Network Vision/LTE - Columbus Market

abrcrmdl23

Figures... i live down the street from that tower and last night Time Warner internet goes down again and i had was my phone.. at 3G,, with an accasional flish of LTE.

Any other strange occurrences? Like flashes of b26 LTE 800 or the second carrier for b25 LTE 1900? Perhaps even 1x800 from further north?

We are officially a launched lte martlet as of today!!!

http://newsroom.sprint.com/news-releases/4glte-launchedmarkets.htm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SMH. Too early.
  • Like 1

Why too early?

Gotta use the quote button, but there are too many vital areas left without LTE.

Could it be that the majority of the Network is upgrade for them to launch too early?

I understand why they did it, a lot of the city is complete, but, when you have holes like New Albany, Gahanna Shopping Areas, Bexley, Grandview, Livingston/270, Hilliard and East Broad Reynoldsburg, I'd hold my tongue on calling this market launched.

Gotta start under promising and over delivering. Hell, I may have held off until LTE 800 at this point.

• Like 3

I understand Columbus is far from full coverage. But they are quite ahead of 40%. Truth be told, Columbus is being launched with much more coverage than most cities did. Especially back in 2013 when they were mad rushing launches.

• Like 1

I understand Columbus is far from full coverage. But they are quite ahead of 40%. Truth be told, Columbus is being launched with much more coverage than most cities did. Especially back in 2013 when they were mad rushing launches.

True. Just hope they're not shooting themselves in the foot. Most of the uncovered areas cover most of Columbus' wealthiest residents.
  • Like 2

I understand why they did it, a lot of the city is complete, but, when you have holes like New Albany, Gahanna Shopping Areas, Bexley, Grandview, Livingston/270, Hilliard and East Broad Reynoldsburg, I'd hold my tongue on calling this market launched.

Gotta start under promising and over delivering. Hell, I may have held off until LTE 800 at this point.

As long as these areas you mentioned are getting worked on as we speak, i say lay and tweak. Cause I'm still not getting but a glimpse of LTE in my area. 1bar when my phone is idle

True. Just hope they're not shooting themselves in the foot. Most of the uncovered areas cover most of Columbus' wealthiest residents.

I don't know how it is in Columbus, but in my experiences, most of the wealthiest residents use Verizon and won't know they're not covered by Sprint. :hee:

• Like 5

As long as these areas you mentioned are getting worked on as we speak, i say lay and tweak. Cause I'm still not getting but a glimpse of LTE in my area. 1bar when my phone is idle

Only place you're going to get a truthful update on what's still being worked on is here. There is about going on the B26/B41 front.
  • Like 1

I don't know how it is in Columbus, but in my experiences, most of the wealthiest residents use Verizon and won't know they're not covered by Sprint. :hee:

Yeah, they've probably left a while ago, when smart people did. We're just the locos that stuck it out.
  • Like 4

So the iphone6 will support up to 150+megs of LTE. I'm assuming it's Triband

It is Triband.  But it will not get to 150Mbps on Sprint, as it does not do carrier aggregation on Band 41.  So it will max out around 90Mbps in the most ideal conditions on the Sprint network.

Robert

• Like 2

It is Triband. But it will not get to 150Mbps on Sprint, as it does not do carrier aggregation on Band 41. So it will max out around 90Mbps in the most ideal conditions on the Sprint network.

Robert

If up to 90mbps isn't enough 4 u, gtho [emoji41]
  • Like 5

SMH. Too early.

Sprint should put close to actual LTE on the maps within a couple of months per LTE site. Launching would then be far less important, thus any decision on it would be far more acceptable

We have 507 Sprint sites including sites acquired through Clear. 371 of those sites currently has some form of LTE. Below is the break of those said sites. I'd also like to point out that 4 of those sites are Sprint Spark sites!

LTE Bands Accepted by Sites

• 1.9 - 254
  • 1.9/800 - 64
  • 2.5 - 36
  • 2.5/1.9 - 13
  • 2.5/1.9/800 - 4

Grand Total 371

• Like 5