Greetings from San Diego

snowtrooper1966

Greetings!

Looking forward to LTE deployment info here.

Currently running 3 Sprint 4S's (My black 64GB, Wife's white 32GB and son, Snowtrooper jr's Black 16GB) severly crippled locally on overloaded Sprint 3G service.

Thinking about upgrading to new iPhone this month IF it HAS 4G LTE and it IF will be supported on Sprint's 4G LTE network frequency of 800/1900 mHz.

Greetings!

Currently running 3 Sprint 4S's (My black 64GB, Wife's white 32GB and son, Snowtrooper jr's Black 16GB) severly crippled locally on overloaded Sprint 3G service.

Thinking about upgrading to new iPhone this month IF it HAS 4G LTE and it IF will be supported on Sprint's 4G LTE network frequency of 800/1900 mHz.

Do it. The new iPhone will be supported on Sprint's network. Major legal battles will be held if it is not. It has already been leaked that Sprint has made a multi-year commitment to Apple, which would make sense to carry on through future phones.

On Apple's side, if they don't include LTE, they will miss out, and potentially loose their standing as the most popular smartphone brand. So, come September 12th (or 15th), whenever they begin pre-orders, I would say get the iPhone 5.

PS... Sprint is giving $250 in buy back for iPhone 4S 16GB right now... free phone anyone?? And even if they drop the price when the 5 comes out, the iPhone 4 currently sits at $150, so I don't see it getting lower.... that is one nice deal! (if your eligible.. ;) )

Greetings!

Currently running 3 Sprint 4S's (My black 64GB' date=' Wife's white 32GB and son, Snowtrooper jr's Black 16GB) severly crippled locally on overloaded Sprint 3G service.

Thinking about upgrading to new iPhone this month IF it HAS 4G LTE and it IF will be supported on Sprint's 4G LTE network frequency of 800/1900 mHz.[/quote']

Welcome to S4GRU. I think the next iPhone will support Sprint LTE on 1900, and there is a good chance it will have CDMA 800 support. But I think the chances are low it will support LTE on 800 at this point.

Robert via Samsung Galaxy S-III 32GB using Forum Runner

Thanks, guys!

I am hopefull that the new iPhone will indeed support Sprint's LTE.

I have faith in the network vision, and believe my data speed issues will be sorted out. That's why I did not bail out when I first discovered the network log jamb shortly after 4S launch.

No way Apple would approve use of flagship device on crippled network if there were no "vision"....

I have an executive trouble ticket associated with my FCC complaint, and have been able to get Sprint to refund my "premium data fees" for all three lines on a quarterly basis.

Again, feel they have been responsive and am willing to wait it out.

I am currently trying to get them to allow me a subsidized upgrade for the new iPhone as partial compensation for my data speed woes, since I am not eligible for such an upgrade until June next year....

Thanks, guys!

I am hopefull that the new iPhone will indeed support Sprint's LTE.

I have faith in the network vision, and believe my data speed issues will be sorted out. That's why I did not bail out when I first discovered the network log jamb shortly after 4S launch.

No way Apple would approve use of flagship device on crippled network if there were no "vision"....

I have an executive trouble ticket associated with my FCC complaint, and have been able to get Sprint to refund my "premium data fees" for all three lines on a quarterly basis.

Again, feel they have been responsive and am willing to wait it out.

I am currently trying to get them to allow me a subsidized upgrade for the new iPhone as partial compensation for my data speed woes, since I am not eligible for such an upgrade until June next year....

How did you get Sprint to refund our "premium data fees"? That sounds like something all of SD county would like to hear about.

A LOT of time on the phone...

Essentially was able to get them to concede that my poor 3G data speeds were in fact due to network oveload.

Not the iPhone, not a tower outage or the need to reset my PRL, as was the standard CSR responses for the first few months.

As sated above, I told them I believed they would get the data speed issues resolved and was willing to wait it out, but that I thought it was misleading (hence the FCC complaint) that I was paying 10 dollar per line "premium data charge" when I was getting 1/3 of their minimum advertised speed during peak usage times.

I have since had them credit my account those fees (3x10 for 3 month chunks, 90 bucks) in December, March and June..

Since the FCC complaint initiated an unclosable executive trouble ticket, they have been fairly accommodating.....

Welcome to S4GRU. I think the next iPhone will support Sprint LTE on 1900, and there is a good chance it will have CDMA 800 support. But I think the chances are low it will support LTE on 800 at this point.

Robert via Samsung Galaxy S-III 32GB using Forum Runner

Interesting.

Looks like you are suggesting they will be using both freq for LTE deployment?

From what little research I've done, 800 would be preferred, with it's longer decay.....

Interesting.

Looks like you are suggesting they will be using both freq for LTE deployment?

From what little research I've done' date=' 800 would be preferred, with it's longer decay.....[/quote']

Yes. LTE 1900 is being deployed now in Network Vision. LTE 800 will start in the second half of 2013.

Robert via CM9 Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

I am wondering if 800 mHz deployment in San Diego county may be slow due to the frequency usage issues in the border area. We really need Sprint to use 800 mHz in the backcountry here since there is little to no coverage with Sprint 1900 mHz.

I am wondering if 800 mHz deployment in San Diego county may be slow due to the frequency usage issues in the border area. We really need Sprint to use 800 mHz in the backcountry here since there is little to no coverage with Sprint 1900 mHz.

LTE 800 may be limited to just a 3x3 carrier in San Diego County. However, I am hopeful that the U.S./Mexican Government will have something worked out by the second half of next year that may allow the full 5x5 LTE 800 carrier in border areas.

Robert

• large.unreadcontent.png.6ef00db54e758d06

• gallery_1_23_9202.png

• Excuse my rookie comments here, but after enabling *#73#, it seems that the rainbow sim V2? requires n70 (I turned it off along with n71 - was hoping to track n66) to be available else it switches to T-Mobile.  So this confirms my suspicion that you need to be close to a site to get on Dish.  Have no idea why they don't just use plmn. To test, I put it into a s21 ultra, rebooted twice, came up on T-Mobile (no n70 on s21).  Tried to manually register on 313340, but it did not connect (tried twice). I am on factory unlocked firmware but used a s22 hack to get *#73# working.  Tried what you were suggesting with a T-Mobile sim partially installed, but that was very unstable with Dish ( I think they had figured that one out).  [edit: and now I see Boost sent me a successful device swap notice which says I can now begin to use my new device.  Sigh.  Will try again later and wait for this message - too impatient.]
    • Hopefully this indicates T-Mobile hasn't completely abandoned mmwave and/or small cells? But then again this is the loop, so take that as you will. Hopefully now that most macro activity is done (besides rural colo/builds), they will start working on small cells.   
    • This has been approved.. https://www.cnet.com/tech/mobile/fcc-approves-t-mobiles-deal-to-purchase-mint-mobile/  
    • In the conference call they had two question on additional spectrum. One was the 800 spectrum. They are not certain what will happen, thus have not really put it into their plans either way (sale or no sale). They do have a reserve level. Nationwide 800Mhz is seen as great for new technologies which I presume is IOT or 5g slices.  T-Mobile did not bite on use of their c-band or DOD.  mmWave rapidly approaching deadlines not mentioned at all. FWA brushes on this as it deals with underutilized spectrum on a sector by sector basis.  They are willing to take more money to allow FWA to be mobile (think RV or camping). Unsure if this represents a higher priority, for example, FWA Mobile in RVs in Walmart parking lots working where mobile phones need all the capacity. In terms of FWA capacity, their offload strategy is fiber through joint ventures where T-Mobile does the marketing, sales, and customer support while the fiber company does the network planning and installation.  50%-50% financial split not being consolidated into their books. I think discussion of other spectrum would have diluted the fiber joint venture discussion. They do have a fund which one use is to purchase new spectrum. Sale of the 800Mhz would go into this. It should be noted that they continue to buy 2.5Ghz spectrum from schools etc to replace leases. They will have a conference this fall  to update their overall strategies. Other notes from the call are 75% of the phones on the network are 5g. About 85% of their sites have n41, n25, and n71, 90% 5g.  93% of traffic is on midband.  SA is also adding to their performance advantage, which they figure is still ahead of other carriers by two years. It took two weeks to put the auction 108 spectrum to use at their existing sites. Mention was also made that their site spacing was designed for midrange thus no gaps in n41 coverage, while competitors was designed for lowband thus toggles back and forth for n77 also with its shorter range.  
    • The manual network selection sounds like it isn't always scanning NR, hence Dish not showing up. Your easiest way to force Dish is going to be forcing the phone into NR-only mode (*#*#4636#*#* menu?), since rainbow sims don't support SA on T-Mobile.