Network Vision/LTE - Columbus Market

abrcrmdl23

I can't wait until HD voice is in Columbus. I experienced it this morning in Dayton. I was down there for Central States graduation and my friend happened to call me to see if I was there yet and man the call was sooo clear! This really makes me want to stay with Sprint more and more.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

It's already in columbus.... Experience it a lot on the east side!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 4

There were some sites LTE accepted on 5/9/2014. You can find out more over in the Sponsor section here: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/4742-columbus-market-mapspreadsheet/

Moto E is out. Triband? I think it's got band 25 and 26... Not sure though

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

From what I saw, 3G only but it does have Sprint's CDMA frequencies, which doesn't always mean Sprint directly- could be used on one of Sprint's many MVNOs such as Boost, Virgin, Republic, FreedomPOP, etc.

I've noticed recently that there have been tower crews on Sprint towers lately. Sites that have been already converted to NV. I wonder what they're up to? The one by Kingy's pizza has been done for around 10 months. Nothing left to tune. Hmmm.

I've noticed recently that there have been tower crews on Sprint towers lately. Sites that have been already converted to NV. I wonder what they're up to? The one by Kingy's pizza has been done for around 10 months. Nothing left to tune. Hmmm.

I think maintenance, I mean they aren't going to upgrade the stuff again...

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk 2

Yeah that would be crazy right? Upgrade the upgrade. Who would do such a thing? I would be pissed though if it took a truck, trailer and 4 guys to do maintenance on a new system. Maybe they forgot their screwdriver? 

• Like 1

Yeah that would be crazy right? Upgrade the upgrade. Who would do such a thing? I would be pissed though if it took a truck, trailer and 4 guys to do maintenance on a new system. Maybe they forgot their screwdriver?

May be preparation for NV 2.5.

• Like 1

I just they would upgrade the broad/Lancaster road tower to lte all of the surrounding towers are lte, and cause problems with my iphone going to 1x

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

PowerLine sites haven't been touched yet besides GMO setups.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

I just they would upgrade the broad/Lancaster road tower to lte all of the surrounding towers are lte, and cause problems with my iphone going to 1x

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

Actually of the tower you mentioned above.. it is one of  3 towers clustered close that are all still 3g in the middle of a lot of LTE.. the one slightly west of your Broad/Lancaster .. near ( but not quite at ) Broad/ 270 is also 3g and near my work

Took my lunch break sitting next to the Revol site at Grandview HS. The Sprint gear is still all legacy but I witnessed a contractor doing a site visit, identifying which antenna was Sprint's and wandering around trying to locate the cabinets. Great news!

• Like 5

I've been totally dropping data (no 3G, 4G, nothing) in Short North, Hilltop, and Worthington for a few weeks now. Considering the level of completion in some of those markets, my thoughts on the network upgrades range from slightly negative to horrendous. Perhaps it will get better. But as of now, I'm just waiting out my contract.

So to say there's coverage holes is an understatement. I'll note that 5+ years ago I never had issues in Short North, and in fact could impress others with how far inside various bars in the neighborhood I'd have coverage. But today I got the triangle exclamation point standing outside of my gym on High and 2nd. That's...not good.

I'm in the campus area and I've been having issues with not receiving texts until hours later, sometimes even the next day.
  • Like 1

I'm in the campus area and I've been having issues with not receiving texts until hours later, sometimes even the next day.

It may not seem like it, but that is great news.  Any chance you can become a sponsor and check out the local sites on campus?  There are a couple that you should be able to see.  if you are not able, get Signal Check Pro and keep checking your screens for signs of NV.

This happens when you are in a border area between upgraded sites and non-upgraded sites. It's a border that goes several miles. I can tell you that Sprint has aimed the antennas on the upgraded border sites inward towards the non-upgraded sites. They've done what they can to try and eliminate these problems, it's a compatiblity problem between tower hardware. Hopefully they get some additional sites converted and keep moving.

This happens when you are in a border area between upgraded sites and non-upgraded sites. It's a border that goes several miles. I can tell you that Sprint has aimed the antennas on the upgraded border sites inward towards the non-upgraded sites. They've done what they can to try and eliminate these problems, it's a compatiblity problem between tower hardware. Hopefully they get some additional sites converted and keep moving.

So once the non-upgraded towers are upgraded then the antennas will then be adjusted which would fix the gaps within the market?

So once the non-upgraded towers are upgraded then the antennas will then be adjusted which would fix the gaps within the market?

In terms of gap issues, the following tools are at their disposal once the site is fully upgraded to network vision: the radios are in the towers rather than on the ground so more signal is available, with new vision they have far greater ability to make remote adjustments, and the backhaul can handle the data demands. Now in addition to this, on rare occasions they will make the site high capacity, which is like having two sites in one. They are also adding band 41 TD-LTE 2600 to many sites, which will increase speed and thus data capacity. We also have band 26 LTE 800, which offers greater range and building penetration, to be added to all fully upgraded NV sites. It has been used in Ohio, but has not arrived in our market yet to the best of our knowledge. Not a simple answer, but now you are more informed.

sent by tapatalk from my LS-980 (G2)

• Like 1

While everything that dkyeager spoke of is true, it will only be true where signal makes it presence. The NV1.0 deployment was to upgrade the system, increase capacity and boost range of sites. There are several other phases in the workings to provide faster data and more data capacity gearing up towards Voice Over LTE where they will not need voice service only data in the handsets. So on the gaps, there are still gaps. The gaps are fewer because of more power coming out of the towers. There are problem areas that will just require more towers. Will Sprint ever add more towers? We hope so.

Drive through the areas outside of 270: Powell through to Westerville on Polaris Pkwy, that would be a good test for what to expect in an upgraded area. That is if you're not in an upgraded area.

Took my lunch break sitting next to the Revol site at Grandview HS. The Sprint gear is still all legacy but I witnessed a contractor doing a site visit, identifying which antenna was Sprint's and wandering around trying to locate the cabinets. Great news!

Which part of the tower is sprint's? there is a lower part with small antennas and then on the very top the antennas are a lot wider.

Which part of the tower is sprint's? there is a lower part with small antennas and then on the very top the antennas are a lot wider.

Its the one on the northeast section of the field. On the light pole.

Its the one on the northeast section of the field. On the light pole.

The Sprint upgrade map a few months ago told a different story. I zoomed in and it had the tower on the north west side of the football field on the pole with the spotlights getting an upgrade. This tower has two sets of antennas and it has American Tower corp's sign on it. The upgrade is not there anymore though i just checked.