Network Vision/LTE - Tampa Market

Feech

Actually doing that is less chance of finding LTE. Your phone will be busy sending up data on 3g instead of looking for 4g. It won't switch up to 4G while and active 3g connection is going.

Sent from a little old Note 2

Yes correct! My bad.

Hey something to think about guys. We have a couple of bowl games coming up here shortly. The Beef O Brady Bowl here in St Petersburg and the Outback Bowl in Tampa. I know the Outback is a big one and the teams playing are legit and the fans travel. I'm gonna keep the Trop on my radar and will do a few trips over to check starting this weekend. If you guys are close to Raymond James might want to keep your eyes peeled especially over there

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

So I have a question if I do the dial code ##data and make it so LTE is on. All the time would that mean I am always looking g for LTE. I noticed when I do that it puts my phone in global mode.I have the S3. Ooo one more question what would be the best settings to get a good lte switch from 3g

Hey something to think about guys. We have a couple of bowl games coming up here shortly. The Beef O Brady Bowl here in St Petersburg and the Outback Bowl in Tampa. I know the Outback is a big one and the teams playing are legit and the fans travel. I'm gonna keep the Trop on my radar and will do a few trips over to check starting this weekend. If you guys are close to Raymond James might want to keep your eyes peeled especially over there

I am hoping to get tickets to the Outback bowl. Would love to have LTE in there lol.

If you are talking about Spring Hill, that was me earlier today driving in the area.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

I saw your tracks but it looks like the tracks are now further north

I was at that tequila bar right by it and full signal but slow speeds lack of back? I was on ehrdp

That was me further north! Went as far north as the cvs on mariner and springhill dr then went towards 19. Worked great for me top speed of 24mbps down.

I went a bit north, but looks like someone took my north track a bit to the west also. Good, hope the blob keeps growing :) Also, I did go east/west too and looks like that tower may have good coverage. As I said, I could see the groupings of the RRUs a good ways away. Being that they are at the top of the tower will help in its coverage.

Now.. let's start to see some blobs in St. Pete next!

No activity at any of the sites I have seen in the Riverview area yet. I am constantly scanning to and from the airport also and swing slightly out of my way by the downtown completed sites also.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

I should have been monitoring this thread long ago!

Great to see LTE finally making an appearance on Sprint's network in this area.

I live in central Pasco (near 52/Suncoast) and commute to Tampa (near 275/Dale Mabry), usually either via the Suncoast Parkway, or Dale Mabry. I'll try to watch for signs of 4G life in my travels.

I also saw tower work taking place this week, on the Pinellas side of the Howard Frankland Bridge. It's a shared site, so I'm not sure if the work was for Sprint, or one of the other carriers. I'll be optimistic, and assume that they are prepping for LTE service along I-275.

Quick question: My phone (Moto Photon Q) can be set to either "Sprint Only" or "CDMA/4G." Will the "Sprint Only" option search for 4G sites, in addition to CDMA? Is one more aggressive at trying to find 4G coverage, than the other?

I'm not far from the reported 4G coverage in the Shady Hills area, but not close enough to reach it from home. Going for a ride...back later! :)

• Like 1

That was me. I work up there and had some time to kill between meetings. Took it north and then west and east on Sping Hill Drive.
  • Like 1

Quick update:

Out of curiosity, I had to take the 15-minute drive to the Shady Hills area. Parked at Shady Hills/County Line, started/stopped airplane mode, and saw that my LTE-capable phone finally had some LTE. Heading east on County Line, I could not carry the 4G signal as far as the Suncoast Parkway, and on my drive back home, I found nothing yet along the parkway itself.

Speeds are impressive. My best upload speed (out of two tests) was 28Mbit, and best down was 14.5Mbit. Should have used the speed test in Sensorly, but didn't think about it. Used the Speedtest.net app instead. Hopefully, there won't be much of a speed drop, when more users get on the network.

I'm just glad that "Coming Soon" has at least been upgraded to "kinda-sorta here."

Looking forward to seeing the coverage drift further south.

• Like 2

CSRs for Sprint have a reputation for being notoriously wrong about issues like that.

That being said though definitely keep your eyes peeled we at least know something is going on in the area and should be more. Look for panels first and foremost. I don't get that far north in the county to look. SR-60 and south is mainly my focus.