Network Vision/LTE - Columbus Market

abrcrmdl23

Hello all. Did another speed test this morning from the same B41 tower. Enjoy :)

ha3a3yda.jpgvagapuga.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Help me out... Am I right to be more excited about the "ping" than the download speed?

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Help me out... Am I right to be more excited about the "ping" than the download speed?

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

Why not be excited for both? I almost sh*t bricks when I saw the speed. It was 10 mbps faster on the download than G2 AND I was further away from the tower!!

• Like 1

Yeah... It brings tears to my eyes when your phone's (wireless) Internet is faster then my isp's (wired) Internet.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk 2

I couldn't agree with you more. However, it's still very impressive to how far technology has come. I wonder how fast B26 will be.

• Like 1

Hopefully it will be able to replace my home Internet. B26 will more than likely get bogged down as time goes on when more users start using lte phones. So, I'm hoping for at least a constant 10Mbps connection.

Hopefully it will be able to replace my home Internet. B26 will more than likely get bogged down as time goes on when more users start using lte phones. So, I'm hoping for at least a constant 10Mbps connection.

Why replace ur home Internet? Are you going to get on a tethering plan? If people use lte for main home Internet, the Network will be crap again..... Very soon!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Nope, but in the future I want something offered faster than my current Internet provider. Also not like a tethering plan more like a actual isp kind of Internet, like the one clear sold and kind of worked I heard.

Yeah... It brings tears to my eyes when your phone's (wireless) Internet is faster then my isp's (wired) Internet.

You're looking at a max pull. Wireless internet doesn't provide the constant connection that wired internet does, even when sitting still in a single location without breathing.

Nope, but in the future I want something offered faster than my current Internet provider. Also not like a tethering plan more like a actual isp kind of Internet, like the one clear sold and kind of worked I heard.

You're not going to see another unlimited home internet solution again like you seen with Clear WiMax service. You'll only have the option of plans with limits.

You're looking at a max pull. Wireless internet doesn't provide the constant connection that wired internet does, even when sitting still in a single location without breathing.

Oh? Well I changed my mind then, but it maybe good for those that don't need to have a constant connection or those that don't even have high speed Internet.

Also, I only needed it for Web browser in for my parents and the occasional video they watch. Just want a cheap connection for them.

Edited by thre3

Oh? Well I changed my mind then, but it maybe good for those that don't need to have a constant connection or those that don't even have high speed Internet.

Also, I only needed it for Web browser in for my parents and the occasional video they watch. Just want a cheap connection for them.

Where are you/they located? Time Warner or WOW doesn't provide at least a Turbo connection there?

I couldn't agree with you more. However, it's still very impressive to how far technology has come. I wonder how fast B26 will be.

Hey guys, B26 will be the same maximum performance as B25 which is 37 Mb.  Keep in mind this is a theoretical max and real world speeds will be slower than that.  Also, please note that when the network is completely rolled out you really shouldn't be on B26 unless you do NOT have coverage from a B41 or B25 site.  The network will shunt you from bands based on network load.

• Like 2

Hey guys, B26 will be the same maximum performance as B25 which is 37 Mb.  Keep in mind this is a theoretical max and real world speeds will be slower than that.  Also, please note that when the network is completely rolled out you really shouldn't be on B26 unless you do NOT have coverage from a B41 or B25 site.  The network will shunt you from bands based on network load.

I wouldn't say shouldn't. If the B25 carrier is overloaded I would expect the network to shift as many users as possible to B26 in order to balance the load.

• Like 1

What a difference a year makes. Feels good to see LTE on my phone consistently on the North side. Once the Eastside (my area) gets that way, Sprint will be alll good with me. Kudos so far!! BTW we should enjoy today what we didn't have yesterday. Why wonder how fast the next band will be? Consumers are never satisfied

• Like 3

I have Time Warner and my internet connection and any time is consistently 50 to 53 down and 5 to 6 up.. my ping is usually 15 to 30.. while this is currently the fastest connection for Columbus Time Warner is gearing up to offer 100 Mbps download.. The problem with speedtest is it doesnt truely download that much data.. it does sort of an estimation.. Ive been to a site that  loads down and transfers huge amounts of data to see if your connection is not only that fast, but that constant - time and time again. If speedtest did this over cellular it would bog down the system much more. But speedtest seems pretty accurate - the most important thing.

Where home internet still has the edge ( providing you have no existing problems ) is consistency in ping times and speed.. which cellular has more variables which I think change those parameters..

What a difference a year makes. Feels good to see LTE on my phone consistently on the North side. Once the Eastside (my area) gets that way, Sprint will be alll good with me. Kudos so far!! BTW we should enjoy today what we didn't have yesterday. Why wonder how fast the next band will be? Consumers are never satisfied

Yes Im happy to see my phone go from being useless ( when not on wi fi ) to something I can enjoy.  Before I could send test and make calls.. even sending text was sometimes not dependable.

Things are looking up !

I wouldn't sat shouldn't. If the B25 carrier is overloaded I would expect the network to shift as many users as possible to B26 in order to balance the load.

It's not going to work that way, unfortunately. It has to do with signal strength, so whatever has the better signal strength your phone will prefer, even if it's an overloaded tower.

Carrier aggregation (connecting to multiple towers/bands at the same time) may change that in the future. However, there are currently no Sprint phones that are released that will support it until around the end of the year.

It's not going to work that way, unfortunately. It has to do with signal strength, so whatever has the better signal strength your phone will prefer, even if it's an overloaded tower.

Carrier aggregation (connecting to multiple towers/bands at the same time) may change that in the future. However, there are currently no Sprint phones that are released that will support it until around the end of the year.

The network will dynamically shuffle users around to different bands due to load as well.

Sent from my Nexus 5

• Like 1

I wouldn't say shouldn't. If the B25 carrier is overloaded I would expect the network to shift as many users as possible to B26 in order to balance the load.

The network will dynamically shuffle users around to different bands due to load as well.

Sent from my Nexus 5

I probably could have worded that better.  The intent was that moving forward most connections will be B25 / B41 unless either are overloaded or out of range.  I agree that it is all dependent on current network load and you could be switched around at will (also kind of the point).  Just wanted to make sure people didn't think that B26 was going to be their own personal band for uber fast connections.  That is not the purpose of B26.

• Like 1

Hey guys, B26 will be the same maximum performance as B25 which is 37 Mb. Keep in mind this is a theoretical max and real world speeds will be slower than that. Also, please note that when the network is completely rolled out you really shouldn't be on B26 unless you do NOT have coverage from a B41 or B25 site. The network will shunt you from bands based on network load.

Any LTE is better than no LTE.

• Like 5

I'll be happy when I can just have voice service when I need it and enough data to stream some music or surf the internet. Of course, at home that was all NV upgraded in August-ish and it's no better than legacy was. 

Getting a little sore lately from the recent NV rollouts around Columbus. Brings my office into the middle of Moto/Sammy no phone workie land. Dropped calls. Calls straight to voice mail. It gets old.

• Like 2

I'll be happy when I can just have voice service when I need it and enough data to stream some music or surf the internet. Of course, at home that was all NV upgraded in August-ish and it's no better than legacy was.

Getting a little sore lately from the recent NV rollouts around Columbus. Brings my office into the middle of Moto/Sammy no phone workie land. Dropped calls. Calls straight to voice mail. It gets old.

My old S3 would eat battery power like it was going out of style when I was at work. I share your pain, being on the edge of two towers and your phone going crazy trying to figure out which one to connect to. By half day's of work, my S3 ate over 60% from being idle. Granted, with data off, it was longer. S5 and the G2 before it lasted much longer and I used about 50-60% of power after 10 hour work day. I think it's due to both larger batteries and more stable and faster connection to B41, rather than bouncing between 2 3G towers all day.