Network Vision/LTE - Austin Market

t3lancer2007

Please go more into detail about "Overuse." What am I left to do with no ability to have Internet at my house?

I am sorry for your predicament. But it is hardly Sprint's responsibility to provide you with a simulacrum of home ISP access -- especially at the opportunity cost of other Sprint users in your area. For legitimate home broadband, maybe you should consider moving or locating your work space elsewhere.

The whole reason I signed a contract with Sprint was for unlimited usage. I wasn't intending to be unreasonable, and Sprint leaves throttling, limiting or reducing data rates in any way very vague and unclear.

No, I seem to recall another staff member pointing out that the top five percent of "unlimited" data users may be throttled. How is that not clear?

AJ

Please go more into detail about "Overuse." What am I left to do with no ability to have Internet at my house? The whole reason I signed a contract with Sprint was for unlimited usage. I wasn't intending to be unreasonable, and Sprint leaves throttling, limiting or reducing data rates in any way very vague and unclear. Sure outlined very clearly is that they will cut you off for intentionally tethering and using the phone like a modem, but what about usage only accumulated through the use of the phones data connection? Others seem to go crazy on b41 speedtesting accumulating around 30 gigabytes of usage... They sure aren't throttled getting advertised speeds.

Sent from my Shiny Band 41 capable Space Gray iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

The site you connect to may be congested, in which the top data users would be throttled. If the site is not congested then you don't get throttled regardless of how much data you have used.

I am sorry for your predicament. But it is hardly Sprint's responsibility to provide you with a simulacrum of home ISP access -- especially at the opportunity cost of other Sprint users in your area. For legitimate home broadband, maybe you should consider moving or locating your work space elsewhere.

No, I seem to recall another staff member pointing out that the top five percent of "unlimited" data users may be throttled. How is that not clear?

AJ

The site I posted images of is not near my house at all. It makes this conversation unnecessary, B41 is not even available at my address. Frankly, I am sorry to have bothered you. You seem to have a shallow or standoffish way you are addressing me in, and I don't care for it. I didn't ask to be ridiculed, my apologies if I'm just another s4gru member. Like it's reasonable to move from my house... Have a good night.

The site I posted images of is not near my house at all. It makes this conversation unnecessary, B41 is not even available at my address. Frankly, I am sorry to have bothered you. You seem to have a shallow or standoffish way you are addressing me in, and I don't care for it. I didn't ask to be ridiculed, my apologies if I'm just another s4gru member. Like it's reasonable to move from my house... Have a good night.

It doesn't matter what site you are connected to. If you are a heavy user, and the site is underperforming, you may be throttled. Anywhere on the network. 

It doesn't matter what site you are connected to. If you are a heavy user, and the site is underperforming, you may be throttled. Anywhere on the network.

I understand that fully. Without any doubts. I just didn't appreciate the WiWavelength was acting towards me.

• 2 weeks later...

Should I stay with Sprint?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd just do a T-Mobile test drive. If you are looking for a home ISP replacement then maybe T-Mobile has an upgraded tower near you but my experience with trying out T-Mobile is the coverage and speeds in the core urban are great but the high speed towers really get sparse as you head toward the edge (get it?) of town.

• Like 1

I'd just do a T-Mobile test drive. If you are looking for a home ISP replacement then maybe T-Mobile has an upgraded tower near you but my experience with trying out T-Mobile is the coverage and speeds in the core urban are great but the high speed towers really get sparse as you head toward the edge (get it?) of town.

Oh I've tested out their network plenty. I have a metro pcs phone. There is a 10x10 tower near me.

Oh I've tested out their network plenty. I have a metro pcs phone. There is a 10x10 tower near me.

It feels like you are looking for everyone here to explain why you should stay with Sprint but the truth is most of us would say go with what matches your needs the best. If pulling big speeds at your house to act as home internet is what your needs are then T-Mobile is probably a good fit. I personally think Sprint has better overall coverage in town but I have friends who are happy on T-Mobile.

• Like 2

So I'm stuck on Sprint for the near future. I was wondering about the prioritized b41 rollout... I know they are targeting more congested areas, but I have a feeling they're not just going to roll out b41 on a tower that's never had clear service am I right?

So I'm stuck on Sprint for the near future. I was wondering about the prioritized b41 rollout... I know they are targeting more congested areas, but I have a feeling they're not just going to roll out b41 on a tower that's never had clear service am I right?

Most targeted sites never had clear. Sites colocated with clear are often lower priority.

Sent from my Nexus 5

That makes sense. Now I just have to wait. Hopefully b41 will actually reach indoors... [emoji15]

It does. And is usable at a lower signal than B25/26. The new equipment has slightly better performance than the clear sites.

Sent from my Nexus 5

It does. And is usable at a lower signal than B25/26. The new equipment has slightly better performance than the clear sites.

Sent from my Nexus 5

How on par would you say it compares to b25? Assuming 8t8r radios. I get about -102 on b25 in my house.

So the RootMetrics report for Austin should be out soon. I predict that T-Mobile may be in the top 2 with Verizon (due to how fast T-Mobile is here) and AT&T fighting Sprint for 3rd and 4th.

Maybe Sprint can prove me wrong and snake a 2nd place here though.

• Like 1

So the RootMetrics report for Austin should be out soon. I predict that T-Mobile may be in the top 2 with Verizon (due to how fast T-Mobile is here) and AT&T fighting Sprint for 3rd and 4th.

Maybe Sprint can prove me wrong and snake a 2nd place here though.

We shall see.