Network Vision/LTE - Columbus Market

abrcrmdl23

Speedtests are really irrelevant except for troubleshooting a site. Do some real world stuff, YouTube, etc and see if the data is fine.

I was over by that tower today and I tested out YouTube and It loaded with no problem and was in HQ and I also used my Spotify and changed to audio quality to extreme and it worked with no hiccups.

Speedtests are really irrelevant except for troubleshooting a site. Do some real world stuff, YouTube, etc and see if the data is fine.

I was over by that tower today and I tested out YouTube and It loaded with no problem and was in HQ and I also used my Spotify and changed to audio quality to extreme and it worked with no hiccups.

Sounds awesome! Glad to see another market getting some purple on the map.

• Like 1

I'm right at the tower, drove by and nothing... Switched airplane mode on and off and no lte. Must be turned off right now.....

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I was there a few minutes ago. Literally right underneath when I pulled my information. You may want to check to make sure you have LTE enabled. I'm getting LTE at this second. (Went to K&G).

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Yes, lol... LTE is enabled...

We had two rooted EVO lte together, one got lte and mine wouldn't...

Anyone rooted and getting lte, what baseband are you on and what firmware?

• Like 1

YES!! YES!! YES!! I was just coming to the forum to report that the network in my neighborhood (Lancaster Ave and E Broad St) has suddenly gone down the toilet, and now I see we are seeing actual, real, live LTE! Is it a coincidence that this happened so close to "Half Christmas"?

No way! That is my neighborhood! I'll be home soon and will run a speedtest. Can't map on Sensorly as have an IPhone.

Wait, are you saying LTE is on at Lancaster and East Broad or are you just excited about what happened up at Northland?

YES!! YES!! YES!! I was just coming to the forum to report that the network in my neighborhood (Lancaster Ave and E Broad St) has suddenly gone down the toilet, and now I see we are seeing actual, real, live LTE! Is it a coincidence that this happened so close to "Half Christmas"?

No way! That is my neighborhood! I'll be home soon and will run a speedtest. Can't map on Sensorly as have an IPhone.

Wait, are you saying LTE is on at Lancaster and East Broad or are you just excited about what happened up at Northland?

I was confused earlier too, but he said he was complaining about Lancaster & Broad but excited to see LTE in Columbus.

Sensorly showing purple at Bethel and Godown.

Thanks for the heads up!

uploadfromtaptalk1372294487816.jpg

Thanks for the heads up!

That's pretty far from the accepted site. I wonder if we have another site on our hands?

That's pretty far from the accepted site. I wonder if we have another site on our hands?

I'm going to take the scenic route to work tomorrow. It'll take me through that area. I'll report what I find after my first two meetings (~8:30am)

Thanks for the heads up!

Compare the serving cells on the LTE engineering. I connected to standard city monopole sites at 7 to 8 miles with ease and 10 miles with luck.

I'm going to take the scenic route to work tomorrow. It'll take me through that area. I'll report what I find after my first two meetings (~8:30am)

Really hate u guys right now... In Columbus now, my lte isn't working and was around both towers. Checked all my settings and root is good...

Going to backup my rom tonight and flash another rom. If still not working, going to get phone repaired or trade in towards another phone.

Really hate u guys right now... In Columbus now, my lte isn't working and was around both towers. Checked all my settings and root is good...

Going to backup my rom tonight and flash another rom. If still not working, going to get phone repaired or trade in towards another phone.

Good luck buddy. Sucks not having a working phone.

That's gotta be about 10 miles. I'd think that any closer towers would override the tower on Morse. With how strong that purple is, has to be a second tower.

I was confused earlier too, but he said he was complaining about Lancaster & Broad but excited to see LTE in Columbus.

Gotcha, I got really excited as that tower is at the end of my neighborhood.

That's gotta be about 10 miles. I'd think that any closer towers would override the tower on Morse. With how strong that purple is, has to be a second tower.

Get the serving cells from that site that you know. Then drive over to the new purple. Find the strong signal. Then keep track of them. As people will continue to say they get LTE in all these places when you have no idea if it is the same site or not.

Get the serving cells from that site that you know. Then drive over to the new purple. Find the strong signal. Then keep track of them. As people will continue to say they get LTE in all these places when you have no idea if it is the same site or not.

Will SignalCheck Pro not suffice as verifying towers that you're connected to?

All this talk and I decided to power up my Galaxy Nexus. I downloaded signal check pro and sensorly and what do I find? LT to the mother f-ing E up in my 'hood! (North Linden near Northland mall) Woot! I have no idea how to do all this mapping stuff, but I'd love to help. I wouldn't need much more than a brief tutorial if someone wants to learn me.

I'd be so pumped if this is the beginning of a sweet and strong LTE affair. I've been using my OG Nexus S 4G because Wimax is better than nothing.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Will SignalCheck Pro not suffice as verifying towers that you're connected to?

It does and it doesn't. I learned tonight that SignalCheck Pro WILL show you who you are connected to via 1xRTT... but may not necessarily be connected to the same tower with eHRPD or LTE. The screenshot shows that.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

uploadfromtaptalk1372311370614.jpg

As I was mapping around the Bethel Road area, I noticed on SignalCheck Pro that my LTE signal would be far less weaker than my 1xRTT signal. I think the previous poster is correct when they say the LTE tower can be very far reaching. I drove all over that area to see if the signal for stronger but as you can see on Sensorly, it was weak all over that area.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

uploadfromtaptalk1372311882192.jpg