Network Vision/LTE - Tampa Market

Feech

Looking at the Sensorly Sprint 4G/LTE maps of the towers in Land O Lakes, St Pete and Spring Hill, it's kind of amazing to see how far the individual towers cover. I can't wait for more towers to get LTE. Especially the Sprint tower on SR54 in Wesley Chapel, just West of Eiland Blvd. That tower is less than half a mile from my house. I can walk out of my front door and see it peeking out of the trees. I may get my telephoto camera lense out to see if I can spot any NV panels & RRUs on the tower...

Sent from my Galaxy S III

I just jumped on I 75 heading south at State Road 54 this morning and started mapping on Sensorly. I had to toggle mobile data to pick up 4g. But connected to 4G just south of State Road 54, before the rest areas. The 4g continued down I 75, and then continued down I 275. I had to toggle airplane mode several times but I was able to get 4g intermittently almost to Livingston. Like before, I think there is another closer 3G tower nearer by that my phone switches to.

• Like 1

I had my 4g flash on and off a couple times on MLK and 1st ave. s. I'm no longer in that area and my phone has been on 3g for the last 10 minutes. I'm down in Pinellas Point now. When I head back in I'll go back that way and post if I find anything.

I was getting 14-19 down and 3-4 up I'll post screen shots when I get home when I got back on 75 I lost LTE right before Fletcher. When they are at about 50% it is going to be so nice can't wait

I couldnt acquire LTE anywhere on 75 from Fletcher to BB Downs. Wonder of the Evo radio still doesn't want to lock onto a signal that weak. Do you know how good the signal was by any chance?

I was just at a site working on some of our equipment in seminole where sprint shares the tower space. The cabinets are set and panels are up but were not connected. I have some picture on my phone that i will upload in a few minutes.

• Like 1

This is the tower on Starkey Rd in seminole, i figured i would look while i was there working on our equipment.

https://www.dropbox....5%2014%20PM.jpg

https://www.dropbox....5%2032%20PM.jpg

https://www.dropbox....7%2044%20PM.jpg

https://www.dropbox....7%2048%20PM.jpg

Its not on yet is it? That tower is on the in progress map, panels have been up for awhile. I live near that tower too but for some reason I forget about it because its outside of my regular route

Its not on yet is it? That tower is on the in progress map, panels have been up for awhile. I live near that tower too but for some reason I forget about it because its outside of my regular route

No there was some seal tight that looks like it needs power, they were hanging there next to the power panel with pull string in them. I got to finally see the new equipment up close. We are currently mounting some equipment on the tower at the top and i was there mounting the equipment in our rack. I will be out there later this week connecting out firewall and IP equipment. I will take another look then.

• Like 1

No there was some seal tight that looks like it needs power, they were hanging there next to the power panel with pull string in them. I got to finally see the new equipment up close. We are currently mounting some equipment on the tower at the top and i was there mounting the equipment in our rack. I will be out there later this week connecting out firewall and IP equipment. I will take another look then.

What do you do exactly if I can ask? You live in Pinellas Park?

I couldnt acquire LTE anywhere on 75 from Fletcher to BB Downs. Wonder of the Evo radio still doesn't want to lock onto a signal that weak. Do you know how good the signal was by any chance?

It was between 1-2 bard I was getting 3-5 down and 700-1 up

I was getting 14-19 down and 3-4 up I'll post screen shots when I get home when I got back on 75 I lost LTE right before Fletcher. When they are at about 50% it is going to be so nice can't wait

I linked my speed test on an earlier post. I got 31.96 down and 8.35 up at the Land O Lakes tower! Pretty impressive numbers :)

• Like 2

While driving home & running an errand I continued some more Sensorly mapping around the LTE tower in Land O Lakes.

I was able to keep a 4G connection on SR54, North of the SR56 fork, East of the tower. 4G stayed connected almost to the small airport on SR54. I was also able to pickup 4G after turning South from SR54 onto Bruce B Downs. The signal came and went as I drove S on BBD. I then drove into the Seven Oaks Subdivision, driving N on Ancient Oaks @ SR56 near Sams Club. I was able to get 4G off and on in the subdivision almost to the I75/SR54 exit area.

I believe the hit or miss nature of the connection was due to obstructions like buildings & trees, etc. Also, I had to toggle mobile data anytime I lost the 4G connection. I wouldn't expect to get 4G well at the edges of the area. That is until more near by towers get LTE...

Also, all of the new mapping should be on Sensorly already...