What do you use your lte connection for?

khammondnm

When I get my lte connection someday (Albuquerque), it sure will be nice cruising these forums at 20 mbps.

What are people with lte doing with their connection that they couldn't before?

Sent from my Dark Jelly Belly using Tapatalk 2

...it sure will be nice cruising these forums at 20 mbps.

Yeah, if only you have a 20 Mbps connection, S4GRU is amazing. Robert appears as a 3-D hologram and reads every post to you in 7.1 channel audio.

AJ

For me, and this was true of WiMax, too, it's just the improved responsiveness. It's like being at home on a WiFi network, instead of limping along at 3G speeds. Granted, 3G will be better, once all the towers are upgraded, but it still isn't/won't be fast enough to compare to the 25Mbps of my home cable connection. I very nearly use my phone exclusively, so having the same experience away from home means I end up having a more consistently enjoyable time using it. I play games and keep up with friends far more than I ever actually talk on it! So, it's much more important for me to have fast, reliable data, these days. There are times I miss WiMax, but then I end up somewhere that LTE is up and running, and the increased speed is very noticeable and renews my hope to have it everywhere (particularly my office), soon.

Yeah' date=' if only you have a 20 Mbps connection, S4GRU is amazing. Robert appears as a 3-D hologram and reads every post to you in 7.1 channel audio.

AJ[/quote']

Hey, you're picking on a fellow New Mexican now. We tend to stick together!

;)

Robert via Samsung Galaxy S-III 32GB using Forum Runner

• Like 1

Yeah, if only you have a 20 Mbps connection, S4GRU is amazing. Robert appears as a 3-D hologram and reads every post to you in 7.1 channel audio.

AJ

Chat room will be video chat over cellular! ;)

Sent from my Dark Jelly Belly using Tapatalk 2

Hey, you're picking on a fellow New Mexican now. We tend to stick together!

Watch it, bud. I can pick on you, too. If only you had a 20 Mbps connection, you could keep open 37 browser tabs and reload all of them at the same time.

;)

AJ

Watch it' date=' bud. I can pick on you, too. If only you had a 20 Mbps connection, you could keep open 37 browser tabs and reload all of them at the same time.

;)

AJ[/quote']

It hurts because it is true. :(

Robert via Samsung Galaxy S-III 32GB using Forum Runner

AJ

Hey, mine's only in 5.1 Surround Sound! How do I get 7.1? And, don't tell me any silliness about adding more speakers! It should just work, right?

For me, having reliable SV-data will be nice (I don't get that now for some reason). And of course having web pages load more quickly. But I can do that on NV-upgraded 3G.

For LTE, tethering (with the Mobile Hotspot plan) is a plus, but the more likely usage wil be pushing photos and videos that I take with my phone to the web without having to wait until I'm back in WiFi range. Heck, if I need to broadcast an event on Ustream or similar and don't have WiFi available, LTE should do just fine, with enough upstream capacity to allow for a high-quality stream 100% of the time.

I might end up doing the occasional G+ hangout over cellular, or download a podcast before hopping on a bus or plane. Or maybe an album from AmazonMP3 so I can use Winamp gapless playback rather than streaming the darned thing multiple times.

...and I'll be able to do all this wherever I have a decent LTE signal, without waiting several seconds for things to start loading.

Edited by iansltx

Yeah' date=' if only you have a 20 Mbps connection, S4GRU is amazing. Robert appears as a 3-D hologram and reads every post to you in 7.1 channel audio.

AJ[/quote']

Once sprint rolls out LTE advanced with carrier aggregation, S4GRU turns whatever room you are in into a holodeck simulation with all the S4GRU staff for interactions. Keep the safety mechanism in place though because they haven't been able to work the bugs out of my character and it is said to be very liberal with a "ban" hammer.

• Like 1

I will likely turn on tethering to fill in at work when our awful AT&T U-Verse connection goes out. Rather annoying to have your internet go down when your entire operation (including your VoIP phones) works over the internet. This way, we could at least keep processing sales and whatnot. I've done it before on 3G, but it's unbearable for certain operations.