. I live near a lot that was mapped yesterday and out of my car on the street that has been mapped i get nothing. I tried cycling into airplane mode and power cycling the phone nothing. I was able to pick up signal along belcher rd but was only a bar or 2 and slow speeds. Maybe i have a faulty iphone5

I think the radio in the iphone is not as strong at in the android devices. I live near a lot that was mapped yesterday and out of my car on the street that has been mapped i get nothing. I tried cycling into airplane mode and power cycling the phone nothing. I was able to pick up signal along belcher rd but was only a bar or 2 and slow speeds. Maybe i have a faulty iphone5

This is partially true. I read in another post somewhere that the iPhone is a bit more picky with when it will allow an LTE connection. If it senses that the signal is too weak, it will go to 3G instead.

• Like 1

I can tell my 5 wants to pick up the signal.

It'll just drop to the 'O' from 3G and drop a few bars. Then for a second it'll stay then go back to 3G again. It's almost like it would at her have strong 3G then weak LTE. Which makes sense.

I am finding that the iPhone hangs on to 3G as long as possible before switching over to LTE. Even toggling airplane mode will take 3G over LTE. The mapping on Sensorly is misleading because the 3G towers are taking priority. I can't connect to LTE in the lighter shades on Sensorly... only the deep purple will it switch over. Hope this isn't always the case :/

Nothing misleading about Sensorly. That just seems to be a fault with the iPhone. Hopefully that gets corrected for all of you iPhone users though.

I would agree with you but.... my husband has the SG3 and he did not pick up the 4G either until we were right next to the tower in LOL. Both phones hung on to the 3G as long as possible.

Did he do the airplane toggle? They aren't continuously scanning. Download my LTE Discovery app for Android and drive through the area again and see what happens.