Network Vision/LTE - Tampa Market

Feech

It could be the one on Hillsborough Ave just west of the Veterans. It has nv equipment all ready to go.

Also, based on some Sensorly mapping I see, and from my recent drives near there, that there must be a tower on Davis Island that is active.

Newbie here, contemplating the Galaxy 4S presale tonight.

It seems pretty difficult to get a comprehensive idea of how the Pinellas side of the Tampa market LTE rollout is coming; can anyone summarize for me? Sensorly's map crashes when I try to switch to LTE from WiMAX, and Sprint's map, of course, isn't admitting to anything.

I spend most of my time at 46thAv/66thSt N, 11thAv/49thSt N, and 22ndAv/34th S.

It seems pretty difficult to get a comprehensive idea of how the Pinellas side of the Tampa market LTE rollout is coming; can anyone summarize for me? Sensorly's map crashes when I try to switch to LTE from WiMAX, and Sprint's map, of course, isn't admitting to anything.

Load it on your PC or another device. It is a simple map and shouldn't crash anything.

Sent from my little Note2

You will be in good areas for lte with those cross streets. East of 275 is a different story. There's very little lte east of 275.

FWIW, I had no trouble with Sensorly switching to other overlays, just Sprint LTE. And I was on a laptop, as I am now. Let me try it again:

[ tries again ]

Yup; this time it worked. Should I infer from the fact that the WiMax map is all 5-bar, that their app can't pull reliable signal strength readings from the radio, since the LTE map does, in fact, show differences in strength. My experience of WiMAX is that it's not *nearly* that solid in this county.

Thanks for the pointers, folks; I guess I'll order the phone after all.

PS: if anyone's inside sensorly: that map should be relabeled "Sprint - 4G LTE". "Sprint - 4G" is what Sprint *itself* labels the WiMAX product.

Edited by Baylink

Although the Marriott site at the airport is not yet active, a site nearby has either gone online or an existing one had some antennas aligned as I noticed some different lte signal strengths driving into the airport this morning.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

After a great deal of time observing the Marriott site I finally see a large crew of workers up there. Some slung over the side of the building near existing antennas, others near cabinets. With any luck, this is the Sprint crew we have been waiting to see.

• Like 1

The Windhorst Rd and Taylor Rd site in Brandon is live. I mapped a little, will try to do more later.

Nice... and what a long time that took to bring online. I'm trying to remember how long ago it was when I drove by that site after the panels were up. It has been a while.

On another note, I saw the tower dogs up on the tower finishing the Sprint panel/RRU installs on the tower on US-41 just north of Gibsonton Dr. today. Hopefully that one will come up faster than the Windhorst site.

I won't be back in the Brandon area for a while, so I won't be able to map the Windhorst site for a while. I don't know if anyone else lives nearby to help map.

I'll take a ride around there in the morning.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

• Like 1

Do any of you guys spend time near the Clearwater/St Petersburg airport? How has your data been over there.

I work in the area and it has been horrendous lately. On the way home I see that a tower close to my job now has panels set. I am also getting flashes of 4G in my office which is a black hole for signals

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Do any of you guys spend time near the Clearwater/St Petersburg airport? How has your data been over there.

I work in the area and it has been horrendous lately. On the way home I see that a tower close to my job now has panels set. I am also getting flashes of 4G in my office which is a black hole for signals

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

The Windhorst site is active. I did map some of it just now. Interesting that a cabinet, which I saw a long while back when this site was first worked on, that looked like it was just heaved over the fence as trash, is laying out in the field next to the fence.

Stupid tapatalk....

Anyway, I have not seen new work or LTE at the intersection as of yesterday. A strong LTE signal does 'leak' from accrue the Alafia River from a site directly to the south.

Stupid tapatalk....

Anyway, I have not seen new work or LTE at the intersection as of yesterday. A strong LTE signal does 'leak' from accrue the Alafia River from a site directly to the south.

He/she stated that the tower at that intersection was just turned on. I have no way to confirm.

He/she stated that the tower at that intersection was just turned on. I have no way to confirm.

I wish I would have seen this earlier, I would have went to confirm this morning on my way back from running errands and passing by the Windhorst Rd. site. If I am in that area I will check it out, but as Saudaqeta mentioned, it doesn't appear any work has gone on there.

I wish I would have seen this earlier, I would have went to confirm this morning on my way back from running errands and passing by the Windhorst Rd. site. If I am in that area I will check it out, but as Saudaqeta mentioned, it doesn't appear any work has gone on there.

I can say for certain though, that the site at the Veterans Expressway and Waters Avenue is lit now.

post-517-0-03677800-1366412539_thumb.png

• Like 1

I can say for certain though, that the site at the Veterans Expressway and Waters Avenue is lit now.

Was just at the AMC theater there and got great LTE inside.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

• Like 1