Network Vision/LTE - Columbus Market

abrcrmdl23

I have been getting a lot of "1x" on my iPhone 5C lately. Especially in Westerville. Anyone know why this is happening?

Work is being done in Westerville but we can't say that's the reason for your 1x.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I have been getting a lot of "1x" on my iPhone 5C lately. Especially in Westerville. Anyone know why this is happening?

Where were you in westerville, any where near I-270? That site is legacy and cannot keep up anymore. I've been getting 1x from it for a couple weeks now...

Where were you in westerville, any where near I-270? That site is legacy and cannot keep up anymore. I've been getting 1x from it for a couple weeks now...

I was near there. Is this site gonna be upgraded?!

Edited by mick124

Eventually it will be, and Westerville is having a lot of work done now. You'll probably see it upgraded pretty soon.

Yes it is being updated, I've been watching that tower for at least a year due to it being directly next to my office.  It's too bad, because that site is the worst.  Cannot wait for that site to go live.

I guess I should stop being lazy and tell you all that another site in Zanesville went to LTE yesterday....

If you're a sponsor, you may want to join our chat. I'll post their first, then get around to S4GRU.com later.

• Like 1

Just FYI I was sitting in Asian Star having lunch with my son and his g2 was flipping back and forth on band 41, 25 and yes 26..

I about fell out, I was for sure the spark update was coming.

ps I was on the engineering screen, the was Friday at about 3pm

• Like 1

Also sitting at Meijer on 33 I did a prl and profile update and a reboot the phone came back on with the sim saying unregisterd card

downloaded the 400+ mb spark file from lg site, unpacked it but cant find the unpacked file on my phone. I was trying to take one for the team.

Just FYI I was sitting in Asian Star having lunch with my son and his g2 was flipping back and forth on band 41, 25 and yes 26..

Screenshots?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

try to connect again and get screenshot as already stated....

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

It would be worth noting if the phone was just scanning for signal in those bands vs finding and registering. I believe once registered the status says IDLE. At least that's what mine is saying registered on active bc25.

• Like 2

Attention G2 Users!!!

The spark update was released early this morning: http://support.sprint.com/support/article/Find_and_update_the_software_version_on_your_LG_G2/WServiceAdvisory_542_GKB55011?INTNAV=SU:DP:OV:UG:LgG2:FindAndUpdateTheSoftwareVersionOnYourLgG2

(credit: The Dave)  It may take 10 days for you to get this update, which is randomly determined by Google.

In a spark market you will get all three bands, which gives you high speed (band 41), better building penetration and distance (band 26), and traditional LTE (band 25).  Columbus is not a spark market (yet.) Currently you will only see some 1900 LTE(band 25) sites in Columbus and more in most of the surrounding communities.  We currently have 44 band 41 spark sites in Columbus, but special techniques are required to regularly see them (these techniques are currently being retested with latest release). On infrequent occasions band 41 sites will be visible to a spark enabled G2. If your phone says it is on band 50, that means it is idle (has no LTE). 

More detailed information is available to sponsors.  All information is available to premier members.

This post will be edited as events change in Columbus for G2 phones as more LTE sitea are being added each week.

• Like 4

Yes. On the westbound off ramp. To the right. A backho @ a large roll of orange tube

Interesting, I'll be back there today.  Try to snag a photo if you have a chance, I know it is a difficult one to document with all of the traffic.

Thanks.

Yes. On the westbound off ramp. To the right. A backho @ a large roll of orange tube

That work has been going on a couple weeks. Thank you for mentioning it as I forgot to. Not real sure about what that is. Orange is definitely fiber but it's coming from the side of the freeway up the off-ramp. Either it was the easiest way to the Lauffer Rd tower from where the fiber is or ODOT is extending their fiber that runs down the median for something.