Network Vision/LTE - Columbus Market

abrcrmdl23

Powerline Sites that weren't converted are going to be redone to full builds.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Good to know. Have they started on any of these yet? And really, the 3G is usable now so that's nice, but it's hard going from LTE at work back to 3G.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good to know. Have they started on any of these yet? And really, the 3G is usable now so that's nice, but it's hard going from LTE at work back to 3G.

Sounds like, not yet, but starting soon.

Columbus by far is way ahead of Cincinnati, for the looks of it. Unless sites here are actually up but just not running and/or reported. I have noticed that most of the sites that are still showing up as not NV'd in the Covington and Cincinnati downtown per say areas, are sites that are also shared by Clearwire. There are three sites alone in Covington that Sprint shares with Clearwire that have not shown up as upgraded, and 3 in downtown Cinci. 

I "liked" this since I live in Cols, but I have a cousin in Cinncy who has expressed possibly going to Sprint once they get good coverage..

• Like 1

haha yeah.. i mean if the 3g is usable ( compared to Sprint legacy 3g - that usually wasn't usable ) .. but you get used to LTE speeds and not waiting on the network

• Like 1

I just want share that there are many many contractors in Columbus. Over 20 upgraded sites appear finished.  A large cluster launch could occur any day now. This will dramatically speed up 3G and most of these sites will have LTE soon after this cluster is launched.  Politics aside, it is time for this message:

We are at least a few weeks from being fully upgraded from legacy, excluding stragglers (Internet backhaul issues, tower problems, zoning issues, etc)

Can't wait to be able to fly that fast down here!... I like what I am seeing... :w00t::w00t:

I have high hopes when sprint has all 3 bands up and start filling in additional towers with b41 Co locating....

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Gmotif...this is my hope also. I rarely see LTE from the 2140 Courtright Rd tower.and I am at Scottwood Elem. 800 and 1900 HD voice is great from it however the data is still horrible. The next closest would be Refugee Rd.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Gmotif...this is my hope also. I rarely see LTE from the 2140 Courtright Rd tower.and I am at Scottwood Elem. 800 and 1900 HD voice is great from it however the data is still horrible. The next closest would be Refugee Rd.

Sounds like signal isn't your issue, but more of a traffic issue. Do you have SignalCheck or Signal Check Pro? I'd like to know your dBm.

BTW... Happy First Post. :banana:

• Like 4

Here is what I see...just did a prl update last night at scottwood and I suddenly see a legacy signal on Barnett.

The "tower" you are picking up on Barnett is from a neighbor's Airave.
  • Like 2

Here is what I see...just did a prl update last night at scottwood and I suddenly see a legacy signal on Barnett.

you could contact Sprint airave support and have them restrict this to just the registered phones of this airave, provided the address is accurate and the actual home of the registered Sprint account holder (ie not parents, ex, clients, etc).

sent by tapatalk from my LS-980 (G2)