Network Vision/LTE - Columbus Market

abrcrmdl23

Large launch last night. Exact extent being determined. First detected last night by James2oo4 at about 10:15pm on 1x800.

Just an average day downtown, with an amazing -60db 3g signal and not being able to transfer enough data to open google...it's getting old.

Any word on if the capacity downtown is going to be addressed?

Hang in there - major cluster launch for rest of town last night/today. Downtown is last but almost all sites confirmed done. We are estimating next week or week after for downtown.

• Like 1

Just an average day downtown, with an amazing -60db 3g signal and not being able to transfer enough data to open google...it's getting old.

Any word on if the capacity downtown is going to be addressed?

Downtown is where the most NV activity is occurring right now. I'm telling you, become a standard sponsor. There is a ton of information.

There is a reason why Columbus has some of the most Premier Sponsors here on S4GRU.com. We work collectively and have A TON of information for our market.

I'm not telling you all to become Premier, but at least becoming a standard sponsor.

• Like 3

Downtown is where the most NV activity is occurring right now. I'm telling you, become a standard sponsor. There is a ton of information.

There is a reason why Columbus has some of the most Premier Sponsors here on S4GRU.com. We work collectively and have A TON of information for our market.

I'm not telling you all to become Premier, but at least becoming a standard sponsor.

This could not be more accurate, even a standard sponsor has a wealth of information at their fingertips.

• Like 2

Here's a repost from earlier this year on some of the things we have. This is information we had, even before I became a staff member here at S4GRU.

Hello and good morning all Columbus S4GRU Members!

With the permission of S4GRU, I was approved to give you all a sneak peek of some of the information you'll receive as a standard sponsor of S4GRU. Below is only a fraction of the information available to just a standard sponsor. Obviously Premier sponsors receive additional information that includes information about Sprint's Network Vision LTE800 and LTE 2.5 deployment.

There is no minimum required donation amount to become a Sponsor, but I always suggest the amount that you would spend on 2-3 lunches or a few drinks and food at Happy Hour. ;)

If you're interested in learning how to become a sponsor, please Click Here.

IenhE16.jpg THE Columbus Market Map & Spreadsheet
Please view this post in a browser as Tapatalk does not render it correctly.

Remember you have donated to obtain this information. Don't give it away for free! :tu:

Here it is Columbus, the Network Vision Spreadsheet and Map specifically for our market. I would personally like to thank digiblur for creating the spreadsheet and map for Columbus. I would also like to thank the NOLA/BR market for being the original Lab Rats for the spreadsheet and map. Well Columbus, let me know if you have any questions.

Map of Columbus Market:

VIRTUAL MAP REMOVED: PREVIEW ONLY

IqR2Mnf.jpg

Spreadsheet of Columbus Market:

SPREADSHEET HIDDEN

Site ID w/Sensorly Link: Remember site IDs are restricted to sponsor areas. Use cross streets instead.
Type: Current known accepted status of site.
Name: Closest address to site w/Known Name.

NV Work Status (Date = No Work):
  • Unchecked site
  • Date site was last checked and no work found
  • NV Equipment found at the site

RRH/CAB Confirmed: RRHs or Samsung Cabinets has been spotted on the site.
LTE Confirmed: First date that LTE was confirmed live at a site by a S4GRU member.

LTE Serving Cell IDs (PCI): The 3 digit ID used to identify each LTE sector at a site.

• Samsung
  • LG G2
  • iPhone (Physical Cell ID)
LTE Serving Cell HEX (GCI): The HEX codes used to identify each LTE sector at a site. Last 2 are the sector (xx).
  • LG
  • HTC
  • Motorola
  • iPhone (Cell identity DEC needs converted to HEX.

1x800 Confirmed: First date that 1x800 was confirmed live at a site by a S4GRU member.
1x PNs: The 3 digit ID used to identify each 1x sector at a site.
Notes/Issues(*): RRH/CAB/BH status notes, any necessary notes and/or issues confirmed by a S4GRU member.
Forecast: Scheduled date of service to go live (Dates may change in either direction).
Accepted: Date that the service has been accepted by Sprint (Site may go live at later date).

We do have a running challenge going on right now on how many *Bragging Points* one can rack up from locating and confirming Samsung NV equipment and Confirming Live services!

If you need any of the information to be updated on the sheet, please post the information in this thread and amcferrin90, Oakley707 or myself will get it updated. Please use the Site IDs as it will be easier for the editors to quickly find the row and update it.

Thanks to everyone that contributes and edits this sheet, it has been an excellent resource so far.

REMINDER: Please DO NOT share this link and information outside of sponsored areas.

This could not be more accurate, even a standard sponsor has a wealth of information at their fingertips.

Yes! Like how there are hi cap sites to address the cap issue and where they are.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

that map is soooo old. glad it's a thing of the past.

When you look at it daily, it's some times hard to realize how much work is getting done.

• Like 1

Downtown launching now!!! we can see the moon in full view (but a few more missions until we land - ie have LTE and are almost fully complete). Only a handful of sites still broadcasting legacy in our market!!

• Like 2

How many times do you want me to remove this post? Post it again and enjoy a vacation.

So they can talk about hilton head here but I can't talk about lousy service on my trip? Is it now wrong to be honest in this open forum?

This thread is not to post about lousy service and that too in Florida.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

So they can talk about hilton head here but I can't talk about lousy service on my trip? Is it now wrong to be honest in this open forum?

You obviously don't read the rules, so let me share the link and information for you. And like I said directly to you, if you're still using a iPhone 5 your phone is only experiencing 1/3 of the network. Which the network in Florida supports!

Negative comments. We understand that Sprint's network suffers in many places, especially the legacy network.  However, negative comments about Sprint or S4GRU must be constructive in nature, relevant to the topic and the conversation, illustrate facts, be made rationally and intelligently and cannot have an attack tone. Rants will not be allowed. We do not host Sprint complaints. Complaints about Sprint should be directed to their customer service channels.  People come to S4GRU to discuss Network Vision deployment and do not want to sift through uninformative complaints to find useful information.

Respect your leaders. It is acceptable to discuss and even debate points with S4GRU Staff in forum posts and comments. S4GRU Staff includes Administrators, Contributing Authors and Moderators. However, overly aggressive, insulting or combative language that appears disrespectful of the all-volunteer S4GRU staff will not be tolerated. Here is a link to our current S4GRU Staff: http://s4gru.com/ind...50-s4gru-staff/

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1197-s4gru-posting-guidelines-aka-the-rulez/

• Like 1

We want to hear about something we don't already know. I can't speak for the admins. All of us have been thru it but yet we sign for another 2. Uplift us. Plus it's enough negativity out here (just watch the news)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"However, negative comments about Sprint or S4GRU must be constructive in nature, relevant to the topic and the conversation, illustrate facts, be made rationally and intelligently "

I illustrated the facts, they were rational post. I expected service to be better. I'm not a troll and I've been very supportive of Sprints progress in Ohio. To say I expected more in Florida when they have had LTE so much longer is an honest and rational statement.

I didn't troll a nasty post and I even got a LIKE from a premier sponsor. Now you're gonna censor me? Look anyone who gets bad service in areas that are ahead of Ohio will ask honest questions that are legit.

To put it succinctly, no one at S4GRU wants to hear your complaints -- or anyone else's complaints.  Direct them somewhere else, or keep them to yourself.  And if you are planning to port out, that is your call.  But there is no need to announce it here.

AJ 

"However, negative comments about Sprint or S4GRU must be constructive in nature, relevant to the topic and the conversation, illustrate facts, be made rationally and intelligently "

I illustrated the facts, they were rational post. I expected service to be better. I'm not a troll and I've been very supportive of Sprints progress in Ohio. To say I expected more in Florida when they have had LTE so much longer is an honest and rational statement.

I didn't troll a nasty post and I even got a LIKE from a premier sponsor. Now you're gonna censor me

Everyone knows Sprint's network is not where it needs to be yet. Admittedly by several members of the Staff here. When you get into saying if Sprint doesn't do this, I'm doing that, no one here wants to hear it. If you have a complaint about the network in any market, you can direct your comments directly to Sprint.

• Like 1